Connor Brown take a bow

Brown was immense. He defended well throughout but in the early stages I thought he looked a little nervous and keen to get rid of the ball quickly.

He grew more into the game as it went on and became an attacking threat too, linking up well with Crofty (who was also superb).

I really rated Wabara and was worried pre-game about Brown being targeted but on yesterday's showing, we'll be ok. Baines and Pienaar were kept quiet (barring one mazy Pienaar run and one-two through the middle).

And a small mention on Pienaar - what a horrible little man. Constant complaining and bemoaning the ref as well as a dive.

Edited by bossrocks

Noticed Byrne giving Tarky advice several times as he was 'warming up ' in the second half

Well done Cliff, Tarky was great yesterday

It seemed to really help us when Fellaini was pushed further up in the second half - put him into Tarky's area of the pitch and he kept him pretty quiet, think he's becoming a big player for us.

Was impressed with Connor Brown, he was quick into the challenge and covered well yesterday, more encouragingly was his challenging in the air, thought he was dodgy in that aspect of his game vs MK but won most headers yesterday.

Jonathan Grounds is a class act, fast becoming one of my favourites, quietly gets on with the game and is so composed on the ball that he's our main outlet from defence. Can't remember having such confidence in or left back for such a long time and contributes well to the attacking side of our game

Jonathan Grounds is a class act, fast becoming one of my favourites, quietly gets on with the game and is so composed on the ball that he's our main outlet from defence. Can't remember having such confidence in or left back for such a long time and contributes well to the attacking side of our game

Agreed, he actually reminds me of a left-sided Kieran Lee.

Agreed, he actually reminds me of a left-sided Kieran Lee.

been saying this for a while, he's as good a fullback as Lee.

i was surprised to see a thread about Brown because i didn't notice him especially but when you consider he was up against Leighton Baines and Steven Peinaar then fair play. give him the RB spot and he could be a decent player for us

Anyone think we still should have Reece Wabara at the club, thought he was outstanding today, all across the back we look a solid unit now.

I'd still argue that Wabara is and most likely will be a better player than Brown. In particular I'd say he's a better attacking full back and better in the air. However that is irrelevant as Brown is our player and Wabara never was. I think Brown has improved by the game and the one thing that really impresses me about him is that he is never scared to receive the ball. Also today he got left with one of their big lumps on a coupe of occasions when he shouldn't have been and he didn't let himself down.

I'd still argue that Wabara is and most likely will be a better player than Brown. In particular I'd say he's a better attacking full back and better in the air. However that is irrelevant as Brown is our player and Wabara never was. I think Brown has improved by the game and the one thing that really impresses me about him is that he is never scared to receive the ball. Also today he got left with one of their big lumps on a coupe of occasions when he shouldn't have been and he didn't let himself down.

There is no way wabara is better in the air than brown. Young Connor is far more tenacious too.

Wabara's vastly over rated

He reminds me off Daniel Jones loan spell with us.

There's a flair about him going forwards, but defensively he's well short of the mark. So many of the goals we conceded saw Wabara out of camera shot or wildly out of position.

That's not to say he's a poor footballer, he isn't. But I'm not convinced giving him a two week loan to let him play in a big game was fair to anybody.

No way will he make it at Man City.