Another reduced budget next season according to the Chron

And the full list of those out of contract, those with options and those under contract.

Not sure how much more the budget can be reduced?

The last three seasons we've gone into the season with half a team, and without a recognised striker (i'm not counting Feeney FFS!) so looks like more of the same, I really do hope Johnson can polish a turd as if we are reducing the budget then we can kiss goodbye to JYM and Croft I reckon...

http://www.oldham-ch...38/raring-to-go

I really don't think I have the appetite to watch a team on 1 year deals, short-term contracts and loanees again.

Not what the fans need to hear when we are weighing up whether to get STs next season and BEFORE the prices have even been released….

OUT OF CONTRACT:

Dean Bouzanis

Jean-Yves Mvoto

James Tarkowski

Lee Croft

Dean Furman

Robbie Simpson

Matt Smith

Cliff Byrne

Paul Murray

Kirk Millar

Connor Hughes

Liam Jacob

Carl Winchester

David Mellor

Alex Cisak *

Connor Brown *

Dan Taylor *

Glenn Belezika *

* = option for a further 12 months

UNDER CONTRACT:

Jonathan Grounds

James Wesolowski

Cristian Montano

Jose Baxter

Edited by oafcprozac

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't think I have the appetite to watch a team on 1 year deals, short-term contracts and loanees again.

This is one of the biggest reasons for alot of fans giving up I reckon. I am sick of players with no affiliation with the club.

Port Vale chairman on SSN t'other night boasting of how they will have one of the top-six league 1 budgets for next season.

Its no wonder we're getting left behind. If Corneys as excited as he says he is, about having a manager who he rates so highly, then he has to find the money to back him accordingly. None of this times are hard, no money :censored:e we get every pre-season.

I don't blame Corney for reducing the budget. The amount of people stumping up the cash to go and watch the team/buy crap in the shop is shrinking, vicious circle but the one who pays the piper calls the tune. Until things get better, 365 a year income or a miracle happens we have to cut our cloth according to our means. I'd rather watch us being :censored: than not watch us at all.

OUT OF CONTRACT:

Dean Bouzanis - Keep

Jean-Yves Mvoto - Will Walk

James Tarkowski - Keep

Lee Croft - Will Walk

Dean Furman - Walked

Robbie Simpson - Release

Matt Smith - Goner

Cliff Byrne - Made of Biscuits, Scunny want him as manager

Paul Murray - ???

Kirk Millar - Jury's out

Connor Hughes - release

Liam Jacob - Release with Simpson coming through

Carl Winchester - Release, doesn't want it by all accounts. Sad to hear

David Mellor - Keep

Alex Cisak * - release

Connor Brown * - Keep

Dan Taylor * - Jury's out

Glenn Belezika * Keep

UNDER CONTRACT:

Jonathan Grounds - keep

James Wesolowski - If we can sell on

Cristian Montano - keep

Jose Baxter - keep

UNDER CONTRACT:

Jonathan Grounds

James Wesolowski

Cristian Montano

Jose Baxter

On the upside I'm glad we have those 4 under contract and to build the team around. Montano looked a great prospect at the start of the season, hopefully with a good pre season he can become a major asset.

I'd like to add to that Tarky, Mvoto, Smith, Belezika, Millar, Bouzanis, Winchester, Mellor of which I'd only expect decent money to be offered to Mvoto, Smith and Bouzy. there should be some money to play with from the rest going or being kept on favourable terms. I'm assuming Byrne and Murray will stay on but help make up the backroom team.

Edited by LeylandLatic

"With a new stand to pay for and a troubling financial climate, even the lucrative televised FA Cup run hasn’t prevented a tightening of the purse strings."

Wasnt the new stand on the cards without the unexepected windfall of the cup run..

I really was expecting a moderate increase in budget this year to reflect the bonus income, seems not and again my enthusiasm for the next season is hit for six.

I don't blame Corney for reducing the budget. The amount of people stumping up the cash to go and watch the team/buy crap in the shop is shrinking, vicious circle but the one who pays the piper calls the tune. Until things get better, 365 a year income or a miracle happens we have to cut our cloth according to our means. I'd rather watch us being :censored: than not watch us at all.

If the club shop was better stocked and open more I imagine it would do alot more business.

OUT OF CONTRACT:

Dean Bouzanis - Keep

Jean-Yves Mvoto - Will Walk

James Tarkowski - Keep

Lee Croft - Will Walk

Dean Furman - Walked

Robbie Simpson - Release

Matt Smith - Goner

Cliff Byrne - Made of Biscuits, Scunny want him as manager

Paul Murray - ???

Kirk Millar - Jury's out

Connor Hughes - release

Liam Jacob - Release with Simpson coming through

Carl Winchester - Release, doesn't want it by all accounts. Sad to hear

David Mellor - Keep

Alex Cisak * - release

Connor Brown * - Keep

Dan Taylor * - Jury's out

Glenn Belezika * Keep

UNDER CONTRACT:

Jonathan Grounds - keep

James Wesolowski - If we can sell on

Cristian Montano - keep

Jose Baxter - keep

For me I would keep the younger players unless they are demanding silly wages.

If this is true im gutted. we have a real opportunity to push on and build next season. a slight increase in budget would see us in the top 12 i reckon. with the gaffer we have it really could be one hell of a season. a reduced budget sees us waving the white flag. we have survived by the skin of our teeth this year. what do we expect next season?

Corney sees Yeovil, Walsall, Tranmere and Leyton Orient and sees that as the norm rather than the exception. What he is in denial about is 3 out those 4 have built their team over 2 or 3 years. We simply cut the budget and start again every year, that ends in only one outcome - relegation.

Some hard thinking to do over the next few weeks, the cup run helped divert attention away from a dire season on a par with Ritchie's first year. I though there would be a slight increase on the back of the new stand being built but know the club follows the same pattern it has for the last 20 years since relegation from the Premier League, yes live within our means but another budget cut? Come off it!

I'd imagine most other clubs are trimming budgets as well so it's all relative. Also, given we are about to start negotiations with players and agents, I'm not sure how wise it would be to announce that we'll be looking to increase our wage bill next season. As long as LJ is optimistic that he'll be able to get together the type of squad he'd like and it includes a sprinkling of players that we've developed ourselves, I'm happy.

It's time that Corney sort investment from others if he really needs to prune down yet again. Pruning as got as exactly where?

Another season like last will see crowds of sub 3000 week in week out. After last season we'll struggle to get 3500 as it is with many having seen the season out will call it a day. Until things out on the pitch improve.

It's time that Corney sort investment from others if he really needs to prune down yet again. Pruning as got as exactly where?

Another season like last will see crowds of sub 3000 week in week out. After last season we'll struggle to get 3500 as it is with many having seen the season out will call it a day. Until things out on the pitch improve.

I was looking forward to next season with renewed vigour Lags, Cup Run still fresh, young hungry manager that has kept a team of slackers and under-achievers up, new stand in the offing and a whole summer to look forward to. Nope another :censored:-sandwich is thrown into the mix…… tbh i'm no longer feeling particularly hungry for the Latics buffet….

If this is true im gutted. we have a real opportunity to push on and build next season. a slight increase in budget would see us in the top 12 i reckon. with the gaffer we have it really could be one hell of a season. a reduced budget sees us waving the white flag. we have survived by the skin of our teeth this year. what do we expect next season?

Very :censored: similar. If Corney wants to know why the players are supposedly under performing he should stick a mirror up in the board meetings and look at that.

The players made him a relatively decent profit this season. He is going to put some of them on the dole. No one likes it when their mates get their P45 he is doing it to a lot of them.

As for paying for the new stand, that is utter bollocks, if we needed this season's profit making to pay for it, then I'm not sure it should have planning permission approved for it.

I love how he can know that the budget is getting reduced before we even know who we are playing next season. I'd fully expect Bristol City to bring more fans than Brentford etc.

Furthermore, I've not even gotten to season ticket prices yet.

I was looking forward to next season with renewed vigour Lags, Cup Run still fresh, young hungry manager that has kept a team of slackers and under-achievers up, new stand in the offing and a whole summer to look forward to. Nope another :censored:-sandwich is thrown into the mix…… tbh i'm no longer feeling particularly hungry for the Latics buffet….

It took you less than a week to go from 'cant wait' to 'not really hungry' lol! All as I can say is that if LJ is happy with the budget given to him by SC then hang on to the bit of faith that is there and let's see who he brings in and which players are going to stay. There isn't much else to hang onto I know...

LJ is a rookie manager, he will soon realise like Dickov did that once agents become involved and the lack of what you can offer is becoming apparent - you find yourself sweating over the last few names on your list and on deadline day at that - after you've started another season playing catch up….