Notts county fans view

Oldham were awful, second only to Hartlepool in teams I've seen this season. The defense were outmuscled and in central midfield they were always off-the-pace, Wesolowski in particular is one of the worst players I've had the pleasure of spending 90 minutes watching. Not only did he spend the whole time trying to get everyone sent off (just like he did to Boucaud earlier in the season) but he couldn't pass the ball and every tackle was late, he also looked about 2 stone overweight. Mat Smith up-front as equally bad, zero ability apart from being big and physical yet he lost every aerial challenge with...Gary Liddle. Odd.

All I can say is thank the lord a team like Oldham came along to help us get the monkey off our back.

sort of says it all really

Seems about right. Byrne lacks pace and M'Voto makes many mistakes - unreliable defence. CM lacks, supposed to have one looking to hold back and one looking to attack, then both joining in when either defending or attacking. Seems we never have a partnership like that there. Croft lacks pace and when Wabara overlaps he cannot get decent crosses into the box. M'Changama out of position and clearly see that. Taylor not ready and Matt Smith just a physical presence, League 2 player at best. Serious changes needed!

Notts County fan to Weso on twitter

"@wesolowski14 Hi James. I want to be a Pro footballer but I'm short, moan a lot and not very good. Any tips?"

Made me laugh that one.

Does Alan Judge still play for Notts County?

According to radio Manchester Wes was our best player, albeit with limited competition. Whatever our Notts friend got correct I think he is anti Wes over the previous sending off.

The guy on twitter that said that also seemed pissed off he tried getting one of theirs sent off. Could be sour grapes.

The guy on twitter that said that also seemed pissed off he tried getting one of theirs sent off. Could be sour grapes.

It's understandable, I've not forgiven Kevin Bartlett for fouling Earl the pearl during an epic league cup encounter with Notts.

I think I've overvalued a lot of our 1st team players this season, but at the same time I'm certain that a manager could mold this squad into a functional unit and more than hold their own at this level. Dickov can't do this so he has to be replaced.

nearly the whole squad (bar smith and taylor) have experience at this level or higher. Cisak/Bouzanis maybe haven't actually but they're pretty decent keepers. Take Simpson, he looks a shell of the player we used to have, even in preseason he bagged a few IIRC? I think Dickov's been too paly with a few, they've got into a comfort zone so now when he bollocks them they don't take it seriously. I honestly think the players don't trust the manager anymore. I know I wouldn't if I was in there with him, looking at his record and some of his decisions

8 games with Matty Smith = 6 losses 1 draw and a cup win. No thrust anymore as we lump it up to Smith. We need to dispose of the lad - he is a liability as he stops us doing the things that had some thinking we would be in the top half of the table now after performances at crewe, colchester and the drubbings of Preston and Donny - no Matt Smith in sight just high tempo closing down. That style of play begins up front and without slating him too much, (he seems a nice chap) I'm afraid opposing defenders must love playing him as they can just spread the ball across the back line as he turns slower than Clifford 'the titanic' Byrne. We need someone up top for Jose to thread balls to when he finds those lovely pockets of space - his frustration was summed up against Crewe when he was so fed up of having no movement ahead of him that he attempted a 50yd lob.

We need to change the style - the personnel changes are embarrassing at the moment. Taylor on left wing is the final straw.

This Notts fan is right & if Chambers thinks out MOM is Smith then that's cos we don't let the ball touch the deck anymore.

DICKOV OUT - PLEASE!