Won't sleep tonight

Let's get a grip lads. It's a bonus anyone coming through the gates, and that's that. They can be wearing a Man U top, be born and bred in Shaw and even be Protestants for all I care, and I'm not even joking about the last two. I think Dave Og might have his own claims to having been a proper fan over the years, people shouldn't be too hasty to judge without knowing what is going on in someone else's life.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once we lose in this run stayaways will stayaway again, and all those that go to most games but were denied tickets cos they couldn't get to ticket office on specified times and by the time they got there the club that brings in 3000 on a sunny saturday afternoon if they're lucky sell up to 9k on a cold wet tuesday cos its prem opposition etc and miss it cos its sold out????

Agree, good to see em back, but would be nice to see em stay. Stating facts n whinging are different, we've seen it all before n lose real fans cos of it.

Sorry putting your quote in was a mistake, i only meant to reply to the original post. I always hit the pub Friday teatime, bit of a pre match ritual

Let's get a grip lads. It's a bonus anyone coming through the gates, and that's that. They can be wearing a Man U top, be born and bred in Shaw and even be Protestants for all I care, and I'm not even joking about the last two. I think Dave Og might have his own claims to having been a proper fan over the years, people shouldn't be too hasty to judge without knowing what is going on in someone else's life.

2 out of 3?? lol

Good point disjointed what people say on here won't impact totally on my decision but with homes games costing me over £70 with travel and ticket costs threads like this 'dont help'.

As leeslover said people on here don' know other peoples situation. I look at £70 on a home game versus 400 nappies for my daughter. In very tough times thats how some fans have to look at whether they go or not.

Thanks again O4U and I haven't lost the plot thank you. You are a very pleasant person aren't you.

If all fans were like you the club would have folded long ago.

Sorry for choosing my family to spend my money on rather than latics at this stage in my life.

Things may change in the future finance wise but at this point its bills and nappies for me.

Sorry about that.

Thanks again O4U and I haven't lost the plot thank you. You are a very pleasant person aren't you.

I'm a genuinely nice bloke.

I have no problem with people who don't attend games because they live on the other side of the country, are struggling financially, have found other things to do with their life etc.

I "lost" football for a decade to bring up three great kids. I needed the time and I needed the money for other priorities in life.

I think it's fabulous that Dave Og is coming back this weekend. I hope it gives him a buzz and rekindles some great memories from the past.

I reacted sharply to your post not because you're not attending games, but because there are dozens of threads of joy on this forum at the moment yet you manage to claim that some arsey comment in this one makes your return to BP less likely.

What a complete load of bollocks. You may have genuine reasons for not attending home games. But this thread is naff all to do with it.

Edited by opinions4u

This

Dave Og; much respect for your excitement. As I live in Australia, my first game in 13 years was against Donny on Boxing Day last year when we came over for Xmas. Up until that point, my Aussie wife couldnt understand the screaming and shouting at my laptop at stupid o'clock listening to Gordon and Roy over the years. Nor could she figure out how I could just talk to anyone on the street. Come Boxing day and watching me talking bollocks and laughing and joking with Latics fans that I didnt know from Adam at BP, she understood. At 5:49 last Sunday morning when Matt Smith's equaliser woke half the neighborhood, she actually joined in. It will always be in your blood Dave. Enjoy your day!

Sorry for choosing my family to spend my money on rather than latics at this stage in my life.

Things may change in the future finance wise but at this point its bills and nappies for me.

Sorry about that.

Just stating a fact, we all have kids,. and bills to pay. But surely even in these tough times if your heart and soul was in your football club you would not be sort of bragging about not going to a game all season.

Some people on here astound me ,

We all moan about our gates and wanting more people back through them etc etc,

As soon as one declares he is coming back some slag him off !!!!!

Do you really want them to stay away , keep gates as they are so the loyal few can say

"i was there until the end".

Morons !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I look at £70 on a home game versus 400 nappies for my daughter.

Geez.....how much :censored:ting does she do????? Sounds like you should buy her a pack of immodium AND get to Latics :)

Edited by otid

L1onheartNew - that is the greatest ever message board post for me. Bravo sir.

The moment Matt Smith nodded that ball in was the most exuberant of my life, since Neil Poynton at Wembley. Hearing it from a fellow latic's point of view from the other side of the world - that just sealed the deal for me. Amazing thought!

Bollocks to the rest of the pointless aggro on this thread.

OAFC KTF

My Dad is coming along today. 1st game for over 18months. Naff all to do with the voucher, all to do with the planets have allined / his recent usual Saturday commitments are happening and, tbf - we're in a good run of form.

Whether we like it or not, results and performances bring back some lapsed fans. Right or wrong; it does.

Its £20 into the club whatever the debate is though; and even with the cup run, the club still needs all the cash it can get.

That said - we're certain to lose and play :censored:e - he's a terrible football omen is my pops

My Dad is coming along today. 1st game for over 18months. Naff all to do with the voucher, all to do with the planets have allined / his recent usual Saturday commitments are happening and, tbf - we're in a good run of form.

Whether we like it or not, results and performances bring back some lapsed fans. Right or wrong; it does.

Its £20 into the club whatever the debate is though; and even with the cup run, the club still needs all the cash it can get.

That said - we're certain to lose and play :censored:e - he's a terrible football omen is my pops

If he is that bad an omen keep him away!(only joking). Im sure TP has the power to override any bad luck. Think today is the acid test after 2 wins this is a game we would have lost under PD