Season Tickets

So I am looking at buying a season ticket next season. Does anyone else think there should be more than three catogories?

Maybe;

Adults (25 + years)

20-25 year olds

16-19

Kids

senior citizen?

I think we would attract more people in if they where cheaper. Thoughts?

Edit: even on match days it would be better if the price for 16-19 year olds was like £15

Edited by Lewis

No, as I turned 26 recently and would be extremely frustrated if they introduced a cheap ticket for 25 year olds!!!

And if someone hasn't learned to pay their own way in life by the time they're pushing 25 there's something seriously wrong. You're a grown man at that age. I was married with a kid by the time I was 25.

I'm all for student discounts etc, can't fault anyone for trying to better themselves by getting any education, but 25's taking the piss.

And if someone hasn't learned to pay their own way in life by the time they're pushing 25 there's something seriously wrong. You're a grown man at that age. I was married with a kid by the time I was 25.

I'm all for student discounts etc, can't fault anyone for trying to better themselves by getting any education, but 25's taking the piss.

Its not really that simple is it though. Do you read/watch the news? It's tough for young people trying to make their way in the world. I have no idea when you were 25, but I'd wager there was something of a different climate. If you managed to comfortably raise kids etc in similarly straitened financial times then you did very well.

I'm not saying I necessarily think the club should give a discount to young adults; I can't afford a ST because I pay rent etc but I'm not going to complain about it. However I think that saying "if someone hasn't learned to pay their own way in life by the time they're pushing 25 there's something seriously wrong." is ignorant and, frankly, somewhat insulting.

I think with a lot of non season ticket holders like myself the issue is not being able to attend every game, some sort of go-between would be perfect like the flexicard scheme that Bradford have. But I know for a fact the club have looked into such schemes and realised that it wouldn't quite work

Its not really that simple is it though. Do you read/watch the news? It's tough for young people trying to make their way in the world. I have no idea when you were 25, but I'd wager there was something of a different climate. If you managed to comfortably raise kids etc in similarly straitened financial times then you did very well.

I'm not saying I necessarily think the club should give a discount to young adults; I can't afford a ST because I pay rent etc but I'm not going to complain about it. However I think that saying "if someone hasn't learned to pay their own way in life by the time they're pushing 25 there's something seriously wrong." is ignorant and, frankly, somewhat insulting.

I have a 21 and a 22 year olds. they both have good jobs and pay their own way. the oldest gets married later this year. I or they see nothing insulting or ignorant with breaks views

I'm 38 Chris, so it wasn't that long ago, and i've got 3 kids now. I wasn't born into money and I haven't got a particularly fantastic job so i'm in the same boat as most. If I came accross as ignorant and / or insulting then I apologise. Genuinely. 25 just seems a very high cut off point for me. 21 perhaps but I feel 25 is too generous. After all Latics are trying to run a business, not a charity. It's only my opinion.

I think it's fairly obvious that people are in different circumstances, financially, professionally etc regardless of age so there's no point saying "well my Barry is 23 and..." or whatever. The club should do what it can to give all fans the best deal possible and we should want to ensure that the club is also getting the best deal it can, it's never gonna be perfect but it's good to talk and float ideas. Anyway, my Barry....

Its not that simple you're right. But you're inadvertently suggesting that a 26 year old (or a 36 year old) wouldn't have those problems! Most working 21-25 year olds I know have more disposable income than adults 10 years older who're more likely to have kids and a mortgage!

If you're in full time education, a discount is fair.

Its not that simple you're right. But you're inadvertently suggesting that a 26 year old (or a 36 year old) wouldn't have those problems! Most working 21-25 year olds I know have more disposable income than adults 10 years older who're more likely to have kids and a mortgage!

In my own ham fisted way that's pretty much what I meant, particularly the full time education bit. And I definately had more disposable income then, undoubtedly.

As a 32 year old, I know I have benefitted from being 10 years older than the 22 year olds today. Lots of hard working twenty somethings are struggling to pay their way because there isn't the jobs to pay them. Whether or not this should result in under 25's having cheaper season tickets I don't know, probably not if its not benefical to the club, but its certainly unfair to suggest that some under 25's haven't learned to pay their way.

That said, I have an 7 month old and a wife on maternity, a baby sitter/cheap ticket combo wouldn't go amiss.

I don't think 25 year olds should be getting discounted tickets. Where do you draw the line?.......28,30?........and what about 50 odd year olds who have lost their job and unlikely to find another that easily......should they qualify?

I'm all for swelling the fanbase, but you have to be realistic.

I'm 38 Chris, so it wasn't that long ago, and i've got 3 kids now. I wasn't born into money and I haven't got a particularly fantastic job so i'm in the same boat as most. If I came accross as ignorant and / or insulting then I apologise. Genuinely. 25 just seems a very high cut off point for me. 21 perhaps but I feel 25 is too generous. After all Latics are trying to run a business, not a charity. It's only my opinion.

You're both right there, everyone has their own individual set of circumstances, so there really isn't much point in comparing them. I think the insinuation (or possibly inference - in truth I probably mis-read the tone of your post) that anyone who can't afford a season ticket just isn't trying hard enough got my back up, wrongly or rightly.

As for 25 as a cut off I agree that its too high. If you're in full time employment but don't have the disposable income to afford a season ticket then you just have to cut your cloth accordingly and go without. That applies whether you're 22, 27 or 37. As you say Latics are a business, not a charity. At the risk of digressing I feel that as a country we're far too quick to start wailing and demanding hand outs rather than sucking it up and sorting ourselves out.

You're both right there, everyone has their own individual set of circumstances, so there really isn't much point in comparing them. I think the insinuation (or possibly inference - in truth I probably mis-read the tone of your post) that anyone who can't afford a season ticket just isn't trying hard enough got my back up, wrongly or rightly.

As for 25 as a cut off I agree that its too high. If you're in full time employment but don't have the disposable income to afford a season ticket then you just have to cut your cloth accordingly and go without. That applies whether you're 22, 27 or 37. As you say Latics are a business, not a charity. At the risk of digressing I feel that as a country we're far too quick to start wailing and demanding hand outs rather than sucking it up and sorting ourselves out.

So Chris, after all that, what you're actually saying is that you completely agree with me? :wink: