ODD's - Huge swing over night in the manager odds

Bare in mind Iain Dowie has a contract with sky I think this latest twist is obvious to his employer he isnt going to take the job

http://www.skybet.com/football/specials/manager-specials

Sammy lee - 4/7

Iain Dowie - 11/4

Paul Scholes odds have come in again.....anything to do with him being left out of the past 2 United squads and isnt currently injured???

Reall do not want Sammy Lee, would rather have TP.

Not really a great guide. I doubt many are betting on it so even a few quid on Lee will shift his odds and in turn extend Dowie's to entice punters to bet on Dowie allowing Skybet to cover their bases.

National press have come out with odd comment overnight suggesting Dowie but its old news from local press.

If Dowie wanted this job it would be a done deal by now

Who says it isn't sealed but not being announced yet because SC doesn't want to detract on performance ahead of cup and more so take the gloss away from TP and undermine him?

Does no1 recall dowie jumping ship last time?

I remember it but couldn't really give a toss about it. He went to a better job which happens when you've performed well at your previous one (would be nice to have that problem again). Also, I'd care even less if was appointed and managed to keep us up. Having said that, I don't think he will be. I don't think salary/ contract length terms will be agreed.

Why wouldnt you want Dowie in charge for Everton...? Why wouldnt you want him having the maximum amount of time with the squad??

You want the focus to be on Everton, the players seem happy with TP and how things are going, to put a manager in charge now could disrupt preparations. I think if we lose, it might be better for the players to have the manager come in after the match to save us from a cup hangover.

Dowie was treated badly last time so this idea he jumped ship is just wrong!

In all this speculation you should read what Corney is reported to have said. Only Dowie contacted and no favourite. We have to wait for the return of our one amigo to see what the three have cooked up.

It is all very well being relaxed and taking your time but unless TP is going to be left in charge the new manager should already be working with these players.

You want the focus to be on Everton, the players seem happy with TP and how things are going, to put a manager in charge now could disrupt preparations. I think if we lose, it might be better for the players to have the manager come in after the match to save us from a cup hangover.

I'm not sure being a state of limbo in terms of the team manager is great for focus. I'd say appoint someone soon or give it to TP until the end of the season.

:lol:

what do you reckon to Dowie Bazza, naaa he's :censored: him, what about you Ian, yeah sack of :censored:, not proven.

Oh well, lets get Westley, he's quality, Eye Simon, yep, Im with Bazza, get him....

Edited by Lukers1