Priority announced

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If liverpool get the whole RRE it leaves 5500 home fans. 2000 season ticket holders. I can easily see there being around 5500 at the game on saturday, maybe pushing 6. If there is 6000 - thats 500 very pissed off people.

The extra revenue from saturday will offset some of the extra policing costs to put us in teh small RRE. Big opportunity for the club to get fans onside here.

Edited by pukka

Given that its all ticket, does this mean the tickets are numbered and rowed to a fixed seat? Because season tickets and voucher holders should be allowed to gain one extra ticket, or will all season ticket holders and voucher holders be sitting on their own?

It's always unreserved seats for cup-ties at BP, so ST holders can't claim their normal seat, and there's no need for ST holders to wait until the second or third phase of ticket-selling, in order to guarantee sitting with their mates, like they had to do for Anfield.

How many programs do we normally sell? All they need do is limit the print run to how many seats are left over after ST holders have their go. There will be some ST holders who aren't going to go to the Cup game and plenty who will buy a program but not need the voucher, so nobody would get diddled and there will still be plenty on open sale. The worst that could happen is that we sell out of programs meaning ST holders can't get one.

Or we could just chance it...

Id hate to think the club would get people to pay in on Saturday thinking theyll have a very good chance of getting a ticket when in reality there could only be 1000 available. After last years joke i think they need to win a few stay aways over.

The club need to announce this before saturday.

The club also needs to not alienate its life blood (Season Ticket Holders) any further.

There are several people who have stated they have a season ticket and also bring their wife / girlfriend / parents / kids to matches as paying customers (it's a struggle to buy 1 ST let alone 2).

I bring my 15 year old to around 10 games a season and feel that as she doesn't come to every match it's fair play if she maybe has to miss out (albeit not to someone who comes once a season).

My brother on the other hand is a different issue, his lad come to every match. If he doesn't get 2 tickets together (which is where the problem lies by just giving 1 per ST) for the Liverpool game I can see him not renewing next year.

The club will only attract new fans by getting the product on the pitch week in week out, a 5-0 defeat by Liverpool won't do that.

Now climb down off your high horse and stop trying to wind everyone up :wink:

It's always unreserved seats for cup-ties at BP, so ST holders can't claim their normal seat, and there's no need for ST holders to wait until the second or third phase of ticket-selling, in order to guarantee sitting with their mates, like they had to do for Anfield.

Seem to remember having a specific seat for both the Bolton and City home games which were 2 of the more recent ones that had BP at capacity or near to it.

How many programs do we normally sell? All they need do is limit the print run to how many seats are left over after ST holders have their go. There will be some ST holders who aren't going to go to the Cup game and plenty who will buy a program but not need the voucher, so nobody would get diddled and there will still be plenty on open sale. The worst that could happen is that we sell out of programs meaning ST holders can't get one.

Or we could just chance it...

The programme misinformation was a cock-up on the OS. No voucher in the programme!

The club also needs to not alienate its life blood (Season Ticket Holders) any further.

There are several people who have stated they have a season ticket and also bring their wife / girlfriend / parents / kids to matches as paying customers (it's a struggle to buy 1 ST let alone 2).

I bring my 15 year old to around 10 games a season and feel that as she doesn't come to every match it's fair play if she maybe has to miss out (albeit not to someone who comes once a season).

My brother on the other hand is a different issue, his lad come to every match. If he doesn't get 2 tickets together (which is where the problem lies by just giving 1 per ST) for the Liverpool game I can see him not renewing next year.

The club will only attract new fans by getting the product on the pitch week in week out, a 5-0 defeat by Liverpool won't do that.

Now climb down off your high horse and stop trying to wind everyone up :wink:

I don't get it. If someone's missus/kid isn't a ST holder and you are then there's nothing stopping them bringing them on Saturday for the voucher and then when voucher sales are on you can get two tickets together - one with the ST and one with the voucher. I'm sure ST holders won't be prohibited from using their vouchers when it's time for Brentford vouchers to be used.

The issue is 2,700 extra people getting tickets for the sole reason that they are mates/relatives of somebody who has a ST, which would be grossly unfair if tickets run out for others.

The risk is club say 2 per ST holder and the full RRE to the Scousers, probably leaving Brentford voucher holders without a ticket.

Edited by jsslatic

The programme misinformation was a cock-up on the OS. No voucher in the programme!

Even simpler then - only print as many vouchers as there can possibly be seats for. If they are all gone by the time you get to the ground then you have to take your chances at open sale.

I'd like a right good go on Scarlet Johansson whilst celebrating a large euromillions win.

Unfortunately me wanting the above doesn't make it any more likely to happen and may in fact lead to disappointment; of which life is already all too full of.

Many people are going to be disappointed regarding Liverpool tickets, some people who have never seen us play before are going to get tickets and will probably spend most of the match looking at their phone or leave after 20 minutes as it is cold.

I would have liked tickets to see Sigur Ros play at an outdoor amphitheatre in the south of France in late September, unfortunately my boss wouldn't let me have the time off as it is our busiest period of the year so I couldn't go, which was a shame.

I don't get it. If someone's missus/kid isn't a ST holder and you are then there's nothing stopping them bringing them on Saturday for the voucher and then when voucher sales are on you can get two tickets together - one with the ST and one with the voucher. I'm sure ST holders won't be prohibited from using their vouchers when it's time for Brentford vouchers to be used.

The issue is 2,700 extra people getting tickets for the sole reason that they are mates/relatives of somebody who has a ST, which would be grossly unfair if tickets run out for others.

That's the only way it would work, however this is Latics.

That would be too simple.

At the end of the day season ticket holders are garunteed atleast one ticket. Those wanting a second i suspect many could be for young uns, relatives simple suggestion walk through your turnstile with your partner, kid, relative, friend give your match voucher and at the same time point out to the turnstile operator that he or she is also paying for this person that way that individual gets a voucher.

If it turns out before hand season ticket holders are getting two problem solved but that paying customer gets a voucher they could pass on anyway.

Even simpler then - only print as many vouchers as there can possibly be seats for. If they are all gone by the time you get to the ground then you have to take your chances at open sale.

If they've run out of vouchers in one section of the ground, you walk round to the other section(s) to see if any left there.

my lad has a season ticket and I don't although I have missed around 5 games this season (all away). I don't expect a ticket with his season ticket even though I paid for it. I will now get both our tickets when the voucher holders can. At the end of the day we are customers and when demand has outstripped supply there are 2 options. Get more supply (ie temporary stand) probably not going to happen. or say sorry it's sold out to people who bought their tickets 1st!

my lad has a season ticket and I don't although I have missed around 5 games this season (all away). I don't expect a ticket with his season ticket even though I paid for it. I will now get both our tickets when the voucher holders can. At the end of the day we are customers and when demand has outstripped supply there are 2 options. Get more supply (ie temporary stand) probably not going to happen. or say sorry it's sold out to people who bought their tickets 1st!

And what happens if they sell out before you manage to get 2 tickets?

Supporter not customers.

AMF.

I think its just the bitch that its 10,600 all seated stadium. I think its a given that Liverpool will get the full RRE, which is around 4200 tickets, leaving around 6400 home fan tickets, based on approximates. There are around 2200 season ticket holders which if you are allowed to get one extra ticket per season ticket, then that's possible 4000 tickets sold leaving 2400 left. Our average attendance is around 3400 so that extra 1000 who pay on the day then gain a voucher and claim a ticket for the Liverpool game, docks the remaining tickets to 1200 left. Say an extra 1000 come to the Brentford game especially for the voucher, then that leaves around 200- no tickets remaining. If the club didn't allow season ticket holders the chance to get an extra ticket, then say of the 2200 season ticket holders, we sold 2000 tickets to season ticket holders, then a total of 4400 tickets remain. the amount remaining depends on who shows up on sat. If we minus the extra 1000 that normally show up on the gate and who claim a voucher and get a Liverpool ticket, that is around 3000 tickets remaining. So for instance, an extra 2000 fans who get a voucher and get a Liverpool ticket on Saturday, giving a home gate of 5400 fans, will mean 1000 tickets remaining to go on general sale. Regardless, there will be a lot who don't get tickets