Jose Baxter: I get it now

I've posted a couple of times on here questioning whether or not Jose Baxter is as good as we think he is. I have felt for much of the season that he is our most over hyped player since Neal Eardley.

But I get it now after yesterday's cameo appearance, he is one of the very few that is prepared to not panic, get the ball down and look for a blue shirt to pass to. And also his vision is clearly better than anything we have.

I just hope we can hang on to him over the summer and we can sort that god awful bobbly pitch out, so he and the other players can concentrate on the killer pass rather than controlling the ball.

Two reasons:

1. He will try to do too much himself.

2. The other players have let him do everything and not taken responsibility for their own contributions to the game.

This sums it up for me - get some better players around him and he will have an even greater impact on the game. Definitely the best talent we have at the club by a country mile (whatever one of those is...) :smoking:

The way he brought the ball down and in the same motion put simmo who had his shot saved through was immence, that was worth my entrance fee

This for me. It was one of his first touches of the ball after he came on. On a day where all players were struggling to control the ball on the poor surface, JB brought it down beautifully and played Simmo in. The bit of quality we'd been lacking all game

Baxter is our highest goal scorer so must have contributed to the team staying up. Smith has weighed in late on with some crucial goals too.

JB is a great player that I hope we keep. The type / quality of player at this level you build a team around.

If he goes in the summer to a higher division / higher paying club. Fine. We will get something for him £-wise, which we had no right to expect when he was out of contract.