What would be the better sales method?

The game v Liverpool is undoubtedly going to be a sell out, but what is the most effective method of selling tickets to people. Last year was quite a cock up and due to the limitation of the amount Liverpool will be allocated will be mean Liverpool fans will come over and buy tickets in the home section. The club need to make this game as fair as possible and despite not being a season ticket holder myself anymore, I still feel they deserve priority. Thus, the question is to be asked what is the best method of sales. Personally, the method of opening the sales to season ticket holders is priority giving them the option of one extra ticket per season ticket and or two extra if they hold a stub from the forest game. The club should then bring in a promotional offer allowing those who go to the Brentford game priority tickets along with those who still hold a forest game stub and offer them priority tickets . This then prioritises those who are season holders, went to the forest game and go to the Brentford game and most likely sell majority home tickets. After this depending on the amount left, open them up to general sales selling the remaining until full capacity. Please give other models of sales

The game v Liverpool is undoubtedly going to be a sell out, but what is the most effective method of selling tickets to people. Last year was quite a cock up and due to the limitation of the amount Liverpool will be allocated will be mean Liverpool fans will come over and buy tickets in the home section. The club need to make this game as fair as possible and despite not being a season ticket holder myself anymore, I still feel they deserve priority. Thus, the question is to be asked what is the best method of sales. Personally, the method of opening the sales to season ticket holders is priority giving them the option of one extra ticket per season ticket and or two extra if they hold a stub from the forest game. The club should then bring in a promotional offer allowing those who go to the Brentford game priority tickets along with those who still hold a forest game stub and offer them priority tickets . This then prioritises those who are season holders, went to the forest game and go to the Brentford game and most likely sell majority home tickets. After this depending on the amount left, open them up to general sales selling the remaining until full capacity. Please give other models of sales

I disagree. Last year was not a cock up.

I disagree. Last year was not a cock up.

This.

The club said how it would work.

They said when it would work.

People who turned up first got tickets first.

I do criticise the clubs ticketing facilities which are too small. But understand the costs of enhancing them for one big game every few years may not be worth paying.

Agree, Season Ticket Holders got priority and even some of us had to queue for an hour or so in the snow then open sale, if you got your arse to Boundary Park early enough and wrapped up against the elements you got your ticket with minimal fuss with the inconvenience of queueing for a while. If you turned up mid-morning or later, well that was a bit dumb and if you turned up wearing shorts and a t-shirt like a couple did - well words fail me.

And O4U agree

Anyone who says

Oright, la… any chance if three tickees for the pool?

gets told to sod off...

Sadly like Man Utd fans, most Liverpool fans don;'t have an L postcode….

Edited by oafcprozac

It was suggested last season by someone to open a few turnstiles and have people come through them and pay on an early morning, tell people before hand to have the right change and bingo an easy and quick way to sell tickets and can have say 8 turnstiles open so less queues for all

No No and No again. Sorry but that is a disaster waiting to happen and will casue more peoblems than it will solve.

This is not like last season, we have three weeks to sell the tickets plus the benefit of a home game this Saturday. There is plenty of time and therefore there are unlikely to be long queues this time

It was suggested last season by someone to open a few turnstiles and have people come through them and pay on an early morning, tell people before hand to have the right change and bingo an easy and quick way to sell tickets and can have say 8 turnstiles open so less queues for all

I would join the shortest one and get the slowest :censored: ever serving, happens everytime in Tesco :grin:

Simple. Anyone from Merseyside is barred.

What do you think, Rosa?

Only just seen this. If it's 2 tickets per season tickets I'm gonna give my spare one to one of my LFC-season-ticket holder cousins. Their fans'll be struggling for a ticket as well, it's only fair.