40 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • E
    • F

Hi all, me and a few friends are looking to design a flag to take to home and away games next season and are spoilt for choice with the ideas we've come up with. Anyway NewBlue suggested I do a poll to see what other fans think and would like to see at Oldham games. So here are your choices;

A.

oafcwillneverdie.jpg

B.

oafcwillneverdie2.jpg

C.

oafcwillneverdie3.jpg

D.

oafcwillneverdie4.jpg

E.

oafcwillneverdie5.jpg

F.

oafcwillneverdie6.jpg

Appreciate the help!

I think it's only fair to warn you that if you want someone to make the flag for you, that having a team crest on it will add a fortune to the cost due to image rights. The Glossop Latics flag I have cost £100 extra with the crest on and that was for an 8 footer

But if I had to choose I'd go with C personally, the last three are too similar to the OASIS one

Edited by Tommy_Fent

Back to the drawing board, I reck.

Quite like the blue and tangerine St. George's style though, but the badges are too numerous and the wording not right. Put what you represent on it - eg Athleticos, Rocky Rd Enders, Royton, Oldham, or the boozer you drink in.

Edited by Yard Dog

I think it's only fair to warn you that if you want someone to make the flag for you, that having a team crest on it will add a fortune to the cost due to image rights. The Glossop Latics flag I have cost £100 extra with the crest on and that was for an 8 footer

But if I had to choose I'd go with C personally

really? will have a look at costs then..

But if I had to choose I'd go with C personally, the last three are too similar to the OASIS one

If that's the case the badges will have to be replaced with text saying 'oldest', 'quite old', 'relatively recent' and 'new'.

Tom is spot on that the cost of your designs are likely to be prohibitive. You are looking at a ton per badge on top of the base cost of the flag.

I would highly recommend Barmy Flags in Greenfield. The quality is absolutely top notch and the service we got from them when the Ernieflag was stolen was superb. They usually do a good deal for Latics fans too.

You need to give careful consideration to what size you want. You need something big enough to be seen but if you go too big it restricts where you can take it and can become a pain to carry. There's usually plenty of space at Latics games though. It is more England games when I'm glad it's not too big.

Ignoring the cost issue I would say that as simple a design as possible tends to work best. I love your multi-badge designs but would imagine that they would be difficult to make out from the opposite end of the ground or on TV. If you have small letters as in some of your designs there is no way you would be able to read them.

Hope you manage to get something sorted. Always good to see plenty of Latics flags.

Tom is spot on that the cost of your designs are likely to be prohibitive. You are looking at a ton per badge on top of the base cost of the flag.

I would highly recommend Barmy Flags in Greenfield. The quality is absolutely top notch and the service we got from them when the Ernieflag was stolen was superb. They usually do a good deal for Latics fans too.

You need to give careful consideration to what size you want. You need something big enough to be seen but if you go too big it restricts where you can take it and can become a pain to carry. There's usually plenty of space at Latics games though. It is more England games when I'm glad it's not too big.

Ignoring the cost issue I would say that as simple a design as possible tends to work best. I love your multi-badge designs but would imagine that they would be difficult to make out from the opposite end of the ground or on TV. If you have small letters as in some of your designs there is no way you would be able to read them.

Hope you manage to get something sorted. Always good to see plenty of Latics flags.

Cheers mate, will consider it, was looking at going with the guy that did Andy Husky's flag (the one that's in the Chaddy End every home game) but will look at Barmy Flags too though and reconsider designs.

HOWEVER, I will not be including a St.Pauli flag or Hammer & Sickle.

I've talked about getting a flag for years:

OAFC - BORN TO MOAN

OR

OAFC - GUTTED

Blue at the top and bottom, white stripe through the middle. Badge in the Centre.

It's the carrying it to away games that has always put me off