Before the griping starts...

...I'd just like to get in a well done to the boys for keeping going, a lot was said of their character by PD and the fans following on Saturday but they've evidently stuck at it tonight and got their rewards.

Most important thing tonight was the result.

...I'd just like to get in a well done to the boys for keeping going, a lot was said of their character by PD and the fans following on Saturday but they've evidently stuck at it tonight and got their rewards.

Most important thing tonight was the result.

Agreed

why start the thread off on a negative note...gets on my tits that. just say well done ffs.

Because judging from the chat there's going to be a fair few gripes and whinging on here despite the result, so I was pre-empting it because I still sense the board may be awash soon with negativity.

But 'well done'. I agree!

Because judging from the chat there's going to be a fair few gripes and whinging on here despite the result, so I was pre-empting it because I still sense the board may be awash soon with negativity.

But 'well done'. I agree!

Not tonight.

They are waiting for the next loss, didn't somebody actually confess to wanting us to lose tonight, just so Dickov gets the sack? :censored:ing dispicable!

why start the thread off on a negative note...gets on my tits that. just say well done ffs.

Called being a realist? People are bound to be negative despite a great result... So he's getting his well done in early? Simples.

Not tonight.

They are waiting for the next loss, didn't somebody actually confess to wanting us to lose tonight, just so Dickov gets the sack? :censored:ing dispicable!

I just don't, and never will, understand that.

We needed a big 3 points tonigt. We got it (just mind) - it's been a good night. Perspetive is needed; as it was against the bottom side wo themselves are in a terrible run - but; you've got to beat what's in front of you. We did that. Just! Big 3 points needed & got.

Hopefully the team carry this into Saturday; and we take the game to the Shrews and really get at them.

We needed a big 3 points tonigt. We got it (just mind) - it's been a good night. Perspetive is needed; as it was against the bottom side wo themselves are in a terrible run - but; you've got to beat what's in front of you. We did that. Just! Big 3 points needed & got.

Hopefully the team carry this into Saturday; and we take the game to the Shrews and really get at them.

+1

How does beating bottom of the league who only had 10 men change anything?! Papering over the cracks I think! It isn't good enough and if you are happy with that we are going to end up in the bottom four.

Papering over the cracks or not - surely you've got to be happy with the win? We needed it; and got it.

How does beating bottom of the league who only had 10 men change anything?! Papering over the cracks I think! It isn't good enough and if you are happy with that we are going to end up in the bottom four.

Your wrong. People are happy with 3 much needed points, that dusnt mean people are instantly fooled into believing all is well.

Don't get me wrong I am glad of the three points much needed!! You have got to look for the season though!

20 points from 18 games would give us 51 points, which given Pompey are going to get 10 points taken off at some point ought to see us safe. Don't think that will be good enough for Dickov to keep his job though.

while I disagree with it, I understand it.

these 3 points could be costly if it buys Dickov another 3 or 4 games where we get nothing when a new manager could have done better.

my head says he's a bad manager, my heart says maybe, just maybe things will click at some point.

a scrawpy win like this could be a bigger catalyst than Crewe.