New Manager vs Old

Have been using this philospphy ay work a bit.

But jst seen a bit that details The Aggregation of Marginal DEcay. Same concept in revers.

I think that sums up the Paul dickov era quite well, so lets hope that the LJ era builds on AMG

...which one have you been applying to your typing? :grin:

Dickov

Good points

. Good contacts

. Could attract decent players

. Passionate

. Tried hard

Bad points

. :censored:e tactician

. Always backed the players whenever they did :censored:

. Used to blame everyone else ie refs every time something went against us

. Employed GT and PB who were basically useless

. Played players out of position

Dickov told the Chron:

“I used to come out and tell everyone in the press how good the players were and how we should be pushing for the top half of the table.

“But deep down I knew that once suspensions and injuries kicked in we would struggle. So when we did struggle the fans would ask questions. If I get another job soon I will be a little bit more honest.”

On the face of it, it looks like PD era was unbelievably unprofessional towards players fitness. I put this down to discipline from the management. It would seem that PD and his back from staff just weren't tough enough or didn't have any ideas how to keep the playing staff focused. Now I know we're only x1 match into LJ's reign but he's already talking about so many different things to keep the players focused, 1-2-1 sessions, monitoring of Twitter etc and seems to have covered off everything you can think of.

The feeling I have though is the same from when PD started, it was very much excellent for the first 3-4 months under him, then it very slowly but surely went from bad to worse.

What are your thoughts on LJ vs PD??

Initially I'm v impressed.....

Really?

We doing this already?

After 1 match?

Dickov's first match we destroyed Tranmere away and even renamed the team "Galacdickov's" after that performance.

Lets judge in 12 months, not 1 match.

Remember the Galacdickov moments? Never get too carried away.

I am sure that LJ will have personal targets to achieve as a manager - short, medium and long term. But what do we think would be success for any manager at Oldham?

Short term - we want to stay up obviously. Would relegation mean that LJ has failed, or would we be willing to accept relegation and give him chance to build over the the summer to come back?

Medium term - if we stay up, then I suppose an improvement on league performance next year would be sufficient? If we don't, then I'd say a play-off position would be expected.

Long Term - I wonder if with our resources that promotion is a reasonable long term target? Perhaps a better target would be to be 'in with a shout' in 3 seasons might be a more realistic target. As long as we are competitive (top 8) then I think any manager is doing well. We are a League One side in terms of ground, fans, money. But I think we should be a decent League One side, that might get promoted at some stage, but would not say a manager had failed if we didn't.

Music last night was mint, they played seven nation army by white stripes at some point.

That was at half-time, perhaps in tribute to Karen, Jack White's Oldham-born wife, who may be a Latics fan. Or perhaps copying many other clubs, where it's played.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns