Cup Money

Cup money  

169 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like the cup money spent on?

• Stadium - New Stand
    • Stadium - Repairing
    • Extending Existing Contracts
    • Transfer Budget - 2013/14
    • Wage Budget - 2013/14
    • Training Facilities
    • Youth Team
    • Why bother thinking about it, it's already lost on keeping the club going

I'd like to see us keep key players, Croft and Furman spring to mind.

But I suspect Corney's given us as much as he's willing for Barnard, Iwelumo, Obita and Murray. If we're now only just in the black, I imagine he'd like to keep it that way.

Edited by bossrocks

Furman will definitely go to a Championship club and with our blessing, I don't think he'll break the bank to keep Smith either - especially as he'll probably be in demand. As for Croft I think he's taken the piss for most of the season given the shape he's been in. It's great to see him playing so well and in such fantastic shape, but it's no coincidence that his contract is shortly up for renewal/negotiation elsewhere and a few weeks ago I think he'd be suffering a distinct lack of voicemails from interested parties.

Cisak will go too for a nominal fee

I'd like to keep

M'Voto

Tarky

Brown

Winchester

Changy

Mellor

Taylor

Added to those still under contract

Byrne

Bouzy

Wes

Monty

And go from there, would definitely release Simpson, since getting his deal last January we've seen a few fleeting glimpses and he is undoubtedly an asset on his day but his days are few and far between.

What I would like to see in are

3 strikers, big lad, pace, workhorse

A Winger if Croft isn't interested - with pace (Obita full season?)

A box to box midfielder to replace Furball

A CB with pace

Anything else will be a bonus, go from there and we'll be ok - but yet again we're starting mostly from scratch - particularly up top. I would definitely like to keep Smithy but can't see it happening...

Furman will definitely go to a Championship club and with our blessing, I don't think he'll break the bank to keep Smith either - especially as he'll probably be in demand. As for Croft I think he's taken the piss for most of the season given the shape he's been in. It's great to see him playing so well and in such fantastic shape, but it's no coincidence that his contract is shortly up for renewal/negotiation elsewhere and a few weeks ago I think he'd be suffering a distinct lack of voicemails from interested parties.

Cisak will go too for a nominal fee

I'd like to keep

M'Voto

Tarky

Brown

Winchester

Changy

Mellor

Taylor

Added to those still under contract

Byrne

Bouzy

Wes

Monty

And go from there, would definitely release Simpson, since getting his deal last January we've seen a few fleeting glimpses and he is undoubtedly an asset on his day but his days are few and far between.

What I would like to see in are

3 strikers, big lad, pace, workhorse

A Winger if Croft isn't interested - with pace (Obita full season?)

A box to box midfielder to replace Furball

A CB with pace

Anything else will be a bonus, go from there and we'll be ok - but yet again we're starting mostly from scratch - particularly up top. I would definitely like to keep Smithy but can't see it happening...

I think Smith will show some loyalty and sign a new deal...... mind you, it will have to be for more than the reputed £400 a week quoted in the press last week.

What about Grounds who you haven't mentioned....isn't he still under contract for a further year?

We havent got anything left I bet, anything we have earnt along the way was already just going into the coffers dragging the bank balance back towards 0 rather than in the red. Its not like Corney has been saving this money seperately in a piggy bank and we can pull it all out at the end of the cup run and say oh look we have £1m or whatever the figure might have been. Its gone. Forget about the money and be grateful its contributed to keeping OAFC alive for another year +

We should buy Tony Philliskirk a spinny chair and a white cat should he become manager.

They were Alan Hardy's retirement present to take to his volcanic lair of leisure…..

Simon Corney's office is more like Arjen's office in Lethal Weapon 2 - just be aware that if summoned you are not standing on sheet plastic…….