Jose Baxter super shooter

Matt Smith pre match shooting practice - 25 attempts 25 off target.

Matt Smith actual match - 1 attempt 1 on target.

I suppose it it proves the old adage, practice makes perfect.

Credit though to Chris Iwelumo for introducing this feature instead of the usual pre match ambling about, if it encouraged Matt Smith to shoot from outside the penalty area it reaped rich dividends.

Edited by BP1960

Felt obliged to post this: http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/DivisionalShooting/0,,10794~201225,00.html

Jose - third most shots in the league. Hit the woodwork 13 times - double that of any other player. Are we going to keep this guy next year?

When you consider that Baxter didn't play for us until early October he would have been out on his own at the top of those stats...... the fact that our next player in that list is Barnard (who only signed in February) tells us where our deficiencies have been this season!!!

Matt Smith pre match shooting practice - 25 attempts 25 off target.

Matt Smith actual match - 1 attempt 1 on target.

I suppose it it proves the old adage, practice makes perfect.

Apart from the header over the bar from a great Mellor cross.

On a slight aside.. our discipline record doesn't look too clever.

That'll partly be due to our lack of fitness throughout the season, not a match for the opposition leading to frustration and more cynical challenges. I expect this will reduce significantly next season.

That'll partly be due to our lack of fitness throughout the season, not a match for the opposition leading to frustration and more cynical challenges. I expect this will reduce significantly next season.

Compare our discipline record with clipboard boy and tea man with the record after they left, just on a quick glance it looks like a significant difference.