The importance of 3 points in next league game.

In my opinion, our next league result will sum up what's in store for the rest of the season.

Win, and we'll continue to soar away from the dogfight.

Draw, and it's nerves tested to the end when it could go either way.

Lose, and rot can set back in like the FA Cup run never happened and we're screwed.

Am I attaching to much importance to what happens next? I don't think I am, but would be interested in other thoughts on it.

This cup run has slightly helped banish my sickened feeling about the FA Cup since that goal years ago by that Welsh man.

But now I hope we can build on what we have achieved in the Cup - and not fall into a rot.

Is the next match really that crucial psychologically - or am I just haunted by ghosts of cup runs past?

Before tonight I'd have disagreed but after tonight's results it looks as though a defeat could make things snowball with our next few games.

Tranmere (A) - winnable but far from easy.

Hartlepool (H) - they've been resurgent in recent times.

Bournemouth (H) - lost their last 3 but have a very strong squad.

It does place extra pressure on us to at least not lose on Saturday. Not ideal when playing against 2nd in the league.

But the performances and results in the last 5 games have shown that we have it in us to beat all these sides, the squad just need to keep believing it!

Six points from the next six games is what I hope for. Nine points will be very good. March is going to be a problem - April is where salvation lies. Can't see us getting anything out of the next two. Hartlepool is a must win and then we need to find a win from either Bournemouth or Shrewsbury as Swindon away looks beyond us.

Wonder what Corney will do if I'm right? Should have had a new manager in post before now.

In my opinion, our next league result will sum up what's in store for the rest of the season.

Win, and we'll continue to soar away from the dogfight.

Draw, and it's nerves tested to the end when it could go either way.

Lose, and rot can set back in like the FA Cup run never happened and we're screwed.

Am I attaching to much importance to what happens next? I don't think I am, but would be interested in other thoughts on it.

This cup run has slightly helped banish my sickened feeling about the FA Cup since that goal years ago by that Welsh man.

But now I hope we can build on what we have achieved in the Cup - and not fall into a rot.

Is the next match really that crucial psychologically - or am I just haunted by ghosts of cup runs past?

As the next league game is home to Sheffield United, I think it is more about how we play now that the cup run is over.

It will not be an easy game - winnable yes but not easy - I would take a draw but more importantly a performance that shows a desire to stay in this league and build on the good form we have shown recently.

This is the perfect next game for me.

Probably the biggest away following we'll see all season, good atmosphere etc..

The players (shouldn't do, but) may have struggled to lift themselves in front of 3500/4000 after last night but hopefully won't do for this.

Edited by HarryBosch

Six points from the next six games is what I hope for. Nine points will be very good. March is going to be a problem - April is where salvation lies. Can't see us getting anything out of the next two. Hartlepool is a must win and then we need to find a win from either Bournemouth or Shrewsbury as Swindon away looks beyond us.

Wonder what Corney will do if I'm right? Should have had a new manager in post before now.

6 points from 18 is relegation form. If we only pick up 6 points then we're doomed.

The re-arranged fixture against Preston is a must win.

Guest Scratch2000uk

We have beat teams showing near relegation form, Stevenage, lost seven of the last eight. MKDons won one from eight (although drawn three ) and Portsmouth one win from twenty three.

I hope this so-called resurgence, includes better opposition

Rocky Road end full of away fans is rarely a good omen .Our back 5 have a tendency to fall apart .

In addition there is the come back down to earth from Tuesday & Sheff U in top form .

I will be surprised if we get a draw .......we were clueless against 10 men of Pompey for all of the second half.

Rocky Road end full of away fans is rarely a good omen .Our back 5 have a tendency to fall apart .

In addition there is the come back down to earth from Tuesday & Sheff U in top form .

I will be surprised if we get a draw .......we were clueless against 10 men of Pompey for all of the second half.

Leyton Orient had 20 shots against them in the last match (14 on target), get at them should be the message.