Season tickets

Was just curious if anyone had heard any more on the "special" offer for next year? Last rumour I heard was £200 pound plus vat and a home shirt? Seriously considering getting one next year as I've got the bug again this year I've been going 18 years but always picked my fixtures as I live in northwich Cheshire

Because it means people will have near enough £70 extra in their pockets when they purchase one, £10 a game, can't sniff at that.

I can do the maths thanks.

The way people are talking suggests that a 20%+ price cut will pay for itself though. That surprises me.

I hope it's right.

Puzzled that £240 is so much more attractive than £308.

But pleased it is.

Well aside from being significantly cheaper - 22% - I think the drop below the £300 mark makes it sound a lot cheaper when you initially hear/read it. Rather like things being charged at £9.99 for example. Throw in a shirt (valued around £40!) and you're effectively getting your ticket for £200 - a third off.

I'd take that up, I've probably spent that paying on the gate this year. Plus it would give me the right to complain because my Aunty Mabel can't sit next to me at next season's big cup games.

The way people are talking suggests that a 20%+ price cut will pay for itself though. That surprises me.

I hope it's right.

i agree, its certainly a good offer and will entise a few back but i wouldnt say its 'special' as corney said it would be. Not complaining like but dont think it will be a huge hit

For £240, which if my maths are right would be the cost with vat added, means that:

1.) You only have to see 12 games for it to become worth the money, which is very handy if you know you are only able to see weekend games.

2.) A free shirt, which is probably not all that much of a good deal as many will have one and the home shirt will only last a year longer.

3.) The vouchers for big games, which have been very useful in the past 2 seasons.

4.) Other extras like cheaper prices at the shop, ressies and pre-season friendly (but only if we aren't playing a big club).

Points 1+2+3+4 all make it a more attractive deal and better value for money.

It might mean that we loose a significant bit of the match day income throughout the season though, so will require careful budgeting and a team that doesn't need to buy players to help survival.

I hope it's right.

Good, well why you saying your puzzled that £240 is so much more attractive than £308? you don't need to be Carol Vorderman to understand that a ST that is £68 cheaper and works out at £10 per game is alot more attractive to people!

Good, well why you saying your puzzled that £240 is so much more attractive than £308? you don't need to be Carol Vorderman to understand that a ST that is £68 cheaper and works out at £10 per game is alot more attractive to people!

That's not what he's saying. He's saying that the aim of putting on such an offer is to increase uptake to a point that actually brings in more revenue for the club and he's not convinced (and nor am I) that the reduction is sufficient to create the required increase in the number of punters.

<insert inappropriate swear word of a personal nature>

My point is very much around the supply and demand curves and finding the optimum price to generate maximum income for Latics.

A 22% price cut generating a 10% increase in sales is not a particularly great outcome. But a 30% increase in sales.

I'm surprised a price cut of less than £3 a game is big enough to drive that extra demand that's needed. But I hope it is.

Merely speculating over where that optimum point is.

Edited by opinions4u

That's not what he's saying. He's saying that the aim of putting on such an offer is to increase uptake to a point that actually brings in more revenue for the club and he's not convinced (and nor am I) that the reduction is sufficient to create the required increase in the number of punters.

Have to agree, 68 quid wouldn't be a mind changer for me, 150 off current price would though.