M'Voto

shame he'll be gone in the summer - had a great season and looks and plays the part now, rarely puts in too many errors as previous.

Need to build the team around him, Tarky, Brown, Grounds, Wes, Baxter, Montano, Croft, Smith - sadly think Mvoto along with others will be off and so the cycle goes again and we being with a new set of players.

Gets harder to identify with a team and 'feel' that it's Oldham - play well here, then bugger off seems to be the process be it moving on for £ or on a free, sad times

All the more reason to get Dowie in, someone with passion who can convince Jean and the other to stay and move us forward

Need to build the team around him, Tarky, Brown, Grounds, Wes, Baxter, Montano, Croft, Smith - sadly think Mvoto along with others will be off and so the cycle goes again and we being with a new set of players.

Gets harder to identify with a team and 'feel' that it's Oldham - play well here, then bugger off seems to be the process be it moving on for £ or on a free, sad times

I agree. Its a shame but we live from season to season.

I think the fantastic cup run (and the £1m+ we've made) presents a great opportunity. Presumably the reason we leave contract negotiation until the last minute (at which point our best players bugger off) is because we don't know how many STs we'll sell and therefore don't know our budget.

With the buzz around the club recently and the rumours of cheap STs, I think there's a real opportunity to grow our ST numbers. I noticed last night Everton have just announced their ST plans for next year. Unfortunately I suspect we'll leave ours until the last minute at which point the masses will have mostly forgotten about the Liverpool and Everton games. It'll only take a couple of league defeats for the doom and gloom to come back.

I'm not for one minute suggesting we cash in early and blow next season's ST money on extending a couple of contracts, but it could give us some real stability - I think the core of this squad has potential to do well in this league.

Edited by bossrocks

Before we go overboard about much of this squad lets not forget that they have got us into a relegation fight, they can't be that good can they. It's all about consistency this game and we won't get anywhere until we have a first team that will regularly get 7 or 8 out of 10 week in week out and not just on the odd albeit glorious occasion. The players must know this and hopefully will feel a responsibility for where we are despite the admiration we give them for a great cup run. There's a lot to do yet lads, get your heads down and get us out of this mess.