Latics player again !

Just to balance the argument.

Not everyone on LP was affected, it seemed that most in the matchday chat were OK, except for the 1/2 time glitch.

My connection was solid till 1/2 time when both Latics and Doncaster disappeared for a few mins but soon after 2nd 1/2 KO both came back. I listened to Latics and it was solid from then till the end of the commentary.

I've cancelled my subscription.

Had to listen to Doncaster's commentary last night although even that was up and down.

I also hate the live "text" commentary which is completely useless. It has that annoying "click" when anything appears. Also it seems to repeat the same thing about 10 times making it impossible to keep track of what's happening.

Rubbish.

While I would hate to take money away from the club, a mass cancellation - timed to happen simultaneously - is probably the best way to get the company that provides the service to sit up and improve it.

I've never bothered with it though, so I suppose it's none of my concern.

Just to balance the argument.

Not everyone on LP was affected, it seemed that most in the matchday chat were OK, except for the 1/2 time glitch.

My connection was solid till 1/2 time when both Latics and Doncaster disappeared for a few mins but soon after 2nd 1/2 KO both came back. I listened to Latics and it was solid from then till the end of the commentary.

^^ This. Identical to the problems I had. I think it's unlikely that either Latics or Doncaster were at fault, although I recall Roy & Gordy saying something right at the beginning that they had to change ISDN lines or something. I've not had too many problems this season and both Latics and Donny commentaries were certainly off and on at the same time last night.

As an aside, I've found that getting rid of McAfee and installing AVG has improved my laptop's performance, particularly where videos and (dare I say it) commentaries are concerned.

^^ This. Identical to the problems I had. I think it's unlikely that either Latics or Doncaster were at fault, although I recall Roy & Gordy saying something right at the beginning that they had to change ISDN lines or something. I've not had too many problems this season and both Latics and Donny commentaries were certainly off and on at the same time last night.

As an aside, I've found that getting rid of McAfee and installing AVG has improved my laptop's performance, particularly where videos and (dare I say it) commentaries are concerned.

When the Latics Player's company's contract up ?... maybe a change might resolve all the problems - having said that a change to the website provider made it much worse.

When the Latics Player's company's contract up ?... maybe a change might resolve all the problems - having said that a change to the website provider made it much worse.

They didn't change provider - the provider just changed the template and Latics team haven't been able to get it set up correctly.

They didn't change provider - the provider just changed the template and Latics team haven't been able to get it set up correctly.

So why did the provider change something that was working fine to something horrible, same with the so called mobile app ?

So why did the provider change something that was working fine to something horrible, same with the so called mobile app ?

Good ideals, bad ideas, worse execution. An apparent complete lack of User consultation or testing and a complete disregard for End Users.

I feel like Latics should be kicking down their door, and that may be the case behind the scenes, but I get the feeling it's here to stay and Latics need to embrace it and get it in to a working state!

Had to listen to Doncaster's commentary last night although even that was up and down.

I also hate the live "text" commentary which is completely useless. It has that annoying "click" when anything appears. Also it seems to repeat the same thing about 10 times making it impossible to keep track of what's happening.

Rubbish.

My LP kept cutting out all through the match. Could only get it back if I clicked on the Donny commentary and then click back on Latics. I thought it was only me!

I wondered what the annoying click was. Thought it was Gordy's teeth!

Anybody any ideas how it can be improved?