pompey fans now own the club

PORTSMOUTH FC IS NOW OWNED BY THE PORTSMOUTH SUPPORTERS TRUST...ALL AGREED IN PRINCIPAL AFTER PORTPIN WAVED THE WHITE FLAG. PAPERWORK TO BE SIGNED AT 3PM ,, which means they will be out of admin ,but with -10 points i think?

Edited by boboafc

That is great news. We keep six points and Scunthorpe their 3. Just need to level peg them and keep our goal difference advantage.

The 10 points will not be deducted until either they get enough to stay up in which case they lose the ten and get relegated or if they get relegated they start next season on -10.

That is great news. We keep six points and Scunthorpe their 3. Just need to level peg them and keep our goal difference advantage.

The 10 points will not be deducted until either they get enough to stay up in which case they lose the ten and get relegated or if they get relegated they start next season on -10.

I didn't realise that they will lose the ten points next season if they get relegated "as normal" this season.....in other words, they have everything to play for to try and overhaul us to make sure the penalty is implemented now

I didn't realise that they will lose the ten points next season if they get relegated "as normal" this season.....in other words, they have everything to play for to try and overhaul us to make sure the penalty is implemented now

Yep, a loophole closed,after Leeds tried pulling a fast one by gettin their 10 points deducted when they were virtually relegated. They got relegated and got the -15 points next season for being smart arses. :D

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22167294

"With Pompey already relegated from League One, the penalty could be held over until next season, however, PST chairman Ashley Brown believes the points will be deducted immediately."

That doesn't seem fair...

It wouldn't be fair. They should be deducted next season.

They've been in administration before as well, so by rights it should be a 15 point deduction. They escape that as they weren't Football League members at the time.

"With Pompey already relegated from League One, the penalty could be held over until next season, however, PST chairman Ashley Brown believes the points will be deducted immediately."

That doesn't seem fair...

To be fair it's not the fans fault the past owners run the club badly and their the ones that own it now. I'd say give them a break.

To be fair it's not the fans fault the past owners run the club badly and their the ones that own it now. I'd say give them a break.

What about the fans of other football clubs who ran their businesses better? Don't they get a look in? Those knocked out of an FA Cup by an overspending side.

Why should Portsmouth be an exception to a rule that other fans have had to endure?

You could say that for every club who goes into administration.

Why should Portsmouth get the points deduction when it effects them least when others haven't, especially when they're repeat offenders?

Edited by JoeP

What about the fans of other football clubs who ran their businesses better? Don't they get a look in? Those knocked out of an FA Cup by an overspending side.

Why should Portsmouth be an exception to a rule that other fans have had to endure?

Agree with this.

I cant be other clubs problems, that some Pompey have been in problems. I like the idea with supporters owns the club, Swansea did the same thing when they were down in the divisions. Lets hope for more like this in the future, i dont care if we play PL or league 2 as long the prices are fair, and more and more ppl will come to the games. The dream would ofc be to like the clubs in Germany with the fans always will have 51% of the club in their hands.

10 points deducted this season.

The Football League seems to be making up rules as they go along.

So in effect the 10pt deduction has meant cock all, as repeat offenders they had to be seen to be punished.

As sorry as I feel for loyal Pompey fans, this is no deterrent to other clubs who like to bend the rules.

So in effect the 10pt deduction has meant cock all, as repeat offenders they had to be seen to be punished.

As sorry as I feel for loyal Pompey fans, this is no deterrent to other clubs who like to bend the rules.

I think I'm beginning to understand it.

They were deduced 10 points last season - and that was enough to relegate them. This seasons points deduction effectively relates to the same situation.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/footballleaguenews/20130420/portsmouth-exit-administration_2293334_3150287

Not totally convinced they should be screwed twice for what is, sort of, the same offence.