the more I think about this, the more sense it makes.

TP has pretty much the same players as PD did but still the same performances and results are coming through, yet when it was PD's team that was losing he got the blame, but now it's TP's team that's losing, the players are finally taking the blame in the eyes of the fans.

So I put it to you, was Paul Dickov really that bad? Or was it just the fact that the players don't care?

Guest Scratch2000uk

TP has pretty much the same players as PD did but still the same performances and results are coming through, yet when it was PD's team that was losing he got the blame, but now it's TP's team that's losing, the players are finally taking the blame in the eyes of the fans.

So I put it to you, was Paul Dickov really that bad? Or was it just the fact that the players don't care?

I think most of them couldn't give a :censored:, and seemingly both Dickov and Philly had/have trouble motivating them enough for them to actrually bust a gut. Said it already today, most of them wont be here next season so maybe we are expecting more than we are ever going to get out of them.

it may be Paul Dickov's team but it certainly is the not the same mentality is it? The mentality today was to just get through the 90 minutes and get off the field ASAP. There was no fight at all. Does it really need the manager to raise his voice at HT to get the best out of them. They all played like it was the last game of the season and relegation was no more! They need a rude awakening and it may be that the awakening they need is when the club is in League 2

No fight today - no pride. Rightly booed. TP laid it bare the players didnt feel the hurt, too many of them act big and not play big.

true I suppose, but I can't imagine the january signings were Dickov's idea as he knew he was already halfway out, they were probably Corney's decisions and the choice to extend on Obita was in the TP era.

The players really need to take a long hard look at themselves and realise that playing the way they have been won't get them anything better than what they've got here.

Take Keanu Marsh-Brown and Josh Parker for example, neither had the right attitude on (or off) the pitch and look where they are now! Marsh-Brown hasn't got a club and Parker's on non-contract terms at Oxford.

it may be Paul Dickov's team but it certainly is the not the same mentality is it? The mentality today was to just get through the 90 minutes and get off the field ASAP. There was no fight at all. Does it really need the manager to raise his voice at HT to get the best out of them. They all played like it was the last game of the season and relegation was no more! They need a rude awakening and it may be that the awakening they need is when the club is in League 2

No fight today - no pride. Rightly booed. TP laid it bare the players didnt feel the hurt, too many of them act big and not play big.

The first half had a pre-season friendly feel to it.

Dickov assembled this squad of players over his tenure. Apart from their obvious attribute of whether or not they were any good at football which you would take as a granted when scouting a player, you also need to take into account the character of the person you are buying. What has been abundantly clear this season is that while the talent of the side for the most part cannot be questioned (although maybe the club as a whole believes these players are better than they actually are), their desire to win and their application to get results can be. PD has on paper put together a decent league one side, but the character of the player he has signed is now coming to forefront.

So in short, yes PD is to blame for our current predicament. Once the rot sets in during a season, it is very hard to make a permenant change that will make much difference. This team has played badly for too long this season and its become a habit. The FA cup run, and some good performances against namely Preston and the Dongs have papered over the stark reality of this group of players. You can have all the ability in the world but if you lack the basic trait of desire and commitment to improve and win, your talent counts for nothing!

Dickov assembled this squad of players over his tenure. Apart from their obvious attribute of whether or not they were any good at football which you would take as a granted when scouting a player, you also need to take into account the character of the person you are buying. What has been abundantly clear this season is that while the talent of the side for the most part cannot be questioned (although maybe the club as a whole believes these players are better than they actually are), their desire to win and their application to get results can be. PD has on paper put together a decent league one side, but the character of the player he has signed is now coming to forefront.

So in short, yes PD is to blame for our current predicament. Once the rot sets in during a season, it is very hard to make a permenant change that will make much difference. This team has played badly for too long this season and its become a habit. The FA cup run, and some good performances against namely Preston and the Dongs have papered over the stark reality of this group of players. You can have all the ability in the world but if you lack the basic trait of desire and commitment to improve and win, your talent counts for nothing!

Fair point mate.

If Dickov had stayed, we wouldn't have picked up the nine points we have since he left and would, without doubt, be going down. He was booted out far too late and replacing him has taken far too long. Those two mistakes will be the primary reasons for our likely relegation.

Majority of these players wont be here season so what motivation do they have to keep us up?

Most people would want to win and do the decent thing, too many of these here dont give a toss

The sad thing is too get them motivated you may have to offer bounses to get them to want to stay up which is bang out of order and rewarding failures, this is what happens when you dont have players tied down to longer contracts and dont give a toss

As low as I think I could be at the moment

If Dickov had stayed, we wouldn't have picked up the nine points we have since he left and would, without doubt, be going down. He was booted out far too late and replacing him has taken far too long. Those two mistakes will be the primary reasons for our likely relegation.

Fingers cross its not to late for us, we need a win on Tuesday badly.

Majority of these players wont be here season so what motivation do they have to keep us up?

Most people would want to win and do the decent thing, too many of these here dont give a toss

The sad thing is too get them motivated you may have to offer bounses to get them to want to stay up which is bang out of order and rewarding failures, this is what happens when you dont have players tied down to longer contracts and dont give a toss

As low as I think I could be at the moment

Tuesday could put you even lower, despite all that is going on, a few others sat nearby and myself were planning our away visits for next season in division 4 (its how i remember it being called when we were last there). Accrington the home of Hollands pies, York for a great night out, Fleetwood for fish, it's inspiring I know.

Tuesday could put you even lower, despite all that is going on, a few others sat nearby and myself were planning our away visits for next season in division 4 (its how i remember it being called when we were last there). Accrington the home of Hollands pies, York for a great night out, Fleetwood for fish, it's inspiring I know.

Ditto. We'd have some cracking local ties if we went down - Rochdale, Bury, Fleetwood, Accrington, Bradford, York, Morecambe, Chesterfield.

Yep was thinking about next season, really enjoyed Kidderminster away in the cup could go there, Torquay, Exeter, Bristol Rovers, Cheltenham are all very local and good away games for me and the local derbys as mentioned above

Way the club is at the min it feels like if we do go this year then we will next, only a matter of time

Been in this league donkeys and only way we are exiting it is the way we wouldnt want to

Yep was thinking about next season, really enjoyed Kidderminster away in the cup could go there, Torquay, Exeter, Bristol Rovers, Cheltenham are all very local and good away games for me and the local derbys as mentioned above

Way the club is at the min it feels like if we do go this year then we will next, only a matter of time

Been in this league donkeys and only way we are exiting it is the way we wouldnt want to

If Kiddy get promoted would defo go back there. If only for the pies.

its good to see that for once we're taking positives from an unbelievably negative situation, if we go down, the away days are great!

away games are what its all about for me, whatever division we are in. I love the club and will still get a season ticket next season, call it blind faith.