Long Ball

If we play long ball tomorrow we will be playing right into their hands. They have Rob Jones 6 foot 7 and Jamie mcoombe 6 foot 5 we will just conceed possession and give it straight back to them. So please Mr Dickov don't set us up to play long ball.

If we play long ball tomorrow we will be playing right into their hands. They have Rob Jones 6 foot 7 and Jamie mcoombe 6 foot 5 we will just conceed possession and give it straight back to them. So please Mr Dickov don't set us up to play long ball.

Long ball it is then!!

Will Smith get a start tomorrow though?

Baxter and Montano back would mean they will automatically get into the team, Dickov favourites and all that, so I assume that Brown will be out, Grounds back to left back, Montano in and Smith on the bench again.

Even though I think that Grounds and Brown played well in their respective positions on Saturday.

Will Smith get a start tomorrow though?

Baxter and Montano back would mean they will automatically get into the team, Dickov favourites and all that, so I assume that Brown will be out, Grounds back to left back, Montano in and Smith on the bench again.

Even though I think that Grounds and Brown played well in their respective positions on Saturday.

'Dickov favourites' is a tad harsh re the recall of our top scorer and best player. PD's form is largely (not always) to allow a player to keep the shirt if they've earned it so I wouldn't be surprised to see Grounds/Brown stay on the wing. As Brown pointed out on the fishal, we've won every game he's started!

'Dickov favourites' is a tad harsh re the recall of our top scorer and best player. PD's form is largely (not always) to allow a player to keep the shirt if they've earned it so I wouldn't be surprised to see Grounds/Brown stay on the wing. As Brown pointed out on the fishal, we've won every game he's started!

I agree its a bit harsh in this context but the Kuqi situation last season, M'Voto v Bournemouth was the same. Granted, it's in hindsight and there are legitimate reasons for them being recalled immediately. As with Baxter, I would be disappointed to see him benched, as you say, he's our best player.

However, with Montano, it's a different matter; he was extremely poor before his suspension so its arguable that he should retain his spot. Especially when Grounds and Brown worked well as a pair on Saturday.

I wouldn't complain if Montano and Baxter were put back in because its understandable. It was just a flippant comment really.

Didn't realise that Doncaster have Jones and McCombe at centre back. I'd like to see Smith get a run in the side but as the OP said it doesn't make sense to go long ball against that back line, so hopefully Baxter will be recalled and play alongside Derbyshire and they can pick apart their defence (odds on us hoofing it to those two? :surrender: ).

Apart from that I don't see any harm in playing Grounds and Brown on the left side. Montano hasn't done enough be guaranteed a starting spot and could prove a useful player to bring on for the last quarter of the game.

Didn't realise that Doncaster have Jones and McCombe at centre back. I'd like to see Smith get a run in the side but as the OP said it doesn't make sense to go long ball against that back line, so hopefully Baxter will be recalled and play alongside Derbyshire and they can pick apart their defence (odds on us hoofing it to those two? :surrender: ).

Apart from that I don't see any harm in playing Grounds and Brown on the left side. Montano hasn't done enough be guaranteed a starting spot and could prove a useful player to bring on for the last quarter of the game.

Don't know how quick these two are, but with Derbyshire playing off the shoulder and running in behind them and Baxter picking the passes, we should have a chance.

Don't know how quick these two are, but with Derbyshire playing off the shoulder and running in behind them and Baxter picking the passes, we should have a chance.

This is very true and its where we could get at them if we get hold of the ball and get it on the deck.

However the problem could come from set pieces we don't have that much height in the side Mvoto apart and with those 2 attacking corners it could prove a problem..

I've just been talking to a Donny season ticket holder at work who said that boom boom mcCombe is currently injured. I'm not sure that's true. His replacement, Tommy Spurr, she says, is small, fast, mobile and is playing well.

She was complaining that they often get over run in midfield. I told her that wouldn't be a problem as our midfielders seldom cross the half way line and usually only pass sideways or backwards. I hope I'm wrong tonight.

She was complaining that Donny were playing rubbish at the moment and are boring to watch, even though they are near the top and won 4-0 at the weekend. Typical negative Yorkshire moaners.

Edited by butchcass