Bury Football Club

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way a word of warning I went to Bury that night in 2002 when colluso got that late winner. I also remember a few Oldham fans taunting them about going bust look what happened to us 15 months I know banters all part and parcel of football but these things can come back and bite you on the arse it might happen to us again 1 day.

The spannerfaced nevilles could easily afford to help bury out, but I'm sure they won't. premiership greed is king of football thesedays. self interest is all that counts (including for some on this thread gloating/looking to pinch players etc).

think any of there fans would come to support us if they do cease to exist ??

Obviously this is not a fair representation of Bury fans, but I have been out drinking with one this evening, and he would rather rot in hell than support Oldham / Rochdale etc. Whether this is because Bury are still a going concern I do not know, one thing i do know is that there is no way I could support any other team than Oldham, but I am not averse to going to other matches but it just aint the same.

we should give them a right tonking tomorrow with the problems they have.

Theyre letting their better players leave for next to nothing too (joe skarz to rotherham for 5k). Stephen Schumacher anyone?

the days of us giving teams a good tonking don't happen anymore.

What the :censored: is football becoming? Just big business :censored:ing over small clubs.

Like it or not, the income of "small" clubs today is significantly higher in real terms than it was in the 1970s and 1980s.

There are too many lower league footballers on very, very good money.

Yes, the gap to the Premiership has increased exponentially, but that is by no means the primary issue creating problems for the likes of Bury.

Like it or not, the income of "small" clubs today is significantly higher in real terms than it was in the 1970s and 1980s.

Yes, the gap to the Premiership has increased exponentially, but that is by no means the primary issue creating problems for the likes of Bury.

What I meant was Premier League clubs have become such large businesses that they are able to rake in cash the fodder - lower league clubs - could only dream of having. There are huge signings going on whilst Bury can't even afford the keep on its last legs.

Don't they also get funding from FC United?

Edited by GuyGermanLatic

When youth team prem players are paid multiples of what league 1/2 players earn, and when prem teams have squads upon squads of players, they force the wage demands up at all levels.

You then have players who aren't good enough for the prem due to age, who would in the past have dropped down the leagues, boosting gates and skill levels - that rarely happens now as they'd rather retire and sit at home watching their investments.

No they wouldn't most Bury fans hate Bolton.

If their club ceases to exist, they will go to Bolton. Local and decent standard. Also cheaper than us!

I know a lot of Bury and Bolton fans, all of this same opinion.

Equally, not one of them "hate Bolton" and the majority support both teams in that area. So you're talking tosh I'm afraid!