Robbie Simpson

For all the grief he has taken over the last few games, I thought he was excellent last night with his work rate and tracking back. Crofts performance and effort overshadowed the hard work done by Mellor, Smith and Simpson. Felt we defended as a unit and attacked as a unit. Maybe giving him the armband wasnt such a bad idea after all.

I also thought Smith showed his class last night with his composure on the ball in tight situations and the 'right footer helping the right side, left footer helping the left side' really worked for us, as we had 3 players covering the ball when Yeovil came forward on either flank.

For all his effort i still feel he lacked quality when in good positions, clearly brought on by lack of confidence. Just looks like a player who knows hes off somewhre else to me. Thought Mellor was fantastic, what a great left peg that lad posseses and millar a threat again, could the future actually be bright ? If Korey was our player id say it could be bright, such a calming influence on the ball for a young lad

Simmo is frustrating as I would have chucked him out the door three weeks ago as a waste of a shirt. Talent yes..inconsistency yes ..CAN be brilliant yes....but funny how when he needs a contract the game is upped. In fairness house move etc dont help. Agree Baxter and Simmo to similar in position. Humble pie from me re last nights effort.

Where has Simpson moved house to?

Not sure think it was still Leeds sort of area, just know he was tweeting about a move earlier in season and moaning about the M62/627 getting to training.

Where has Simpson moved house to?

Think he has moved from Leeds to somewhere in Mcr, possibly near Salford quays or Victoria.

A fit and confident Robbie Simpson is worth keeping faith in. I hope Lee Johnson and our fans do so, as he's a class act when he's on form and you don't get many class acts in league one. Not for free anyway

I suspect his wage makes him significantly more expensive than free.

I think I would only try and keep robbie if we are planning in selling Baxter. If we are keeping Baxter then I'd get rid.

Like many have said, Robbie's best position is behind the striker and unfortunately for him, Baxter is better! So in my opinion it's to big of a wage to have as a back up.

I think I would only try and keep robbie if we are planning in selling Baxter. If we are keeping Baxter then I'd get rid.

Like many have said, Robbie's best position is behind the striker and unfortunately for him, Baxter is better! So in my opinion it's to big of a wage to have as a back up.

Corney would probably like to sell Baxter but why would any club pay circa 500k when they could have had him for nowt in January?

Incidentally, don't be surprised if Simpson is here next season.

It's always worth listening to manager comments. Although whether these are intended to achieve short term motivation of a player or express a more meaningful view is sometimes difficult to decipher.

I think Simpson is a talented footballer. I think we've utilised him dreadfully this season by making him a target man and lumping it long to him; his strengths are with the ball at his feet. But he has been a massive disappointment this season in just about every respect.

Value for wage is what leads me to think we should move him on. I don't see the big fee coming for Baxter this Summer (if somebody wanted him that much they'd have signed him for free in January) so I think José is staying.

But if the manager can see the positives Simpson brings to the show and bring them to the fore that's fine by me.

The real Robbie Simpson's a decent player. Maybe he'll be the one that turns up next season.

Edited by opinions4u

Not sure think it was still Leeds sort of area, just know he was tweeting about a move earlier in season and moaning about the M62/627 getting to training.

I think his mum passed away or is very poorly, suffered depression and has taken its toll.. Lee Johnson has done a masterstroke by making him captain and giving him praise in the press.. This is just what Simmo needs, I have a feeling that if he plays today he will be MOM