Byrne on the bench?

He was excellent on the side of the pitch tbf.

Constantly talking to the back 5.

At one point, in a distinct advantage of having a coach as a sub; he was able to "warm up" and get up close to Tarky and JYM and give them a real talking to; not a bollocking; a coaching.

TP and PG were great too; Gerrard is the bad cop it seems to TP's good one. But it was good to see

Oh, also - well impressed with young Tarky today. Rate him anyway; but thought he was great today - especially as he was up against that :censored:-bag Alan Smith

Had him in his back pocket didn't he, was funny to see Smith try and bully him early on and then quickly work out that it wasn't going to work

Oh, also - well impressed with young Tarky today. Rate him anyway; but thought he was great today - especially as he was up against that :censored:-bag Alan Smith

No clangers. Stayed alert and bossed his zone. Good on the floor too.

If he cuts the switch-off moments out of his game he's got a career.

He was right on it throughout today. Impressed.

Had him in his back pocket didn't he, was funny to see Smith try and bully him early on and then quickly work out that it wasn't going to work

Yep, Tarky's a tough lad, good on the deck today also.

Byrne did a good job on the touchline, the team looked a real close nit bunch mates today, all backing each other up and sharing the battle.

Well done..

I didn't realise it was Alan Smith until he came off. He's let himself go - looks like a bloody tramp!

Someone near me was cheeky enough to shout "Frank Gallagher" at Smith. To be fair there was a certain likeness. Party !!!!

I never realised it was smith either. A friend of a friend has a farrari and when picking his up he saw Alan smith getting one. Cut a long story short the car salesman says he's had a few and he's a scruffy bastard. Doesn't look after them so I suppose going off that its not surprising.

Delighted for Tarky, have had my doubts but he is raw and with a run of games and work he will only get better, has leadership qualities that you cant teach

One game doesnt make him a world beater he is a good step in the right direction, I didnt go Saturday but did against Walsall when I thought Byrne had a mare

Maybe we have found in loop hole in having an extra player with Byrne helping out as a sub from the sideline