Simon Corney testing the water?

Now obviously after yesterdays AMAZING AMAZING STILL CANT BELIEVE IT result the club was bound to be all over the news and SC would be giving interview after interview.

He has been on BBC, ITV, Shout:censored:e etc etc

I may be wrong but not once did he give PD his full and strong backing and on some of these interviews mentioned that decisions needed to be made which of course anyone who is close to the club knows

Was SC just testing the water to see what the backlash from the press would be like if he sacked PD after yesterdays heroics? all this good press for the club could and more than likley would turn very quickly

If we lose to Walsall will he pull the trigger? or has PD bought himself until Everton no matter what?

what if we lose all games and then we beat Everton?

Edited by palmer1

I'd imagine that privately, he's given PD a target of say 5 points from the next 3 games (or even 7 points) to keep his job.

If we lose to Walsall, its not looking good for PD.

If there is a press-backlash, it'd be a pretty poorly researched one. The run we're on is terrible by any standards.

Based on 5Live interview this morning SC "wants" PD to be in charge for the Everton game but there are 3 games in between now and then.

For me that means SC has agreed with PD some sort of target to return from those games or else out.

Given current league form seems fair

In my opinion, I wouldn't say a press backlash even comes into the thought process on this one. I'm not sure that there would be much of a backlash, and even if there was I don't think it would damage the club or SC.

The Dickov to be sacked line was an easy one for the papers to go for today - but anyone who looked at our recent results would say the manager was facing the axe. In a way, the papers were just stating the obvious but it just looked better on a backpage in light of the giantkilling. In other words, it'd catch the attention of anybody who doesn't have the remotest idea of what's been happening at Boundary park for about five minutes.

Seed planting ????

If sacked in the next week or two, no one will be surprised.

Very unclear , lose to Walsall and get the sack ????? fail to beat Yeovil and get the sack ???

Any new manager would come in as the transfer window slams close.

I don't think Latics winning was seen as the fly in the ointment , it appears to have become.

Think it is up to his players now to go out and deliver against Walsall & Yeovil .......no going back the hapless league form.

Seed planting ????

If sacked in the next week or two, no one will be surprised.

Very unclear , lose to Walsall and get the sack ????? fail to beat Yeovil and get the sack ???

Any new manager would come in as the transfer window slams close.

I don't think Latics winning was seen as the fly in the ointment , it appears to have become.

Think it is up to his players now to go out and deliver against Walsall & Yeovil .......no going back the hapless league form.

The season doesn't have 93 days left in it so any new manager who wants to bring some new bodies in on loan has until the 3rd Thursday in March (I think) to do so. As you can have an "emergency" loan for 93 days.

With our cup run there should be some money to do so but that poses the question as to why not give Dickov the money?

My concern is that nothing's changed. I'm not referring to PD's position but the need to strengthen the squad to get us further up the league.

It's the 29th tomorrow and three days until transfer deadline. Granted the loan window then reopens but we're at the bare bones in midfield and upfront, especially with injuries to M'Changama and Furman away on cup duty.

We've just made :censored:loads from the Liverpool game and due to double that from the Everton game.

If SC is fully committed to PD and honestly wants him to be manager come the Everton game then he needs to give him the resources to succeed starting with a striker, midfielder and winger.

In 20 years to come when dickov has a big red nose and Oldham have won 3 champs leagues and dominated the prem, dickov will look back on Smith and Wabara's goals like Fergie looks back on Mark Robins's goal.

I was thinking the same myself. Is this Dickov's Fergie moment. Not likely though as he would probably leave for a bigger club.

Now obviously after yesterdays AMAZING AMAZING STILL CANT BELIEVE IT result the club was bound to be all over the news and SC would be giving interview after interview.

He has been on BBC, ITV, Shout:censored:e etc etc

I may be wrong but not once did he give PD his full and strong backing and on some of these interviews mentioned that decisions needed to be made which of course anyone who is close to the club knows

Was SC just testing the water to see what the backlash from the press would be like if he sacked PD after yesterdays heroics? all this good press for the club could and more than likley would turn very quickly

If we lose to Walsall will he pull the trigger? or has PD bought himself until Everton no matter what?

what if we lose all games and then we beat Everton?

The way I look at the current situation is to ask myself how many points I would expect to gain from the next three league games.

Walsall (A)

Yeovil (H)

MK Dons (A)

If we play well, we should not lose either of the first two - so let's say 4 points

MK Dons away is a tricky one - tough place to go so possibly nothing from there.

That leaves a minimum of 4 points from the next 9 - good enough to keep PD in the job? Probably. Any more would be a real bonus.

I think we will see a couple of new faces brought in in the next few days. If we don't then perform to whatever Corney's target is then Dickov will go. The new manager will still have the loan window to bring people in if need be.

Slight chance of a sneaky bid for Matt Smith from somewhere based on Sunday's performance??

I think we will see a couple of new faces brought in in the next few days. If we don't then perform to whatever Corney's target is then Dickov will go. The new manager will still have the loan window to bring people in if need be.

Slight chance of a sneaky bid for Matt Smith from somewhere based on Sunday's performance??

After finally seeing the the result of all Matt Smiths hard work, I really hope there is no cheeky bid, otherwise we will be well and truly up a river without a paddle. Carry on my son, and see were it takes you

The way I look at the current situation is to ask myself how many points I would expect to gain from the next three league games.

Walsall (A)

Yeovil (H)

MK Dons (A)

If we play well, we should not lose either of the first two - so let's say 4 points

MK Dons away is a tricky one - tough place to go so possibly nothing from there.

That leaves a minimum of 4 points from the next 9 - good enough to keep PD in the job? Probably. Any more would be a real bonus.

It's MK Dongs at HOME not away!!

Dave Hudson