Baxter ?

Latics players commentators said he was quiet, that's not what's needed in a relegation battle.

Would it be unthinkable to drop him against Yoevil, replacing him with probably a more solid Paul Murray ?

I stand by for a barrage,

Latics players commentators said he was quiet, that's not what's needed in a relegation battle.

Would it be unthinkable to drop him against Yoevil, replacing him with probably a more solid Paul Murray ?

not unthinkable at all since he signed full time he's not played to his full capacity

Who wasn't ok, let us know ?

The biggest culprit once again was our manager though. Other than that most were ok, certainly wasn't a lack off effort. Other than brown who had no confidence at all and was pretty bad the players were not that bad. Tactics beat us today

Not a chance were dropping him! I like him in a more attacking role than he has been playing in recent weeks however.

Maybe that's the problem, the midfield is still too lightweight, it's ok when teams have a lightweight midfield themselves (like Liverpool) but not against more rugged Division One teams.

Maybe that's the problem, the midfield is still too lightweight, it's ok when teams have a lightweight midfield themselves (like Liverpool) but not against more rugged Division One teams.

Again, I agree with your post BP1960. Missing an enforcer for me. If Furman that man... Not sure. Loan window opens next week.....

Brown had a shocker, he looks like a little boy lost and I can't help feeling we need another right back.

Barnard started very well, quality goal from a superb Croft cross. He will be very good and certainly looks determined and fit enough.

Not sure why Croft was subbed he gave his all for me but really missed his mate Wabara.

Again, not sure why Winchester was subbed, not a big fan of has yet but he looked ok and was looking to repeat last weeks role by tucking in (though this inevitably means we lack width).

Mvoto and Byrne were solid enough and Grounds always impresses me and Bouzanis was fine.

First half was definitely ours, two good shouts for pens turned down, they were fortunate to get back in it before the break (Brown out of position and a poor header I think).

They came out flying second half and shaded, the third goal was really well taken but flatters them

Oh, Chris Owelmu started brightly bt faded as the game went on, he and Barnard could be very effective though,

Baxter and Wes were just ok.

New guy from Reading seemed to lack a bit of fight but hat ay prove to b bit unkind.

Just back from the game At 1-0 up we were in control, playing with skill and passion. Still can't understand how we lost 3-1 against a poor Walsall team. We had two clear penalties turned down in the first half. Connor Brown looks suspect, distribution awful. We desperately need a ballwinner in midfield and Baxter higher up the pitch.

If PD is sacked, who is going to do any better and with what/whom?

Just back from the game At 1-0 up we were in control, playing with skill and passion. Still can't understand how we lost 3-1 against a poor Walsall team. We had two clear penalties turned down in the first half. Connor Brown looks suspect, distribution awful. We desperately need a ballwinner in midfield and Baxter higher up the pitch.

If PD is sacked, who is going to do any better and with what/whom?

Well that doesn't fit the narrative.

You look at the starting eleven and the first 25 mins and you think why are we in trouble. Then the game gets going and the opposition seems to be able to react to us, nullify us and then we not seem to be able t counter. It's happened too often this season.

I wouldn't be against starting Murray, but I wouldn't drop Baxter.

I'd play Baxter in his proper position. Up with a striker where he will hurt teams.