Abysmal

That was an untter shower of :censored:e that second half a gutless peformance by the players. Don't know one player who could hold his head up after that barring Matt Smith who scored. Plus we had the first rant of the season from Nathan Price as well. Onto the next one :)

At half time, I honestly wasn't worried. It was even without being sparkling, but there was nothing there that suggested what the second half would turn out like.

We started the second half slowly and their first came initially from a poor kick from Bouzanis, which gave them easy possession. Then we just stood off. Before Latics got their breath back, it was 2-0 down to a lazy, nothing clearance from M'voto gifting them possession in our box. The third was bad luck on Bouzy, but a criminal challenge from M'voto to give the pen away. Bouzy's pen save was brilliant, but guess who reacted quickest to the rebound. The fourth, I could have scored, we gave him so much space.

On the plus side, I thought Simpson had a decent game in centre mid and was unfortunate to be brought off. I would have had Changy off instead. He huffed and puffed, had shots from ridiculous distances and missed by ridiculous distances. Byrne was solid enough, Grounds was OK and Wabara worked hard. Derbyshire got no service whatsoever and this was probably Baxter's worst game for us. Montano tried and tried, but their RB had the measure of him. It was no different when he swopped wings with Croft in the first half. Croft was poor and deserved to be subbed. At half time, we were saying how solid we looked with Byrne & M'voto, then Big Jean forgot how to play football in the second half.

In the first half, we passed the ball pretty well until the final third, then had no cutting edge. We were even more toothless in the second half and, once we went 2-0 down, we couldn't string two passes together and constantly gave the ball away. We were responsible for increasing Bournemouth's confidence. Once they realised we'd lost the plot (not even sure we'd read the script), they upped their game and, quite honestly, it could have been 5, 6 or 7.

Credit to Matt Smith, he tried his best and Sutherland had a bit of a go, but looked out of his depth. Winchester was ineffective to the point where you forgot he was there. Felt really sorry for Bouzanis. He didn't deserve that, but we deserved what we got for that second half showing. And it could have been worse.

I've never been in the "Dickov out" camp, but something has to happen soon. More worrying is, if he goes, who do we bring in? I honestly can't think of anyone that I genuinely want to come to BP who isn't a "can't do any worse" candidate. There's been mentions of Cotterill, Brown, Reid and even Coyle (cough), but I'm not sure any of them are cut out for a dog fight, so I'm in a quandary now. Do we stick with PD and trust him to turn it around, or do we look elsewhere and hope it works.

I really do not know the answer. (Except I got us in the Championship on FM)

Cotterill went to Forest with them in a similarish position and kept them up - we wouldn't be playing tika taka with him in charge but we would be organised and have a semblance of a game plan.

I have got to the point where I really dont care what style of football we play as long as we have a manager who can get results consistantly so that we can challenge at the right end of the table

I draw the line at Martin Allen and the style he likes especially when we played his Cheltenham side but I will up to try anything else now, we cant be any worse can we?

Edited by palmer1

We had one of those, Ronnie i think his name was...

In all honesty we were never getting a result there today with the form they've hit, Corney will be thinking win the next two and the cup game and everything is rosy again, reality is different and Dickov, Taggart, Butler and Duxbury need to go.

I have got to the point where I really dont care what style of football we play as long as we have a manager who can get results consistantly so that we can challenge at the right end of the table

I draw the line at Martin Allen and the style he likes especially when we played his Cheltenham side but I will up to try anything else now, we cant be any worse can we?

Same here

Are tell you now cotterill is not a long ball manager! We would be organised and hard to beat with him in charge and he did a great job on a nothing budget at Pompey as well.

He can be a nasty git aswell and that's what we need IMO and is scared to make the big decisions in dropping the bigger players.

If we get him I would seriously be over the moon but think could be hell of a reality check to some of the players

Yesterday I have big issues. At set peices we are done again where the :censored: is the leadership! Byrne was brought it for this reason I assume, there was a good player in there but he is over the hill and so slow its ridiculous and as for mvoto I but tarky was seething this is the same guy who did something rash and stupid just a few weeks and cost us and although in a different context hasn't learned diving in inside the box with a guy going nowhere and he embarrsment of a clearance for the 2nd

I haven't once criticised an individual until now but I'm so fed up with a am amateur performances. FFS show some balls pd and start tarky and smith they deserve a go!

We aren't as good at team as we think and without a left back Tuesday even against Hartlepool I worry

A nice bloke like pd doesn't make a good manager

A nasty peice of work like cotterill is

Could he get on with corney however I'm not convinced but I want to see it tried

We should of been at that point when Ronnie Moore was in charge!

Just got back from yesterdays game, and yes it was an unacceptable performance AGAIN!

We were clueless and resorted as usual to the punt forward. I felt sorry for derbyshire, no service whatsoever, other than the punts above his head which were food and drink to the 6ft odd centre backs.

It really was a collective off day with nobody doing themselves justice, although bouzanis couldn't be faulted for any of the goals.

It was what i would call a timid performance and once more we gifted the opposition goals.

I'm struggling to see a way back for PD now.

Rumours on twitter that the fans were calling for PD's head, any truth in this?

Some were, but not all by any means. I spoke to some who had changed their mind though and now thought he had to go.

Emotions were running high though a that 2nd half was absolutely dire.

I've never been in the "Dickov out" camp, but something has to happen soon. More worrying is, if he goes, who do we bring in?

I think it might be getting to the point where it doesn't matter because I don't think it can get much worse.

The games against Bury and Tranmere were very disappointing but yesterday was just shambolic - I’d go as far as to say worse than anything we saw under Penney.

At full time yesterday I could help thinking back to Corney’s comment about the players getting a wage regardless of how they perform – it would be ridiculous to suggest they shouldn’t be paid, but yesterday’s performance was an insult to the travelling fans who probably spent nigh on £100 to go to the game. Was a little competition too much to ask?

The players should take a fair chunk of the blame – I think only Smith, Montano and Bouzanis deserved a rating of more than 3 out of 10 from yesterdays game. It looks like we’re bringing Baxter down to our level – it would be absolute career suicide for him to sign a longer contract with us. He should get out while he has other options on the table. I’m also not sure why everyone rates Croft so highly – he doesn’t score, he doesn’t cross (from open play) and he doesn’t seem to attempt to try either of these fundamental things a winger should do. People crucified Warren Feeney for being so ineffective in attack, but Croft seems to be exempt from any sort of criticism at all.

But the majority of the blame has to lie squarely with Dickov in my opinion. While the players did their job badly, it’s the manager who chooses to play such bizarre tactics like yesterday, which might be the reason why the players arn’t mentally 100% up for it. Who exactly was supposed to be supporting Derbyshire up front, who had to battle on his own against FOUR Bournemouth defenders? What exactly was the thinking behind swapping Croft and Montano over, so they had to cross with their heavily weaker foot? If the players arn’t doing what they’re told – stick the bloody kids in. Absolutely none of our players are superstars and if they think they are they should spend a few weeks in the reserves.

Edited by JoeP

At half time, I honestly wasn't worried. It was even without being sparkling, but there was nothing there that suggested what the second half would turn out like.

We started the second half slowly and their first came initially from a poor kick from Bouzanis, which gave them easy possession. Then we just stood off. Before Latics got their breath back, it was 2-0 down to a lazy, nothing clearance from M'voto gifting them possession in our box. The third was bad luck on Bouzy, but a criminal challenge from M'voto to give the pen away. Bouzy's pen save was brilliant, but guess who reacted quickest to the rebound. The fourth, I could have scored, we gave him so much space.

On the plus side, I thought Simpson had a decent game in centre mid and was unfortunate to be brought off. I would have had Changy off instead. He huffed and puffed, had shots from ridiculous distances and missed by ridiculous distances. Byrne was solid enough, Grounds was OK and Wabara worked hard. Derbyshire got no service whatsoever and this was probably Baxter's worst game for us. Montano tried and tried, but their RB had the measure of him. It was no different when he swopped wings with Croft in the first half. Croft was poor and deserved to be subbed. At half time, we were saying how solid we looked with Byrne & M'voto, then Big Jean forgot how to play football in the second half.

In the first half, we passed the ball pretty well until the final third, then had no cutting edge. We were even more toothless in the second half and, once we went 2-0 down, we couldn't string two passes together and constantly gave the ball away. We were responsible for increasing Bournemouth's confidence. Once they realised we'd lost the plot (not even sure we'd read the script), they upped their game and, quite honestly, it could have been 5, 6 or 7.

Credit to Matt Smith, he tried his best and Sutherland had a bit of a go, but looked out of his depth. Winchester was ineffective to the point where you forgot he was there. Felt really sorry for Bouzanis. He didn't deserve that, but we deserved what we got for that second half showing. And it could have been worse.

I've never been in the "Dickov out" camp, but something has to happen soon. More worrying is, if he goes, who do we bring in? I honestly can't think of anyone that I genuinely want to come to BP who isn't a "can't do any worse" candidate. There's been mentions of Cotterill, Brown, Reid and even Coyle (cough), but I'm not sure any of them are cut out for a dog fight, so I'm in a quandary now. Do we stick with PD and trust him to turn it around, or do we look elsewhere and hope it works.

I really do not know the answer. (Except I got us in the Championship on FM)

Simpson was crap yesterday I thought. He took to long on the ball, misplaced passes and was weak in challenges.

Edited by bowl

It's interesting that with derbyshire,Baxter and wabara we have gone down the league, flattered to deceive?

..............or now playing with poorer players than they're used to; under poorer management than they're used to?

Playing devil's advocate there; but the point still stands.

I don't for one minute think it's anything to do with the quality of those 3 players....