Hudson linked with Latics

International management at any level, never mind U23 is a hell of a lot different to keeping a league 1 team out of relegation. Aside from a month coaching at Real (I doubt he'll have done much hands on work as Mourinho has his own team and is notorious for planning and attention to detail so doubt he'd trust this guy for a month with his team) a spell coaching at Newport is hardly credentials to base an appointment on. Plus, a lot of us haven't heard of him, I doubt the players will. If the players couldn't perform for Dickov, who they respected and loved (allegedly) what are they gonna do when this chap rocks up who non of them have heard of? Good to see Corney's looking but no thanks

International management at any level, never mind U23 is a hell of a lot different to keeping a league 1 team out of relegation. Aside from a month coaching at Real (I doubt he'll have done much hands on work as Mourinho has his own team and is notorious for planning and attention to detail so doubt he'd trust this guy for a month with his team) a spell coaching at Newport is hardly credentials to base an appointment on. Plus, a lot of us haven't heard of him, I doubt the players will. If the players couldn't perform for Dickov, who they respected and loved (allegedly) what are they gonna do when this chap rocks up who non of them have heard of? Good to see Corney's looking but no thanks

Newport County 1 April 2011- 28 September 2011 matches 19 won 6 drawn 5 lost 8 31.58%

Edited by BP1960

Plus, a lot of us haven't heard of him, I doubt the players will. If the players couldn't perform for Dickov, who they respected and loved (allegedly) what are they gonna do when this chap rocks up who non of them have heard of? Good to see Corney's looking but no thanks

So because most of us and the players have not heard of him he shouldn't be appointed (If we are actually interested in making him manager)?

So because most of us and the players have not heard of him he shouldn't be appointed (If we are actually interested in making him manager)?

No but with the way the players reacted to a manager they supposedly liked, how are they gonna react to someone pretty untested and never heard of? And do you want to trust a relative rookie in steering us away from relegation? If it was in summer once we were safe I wouldn't mind but I don't think hes what we need

Our history is full of managers with no previous experience, including the one most seem to want back and our greatest legend of all.

Yes, ideally we want someone with English League experience but if there's nobody suitable available then we have to consider taking a punt on someone.

I hadn't heard of Hudson either, but I'd be willing to interview anybody with a FIFA Pro Licence.

I was hoping this would be Mark tbh

I think I would have more confidence in him to be honest.

I think I will wait to see who is actually appointed.

We've had SAmmy Lee and now this fella.

None of whom could reasonably be described great calibre.

I donlt to subscribe to the theory he has a UEFA PRo lets take a look.

Thats needs to be done with experience.

We can all poiont to a Mourinho, but they are so few and far between.

I hope it is not true, I think SC is gret, but would be disappointed it was only the qualification and the interview he based his decision on, especially after taking this long.

Here is a list of UEFA PRo holders

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:UEFA_Pro_Licence_holders

Obviously there are good managers, but there are also the likes of George Burley, Mervyn Day, Nicky Law, and Sammy Lee, Steve McLaren, Geoff Pike, Bryan Robson, Steve Round, Dave Rushbury, Lawrie Sanchez, Paul Simpson, Nigel Spackman, Neil Thompson, autin Speight, DAve Watson, Adrian Whitbread, Peter Withe,

Going through the wiki list, Alan Irvine anyone?

Edited by singe

Yes

We are not in any position to appointment inexperience. If I've never heard of him he musnt have very much!

Edited by welshgaz

Our history is full of managers with no previous experience, including the one most seem to want back and our greatest legend of all.

Yes, ideally we want someone with English League experience but if there's nobody suitable available then we have to consider taking a punt on someone.

I hadn't heard of Hudson either, but I'd be willing to interview anybody with a FIFA Pro Licence.

Like Sammy Lee then. You might be in a moinority there.

It's fine bringing in someone who's inexperienced during the summer when he's got time to get to grips with the ins and outs of management before the season starts. But bringing in a rookie when we've got 15 games to save ourselves from relegation would be a massive gamble. And one not worth taking imo.

It's fine bringing in someone who's inexperienced during the summer when he's got time to get to grips with the ins and outs of management before the season starts. But bringing in a rookie when we've got 15 games to save ourselves from relegation would be a massive gamble. And one not worth taking imo.

That's a good point.

I suppose what I'm saying is we need to keep an open mind. Given our situation, if we can't appoint someone with the experience to give us a better chance of staying up than we have right now, I'd be happier to give the job to TP for the rest of the season, on the understanding that he then returns to leading the academy (IF TP is willing to do it, that is...).

This, that and what he said