Today's Games

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you wouldn't swap positions would you?

if we were a point behind having played 2 more and only 7 to play I would be counting us amongst the dead men.

Crazy :censored: happens at this time of the season - mentality of the clubs at the top/bottom changes, go into games thinking they are must wins rather than must not loses.

Well you wouldn't swap positions would you?

if we were a point behind having played 2 more and only 7 to play I would be counting us amongst the dead men.

Of course not. It's now well and truly in our own hands. However, this is Latics don't forget, and we are more than capable of :censored:ing it up.

How many points out 21 do we think Scunny will get , doubt it will be more than 10. We would then need 9 points from 9 games , with superior goal difference .

People can worry if they wish , I a'int.

Until we are mathmatically safe I'm taking nothing for granted. However as it has been all season, its about what we do that matters. Would rather have the points on the board rather than the games in hand.

Until we are mathmatically safe I'm taking nothing for granted. However as it has been all season, its about what we do that matters. Would rather have the points on the board rather than the games in hand.

Same here , would take 4 points rather than 3 games in hand any day.

Having said that though when i looked at Scunny's remaining fixtures i thought - shine a light , glad we ain't got em.

If we had played and won today I'd have been very confident of us staying up, but even though we have a much better run-in than Scunthorpe we still need to win our games. Games in hand rarely count when you are at the bottom as you can't rely on any team down there to win.

Went to watch Swindon Vs Notts County with a mate today and it's pretty depressing to see a team like Notts County lacking in quality that a lot of our players have but are still challenging for the playoffs. Judge is good but the rest of them are just set up to play for draws. Saying that Swindon are very competent in possession and could easily have scored 3 or 4 today if it wasn't for the Notts 'keeper playing a blinder. If LJ manages to get us a win next week we'll know we have a good 'un!

How many points out 21 do we think Scunny will get , doubt it will be more than 10. We would then need 9 points from 9 games , with superior goal difference .

Only someone who hasn't been a supported for the past sixty years could come out with that comment.

I doubt our victory over Hartlepool , nice as it was , as put our new manager under any illusions as to the task still to do.

Hartlepool , top scorer has 4 goals and they have now not scored in 900 minutes.

Don't forget the Hartlepool manager got the most recent manager of the month award.

Be interesting to revisit the predictor league and see if anything has changed but i am still confident of staying up and i feel 50 points and our superior goal diff should be enough but as it's latics, i won't be happy until the maths takes care of itself!

I don't think Crystal Palace were worried when in the first season on the premier league they were 8 points clear, with only 3 games left to play for Oldham. It isn't over until we are mathematically safe ;

I have faith we will stay up. We always do. The side look like they have new belief. I watched them play against Hartlepool then watched them train. They seem very determined and revitalised under Lee Johnson.

The reaction to the 1st defeat will tell you a lot more about their attitude. Still the honeymoon period at present.

The reaction to the 1st defeat will tell you a lot more about their attitude. Still the honeymoon period at present.

Very true but we look a total different side. Team looks focused and ready to fight for the cause. Granted I've only seen one game and two training sessions under LJ.

Very true but we look a total different side. Team looks focused and ready to fight for the cause. Granted I've only seen one game and two training sessions under LJ.

It definitely sounds promising, it's also why I'm disappointed that today was called off as I feel a win would have given us a lot of confidence going to Swindon but now (unless it's rearranged this week) we go to Swindon with this positive momentum diminished.

It definitely sounds promising, it's also why I'm disappointed that today was called off as I feel a win would have given us a lot of confidence going to Swindon but now (unless it's rearranged this week) we go to Swindon with this positive momentum diminished.

Fully agree with what you say. Hopefully he can keep the player performing at optimum levels and take that in to the Swindon game. Swindon can be beaten, they are nout special. We just need to take the game to them.