So we are waiting to hear from...

New Contracts offered: David Mellor, Kirk miller, James Tarkowski, Carl Winchester. Current Discussions: Alex Cisak, Lee Croft, Mvoto, Matt Smith. Our Current squad looks like this: Jonathan Grounds, James Weslowski, Cristian Montano, Glenn Belezika, Cliff Byrne and connor brown, Jose Baxter whilst Joe Cooper, Danny Gosset, Chris Sutherland and Luke Simpson have signed pro contracts: Total in squad: 10 (1 Gk, 6 Def, 3 mid, 1 ST)

Edited by ZiggaZaggaAthletic

You would say that all off the ones that have been offered will accept. However, I have heard rumours that Millar isn't happy with the contract he has been offered and is going back to Ireland, I don't know we will have to see, we have probably made him a better offer.

Then you would have to say that all the ones that we are in discussion with may possibly leave. None of them are a sure thing so lets hope!

Don't think Cisak will stay either, not sure. Don't want him as number 1 either really, need another keeper brining in and have some competition between the two

Millar wouldn't find another club willing to pay better money, LJ has seen potential and would have made him an offer based on market value.. If what your saying is correct, if Kirk leaves he will end up semi pro for Portadown.

Millar wouldn't find another club willing to pay better money, LJ has seen potential and would have made him an offer based on market value.. If what your saying is correct, if Kirk leaves he will end up semi pro for Portadown.

I'm not saying that he will definitely leave, but he's friend of a friend etc and lives in my area and so does his girlfriend and I've heard rumours that he isn't happy with the current contract offered. May sign it in the end or get a better one with Latics but we'll see

New Contracts offered: David Mellor, Kirk miller, James Tarkowski, Carl Winchester. Current Discussions: Alex Cisak, Lee Croft, Mvoto, Matt Smith. Our Current squad looks like this: Jonathan Grounds, James Weslowski, Cristian Montano, Glenn Belezika, Cliff Byrne and connor brown, Jose Baxter whilst Joe Cooper, Danny Gosset, Chris Sutherland and Luke Simpson have signed pro contracts: Total in squad: 10 (1 Gk, 6 Def, 3 mid, 1 ST)

Source?

They are semi pro, and it's Northern Ireland!

Correct, David Miskelly and Ryan Burns are currently with Portadown. Alan Blayney is with Linfield as is Matthew Tipton. Lee Duxbury also ended his played over here for Glenavon.

It says something if semi-pro Irish football are offering more money than we are.

Don't think they are to be honest you are talking a few hundred quid a week at most.

He'd be stupid to go to Ireland. IIRC, they're semi pro over in that league?

If i were him; i'd sign on again to work under LJ - a manager who clearly sees something in him

It's easy to say that when you don't know what's on offer. Knowing SC, he'll have been offered a pretty low wage and it could be a better option IS to play semi-pro in Ireland, be around his family and start a career in something else that's going to be more fruitful than a lower-league benchwarmer here.

It's easy to lose sight of him being a young lad who's away from his family.

It's easy to say that when you don't know what's on offer. Knowing SC, he'll have been offered a pretty low wage and it could be a better option IS to play semi-pro in Ireland, be around his family and start a career in something else that's going to be more fruitful than a lower-league benchwarmer here.

It's easy to lose sight of him being a young lad who's away from his family.

Exactly.

It's often forgettable that Ernie Cooksey and possibly Dean Kelly took pay-cuts to play F/T for us. Doing a job that pays £20k a year and earning £50 every weekend for 9 months to play football is worth more than playing football for £400 pw for 52 weeks. The issue becomes keeping or getting a job that pays £20k a year, but there are ways for that to become easier and Millar et. al. might be able to rely on some of those ways.

He's probably desperate to see his folks and spend a bit of time back home, my sign or :censored: off ultimatum for Kirk was tongue in cheek as I think he will be desperate to stay - judging by his late season performances. Hopefully he can continue to progress as he has the one thing we lack - pace

........and a very decent touch; ability on the ball and delivery with his right foot.

Who'd have thunk it eh?

In his very limited cameos under Penney; then Dickov - I just thought he was a young lad who had a big heart, tried hard but ultimately wasnt up to it.

Under LJ - well, there looks to me to be a very, ery decent League One forward in development.

Personally, I think he'd be stupid to turn down the offer we've tabled.

1 more season of development with us, on par with that shown of the last 6/8 weeks and he will have his pick of better deals to choose from IMO.

If you'd have told me in January that one of the players i'd be hoping will sign a new deal would be Kirk Millar, I think i'd have laughed. But I do. i hope he signs on the dotted line again, and continues to progress.

Read that Millar girlfriend is pregnent i guessing he will want to be playing at a highest level he can i doubt there be many offers flooding in same with Winchester. Luke Simpson the interesting one he got injured while training with Everton who where looking at him.