FAO Barry

Can't imagine any other club in the country would allow 40% of the ground for a home cup tie to be given to the away team , without a fight to the very end.

1. Give Everton the large part only.

2. Only allow home fans out at end of game.

3. Get the police to do what they are paid for and make sure home fans disperse and leave the area.

4. Let away fans out short time later.

It's not rocket science.

Farcical .

Can't imagine any other club in the country would allow 40% of the ground for a home cup tie to be given to the away team , without a fight to the very end.

1. Give Everton the large part only.

2. Only allow home fans out at end of game.

3. Get the police to do what they are paid for and make sure home fans disperse and leave the area.

4. Let away fans out short time later.

It's not rocket science.

Farcical .

That makes far too much sense! As for trouble, was there actually any in the ground when the fans were side by side?

The only report seems to be of a little skirmish on sheepfoot lane, and that could happen again whether all latics fans are in the CRE.

Total nonsense!

A number of fans have read too much into my post believing that I am resigned to Everton having the whole of the Rochdale Road End.

That is not the case. I am strongly of the belief that we have sufficient grounds to state a case with the Police and the Local Authority to maintain the arrangement that we had for Liverpool.

The Chairman has given me the authority to work on the matter and I will be doing my best to act in the interests of the fans I represent.

Having said that, a great deal of improvement needs to occur with our own fans and there were many incidents that I cannot address on the board. In particular the coin throwing will have to be eradicated and such behaviour does make it more awkward when I am fighting a case on the clubs behalf.

Please bear with me and keep your fingers crossed for a successful outcome.

Barry

Give everton the whole rre,and it might as well be a home game for them,the chaddyend is long finished..why on earth didnt the Gmp keep the pool in for 15mins,problem solved or did they want both sets of fans too come out at the same time,knowing how pissed off the pool was,knowing possible trouble too justify double time overtime pay!!!!!!!!

A number of fans have read too much into my post believing that I am resigned to Everton having the whole of the Rochdale Road End.

That is not the case. I am strongly of the belief that we have sufficient grounds to state a case with the Police and the Local Authority to maintain the arrangement that we had for Liverpool.

The Chairman has given me the authority to work on the matter and I will be doing my best to act in the interests of the fans I represent.

Having said that, a great deal of improvement needs to occur with our own fans and there were many incidents that I cannot address on the board. In particular the coin throwing will have to be eradicated and such behaviour does make it more awkward when I am fighting a case on the clubs behalf.

Please bear with me and keep your fingers crossed for a successful outcome.

Barry

I'll aim to be positive rather than taking a position for the sake of it here, but I have a couple of concerns which I will try to raise fairly here, which maybe might help Barry in his mission:

There was no bother around the Liverpool game to compare to most random League 1 team encounters

Silly kids have thrown silly things (sweets?) at each other across the moat since it was created. Deal with it now or put a barrier up, Act as a Board, it's no use having a split terrace if we can't use it when the other lot might be a bit norty and our chavs might respond.

Consider the Chaddy as the away end in such circumstances

You have given me a though Lover with regard to the throwing. A net could alleviate the problem. Thanks for your views mate.

Barry

Although the club might lose out on some possible revenue in the short-term (the match), we could place a sterile zone of a few aisles between the home/away fans and the barrier. If the police are worried about the fans being too near to one another then that would create distance between them.

I know the club want to maximise the profits made from this match but I think it would be a bigger benefit to the club that we had an extra 1600 Latics fans and a few hundred empty seats for safety rather than 4000+ Everton fans. With a silent home support we're almost certain to lose. It's essential that we get as many Latics fans in the stadium as possible even if that does mean we sacrifice a small amount of revenue.

Would that be the same Hillsborough Disaster PROVED to have been caused by Police incompetence in planning and delivering the event, the same police that panicked when their incompetence cost scores of lives?

Barry this is the wrong call and you know it, thank your ex colleagues for their advice tell them in no uncertain terms to stick it and stand firm...

-

You have to be careful keeping fans in. There has been a court case to say it is unlawful. Dom't worry doing my best mate

I take it this is the same GMP who kept a block of Latics fans behind after the Rochdale away game last March. Must have been unlawful then too,

Whenever it suits as usual with the police.