A post of appreciation..

.. for the 100 or so regulars in the Rochdale Road End who do superbly well in trying to create something resembling an atmosphere at BP.

Superb today and long may it continue.

Edited by JoeP

It would be even better if the steward didn't keep forcing us to sit down

I actually got called a childish chav befoe for saying that before on twitter, by a latics fan!

Keep singing lad, as flemboy says it'd be like a wake otherwise!

Edited by Schlieb

It would be even better if the steward didn't keep forcing us to sit down

I actually got called a childish chav before for saying that before on twitter, by a latics fan!

Fair play to you all. Making an atmosphere does make a difference to viewing experiences for other fans. Keep it up.

Ignore the cynics who want to sit in silence and expect everybody else to dwell in their miserableness.

As for your initial point. It really angers me, seeing stewards sit fans down. I know it's regulation but they should implement the rule to both home and away fans if they are to implement it at all. I wouldn't even sit fans down anyway, it's a killer, why do we expect fans to come when they are forced to sit down and shut-up?

Safe standing will be the invigorator for the football league, if we are to get it before the Premier League does. Frankly, I can't wait to get some noise back at BP.

Keep it going, the old timers :first: I guess I am half way there now ;)

yes, you and me are nearly half way to getting our telegram. does she Lizzy still do them?

well done to the young chavs chaps. In all honesty, these kids could watch our Manchester cousins but show great loyalty and not a little passion. Well done.

i actually can't shout any more. it totally knackers my lungs. i'm screwed.....

The atmosphere follows the play. Donny fans so loud. Two missed chances later quiet with concern. Warbara goal and quiet forever. If Latics play like that you can't help but sing and shout. I agree that we should be able to stand and have areas in which to stand in the 'stand', not to increase the ground capacity, but because it is warmer and improves the atmosphere. Singers stand so why can't we?

Edited by Hands on

Singers stand so why can't we?

because you can charge more for people to sit and have the same view as a standing person

that and certain FA directors had shares in seat manufacturing companys around this time no coincedence like

The atmosphere follows the play. Donny fans so loud. Two missed chances later quiet with concern. Warbara goal and quiet forever. If Latics play like that you can't help but sing and shout. I agree that we should be able to stand and have areas in which to stand in the 'stand', not to increase the ground capacity, but because it is warmer and improves the atmosphere. Singers stand so why can't we?

We can stand. If 500 people in a close proximity were to stand together then they wouldn't be able to sit everybody down. There's just a minority of miserables that ask stewards to sit people down that want to make a genuine atmsophere, for once. Like in the Chaddy for the Tranmere game. It's not often that there's a good atmosphere in the Chaddy but there was that game but yet again, some old men behind them complained and got them sat down.

I would say get a designated standing area but that place in the RRE where the kids sing has now confirmed itself as the standing area and they are still sat down.

Only solution: The lads on here who do stand there, get all of your mates down to watch the match, make them all stand and sing and once you get enough then they won't be able to make you sit. I hope you all succeed to be honest, brings a bit of life.

Out of interest, where's that ULTRAS idea gone? I remember a flag at the end of last season but nothing has come about yet.

I didn't really mind sitting down when we weren't doing much singing, but when we were there's no reason to force us to sit, the fact they weren't forcing the away fans to is what annoyed me, and the fact that no-one was behid us so we weren't blocking anyones view of the game.

I didn't really mind sitting down when we weren't doing much singing, but when we were there's no reason to force us to sit, the fact they weren't forcing the away fans to is what annoyed me, and the fact that no-one was behind us so we weren't blocking anyones view of the game.

Agree - I am all for allowing those who wish to stand to try and do so - but it has to be in an area where all are of a like mind - so no-one who has paid for a seat gets a blocked view of the game.

There are occasions (mainly at away games) when I do stand - but at home it is simply not possible given where my allocated seat is - oh and also I am 6'6" so any poor sod behind me cannot see anyway! :tongue:

When singing we’re told by experts that it’s very important to have very good posture. To do this, you are advised to stand up, because you get more air when standing. Raise your arms above your head, and you should feel your chest go up. Take your arms down, and don’t let your chest fall. Stand straight, there is your singing posture. It’s a fact that one sings better when standing, because standing lines-up the airway so the flow is direct. Also when standing in your singing posture, it helps if you place one hand on your diaphragm, just below the rib cage and one right on top of your chest. This way you can make sure that your diaphragm is expanding, and that your chest is not rising or falling while you sing.

Therefore, on health grounds, singers should be allowed to stand to avoid restricting the airway, which may cause choking, especially if eating while singing! :grin:

Be warned that standing is not tolerated at the City Ground, but the good news is that the acoustics are great, even though your health is being damaged while sitting and singing. Of course, if all singers stand together, there’s less chance of eviction, but it causes a nuisance for non-standers in with the standing singers.

Although Latics can’t be seen to be encouraging people to stand in breach of stadium regulations, the club could sell tickets for one section designated for those willing to sing in support of the team. If those supporters then stand occasionally, it would be a matter for the stewards to deal with, but it would avoid causing nuisance to others who prefer not to stand.

Therefore, in order to separate those supporters likely to take part in standing/singing from those wishing to remain seated, or indeed unable to stand, it would be good if the Club would work with the supporters to sort an entire block that can be a dedicated ‘singing’ section at Forest, like it was willing to do for the Ultras at BP. This would create a more enjoyable match-day experience for those who crave a better atmosphere. In addition those who don't like people standing up in front of them, will have a better match-day experience as they are separated from the people who like to sing together and get more demonstrative in support of the team.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns