If Dickov does get the sack

Been thinking of potential replacements, obviously I'd have someone like Grayson at the drop of a hat but doubt We'd get him. Phil Brown who's been mentioned by others doesn't really float my boat seems to have been a big failure everywhere other than Hull and even that didn't end well. So what about trying to get Stitch back always thought he did an admirable Job last time given the resources he had and coupled with the fact the division back then imo was a lot tougher than it is now. Just think it might bring some of the stayaways back get everyone pulling in the right direction and improve the whole atmosphere around the place. Thoughts?

Maybe, but it could be unfinished business he was harshly treated by Moore, the only time he had a half decent budget to work with he had floating around near the top not the league and gets the boot. Plus anyone that managed to get Mark Hotte to play like a semi decent footballer can't of been too bad.

Been thinking of potential replacements, obviously I'd have someone like Grayson at the drop of a hat but doubt We'd get him. Phil Brown who's been mentioned by others doesn't really float my boat seems to have been a big failure everywhere other than Hull and even that didn't end well. So what about trying to get Stitch back always thought he did an admirable Job last time given the resources he had and coupled with the fact the division back then imo was a lot tougher than it is now. Just think it might bring some of the stayaways back get everyone pulling in the right direction and improve the whole atmosphere around the place. Thoughts?

Stitch is the last person I would want for a few reasons.

1) How in the hell can the club make progress and move forward if its supporters are still stuck in the past and obsessed with the nostalgia of the late 80's and early 90's. The fans can't keep looking back to individuals from this era for a solution every time the club is in a sticky spot. If fans are really serious about wanting to see Oldham Athletic move forward then its time to knock the obsession with nostalgia and the past on the head and move on.

2) Ritchie has been out of the game for too long, and doesn't have the best record after leaving Barnsley.

I want a manger who is stern and gets us organised for a start

This. I'd be looking for someone experienced that isn't going to be worried about giving these set of wet cabbages a good bollocking that they need, at least till the end of the season, then see who's available in Summer. Peter Reid or Billy Davies (doubt he'd come here) strike me as the sort of person we need. I'm not sure about Brown for our current situation, maybe if we stay up at the end of the season but not right now. Reid now, Barmby in the summer (if we're still up)

We need a motivator with just a little tactical nous, someone who has been there (at the wrong end of the table) and done it before (stayed up). This isn't about long term, its about making sure we are still in L1 come August, then we can make a long term and more measured appointment over the summer. Someone not afraid to play ugly. Not very exciting, but someone in the Russell Slade mould (not him as he has a job though)???

Agree has be just until end season and take it from there, we will have 40 odd applications and in that probably some you wouldn't expect to apply

In a relegation scrap its criminal not to be hard to beat and at the moment we are far from had to beat with the current set up as it is, it's naive away from home at 1-1 and getting overrun in midfield and with tiring players not to make a change and that's what pd did/didn't do yesterday

There was a Latics fan on 606 last night who was calling for PD to go. Obviously Savage jumped to Dickov's defence with his usual blind loyalty and saying how our budget is the 4th worst blah blah.......the Latics fan then comes back and corrects him by saying it was 12th or 13th best in the league which put Sav in his place. He was really holding his own and the when questioned who he wanted to replace Dickov he says................Paul Ince :petesake:

Steve Cotterill got a job yet? Doesn't stay in a job long before jumping ship but for right now he'd get us moving in the right direction.

Working as part of 'arry redknapps backroom staff

Edited by Gaz_Oafc

This. I'd be looking for someone experienced that isn't going to be worried about giving these set of wet cabbages a good bollocking that they need, at least till the end of the season, then see who's available in Summer. Peter Reid or Billy Davies (doubt he'd come here) strike me as the sort of person we need. I'm not sure about Brown for our current situation, maybe if we stay up at the end of the season but not right now. Reid now, Barmby in the summer (if we're still up)

Peter Reid no thanks seems to have had a history of getting teams relegated in the last few years his successful stints at manager came years ago at sundrland and Citeh and too long ago to fill mexwith confidence I'd rather go down the new and untested manager if Reid was our only option

Peter Reid no thanks seems to have had a history of getting teams relegated in the last few years his successful stints at manager came years ago at sundrland and Citeh and too long ago to fill mexwith confidence I'd rather go down the new and untested manager if Reid was our only option

Looked at Reidy's record on Wiki and the only black mark on his managerial record that I can see is his time at Plymouth and that was during their period in administration so no history of relegation.

Would be an excellent choice for me just as long as the assistant's role is a young prospect like Murray

Ok maybe not always getting teams relegated because he usually gets the sack with his team in or around the relegation places, happened at Sunderland, Leeds, Coventry, and Plymouth although at Leeds and Plymouth things went on beyond his control. Still his managerial record doesn't fill me with confidence.