The Donkey Sanctuary - 2012/13 season

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Furman is morally suspect, but Donkey? Not nearly as bad as some we've seen this season.

I nominate Iwelumo, who's showing at Swindon was by far the worst performance I've seen from a Latics player for many, many years - possibly for ever.

*I agree with Mr Tulsehill* rights to repeat this statement are strictly controlled. Furman disappointed relative to what he is capable of, but in a team where everyone else did as well. Iwelumo showed glimpses of class at first, and I believe has a great attitude and will be a coach/manager soon, but by :censored: he needs to retire as a player.

Furman is morally suspect, but Donkey? Not nearly as bad as some we've seen this season.

I nominate Iwelumo, who's showing at Swindon was by far the worst performance I've seen from a Latics player for many, many years - possibly for ever.

Agree.

But I think that overall the level of donkey-ness this season is not a par on previous ones. Not too bad overall IMO

All of them with exception Baxter and Big Jean.

All had ability but :censored: all application. Should all offer a refund to ST holders but as usual they get paid well then :censored: off to the next pay cheque despite severely under-performing.

If I delivered on par to them in my job, I wouldn't have been in my job for long but their incomes secure.

Muggers and bandits the lot of them!

Sorry, should have included Matt Smith in exception list. Totally mismanaged and wasted on bench. When he came on, he came up with the goods. 'Nuff said

Furman however.... Captain who led by example... into a relegation battle. Piss poor, went hiding all the time and totally ineffective. Claims that his move was best for all parties... yeah for you because you didn't have the guts for the fight... arguably for us because you was off the wage bill and a loanee came in and was 100% better than our "captain". A first class :censored: and League One John Terry with his pumping of fists when Doncaster got promotion.

But Big Chris contributed with constant encouragement to younger players throughout his stay. Furman for me or "Mr Crab" as he should be known can he run forwards?

Captains lead by example and dont jump ship. Simmo however has been found out. A legend in his own twitter world.

Donkey means absolutely shocking at football, not underperforming or disloyal. The big man can't win a header, traps it further than most can kick it, has the turning circle of an oil tanker, can't pass it to a blue or tangerine shirt unless the opposition happen to be wearing blue or tangerine, can't get close enough to opposition defenders even to foul them, needs to consult SATNAV to find the goal and even then can't find it, has no pace, is guileless, and is demonstrably out of his depth in the shallow end of League 1. Any :censored:er can gee the lads up from the sidelines, but it can't mask the fact that their true calling is getting sat on by bored kids on Blackpool beach.

Other than the clueless incumbents who didnt for best part of two seasons. You could argue Furman is shocking at football and Iwelumo was a loanee so doesnt qualify for me.

Geeing from the sidelines is irrelevant to any donkey debate. It's only recently that Furman has come in for supposedly ability-based criticism.

Donkey means absolutely shocking at football, not underperforming or disloyal. The big man can't win a header, traps it further than most can kick it, has the turning circle of an oil tanker, can't pass it to a blue or tangerine shirt unless the opposition happen to be wearing blue or tangerine, can't get close enough to opposition defenders even to foul them, needs to consult SATNAV to find the goal and even then can't find it, has no pace, is guileless, and is demonstrably out of his depth in the shallow end of League 1. Any :censored:er can gee the lads up from the sidelines, but it can't mask the fact that their true calling is getting sat on by bored kids on Blackpool beach.

Agree with this.If the question was under performer or biggest disappointment of the season then take your pick from every one of the squad bar maybe Baxter,Grounds,Croft and M'Voto.

Furman,Simpson,Wes,Montaño,Tarky,Bouzy,Barnard have all underachieved for us this season but all have undoubted ability for this level so I wouldn't categorise any of them as a donkey.So my vote goes to Big Chris.

Brown?? Really?

Whilst he hasnt set the world alight I would hardly put him in a donkey category..

Ryan, I actually want the lad to prove me wrong on this; as it'll be to the benifit of the club if he does.

But for me, he's a woeful footballer.

Connor - note to self; Pull your socks down from high above your knees, stop trying to be a 'brap gangsta', and actually focus on the key elements of playing in your position.....like passing to teammates; not absutely cacking it when you have the ball at your feet, making overlapping runs, crossing the ball with some semblance of quality, tacking and heading and other such key elements to being even remotely good as a fullback.

I'm worried if come end of August; he's lining up as the front line RB for us. The lads just poor.

Geeing from the sidelines is irrelevant to any donkey debate. It's only recently that Furman has come in for supposedly ability-based criticism.

No it isnt. Plenty on here, like me, have thought him well overrated for the majority of his time here. He's far from as good as he thinks he is.

Specific games

Brown vs Walsall (a)

Iwelumo vs Everton (a)

M'voto vs Crawley (a)

Other nominees

Obita bar MK Dons (h) and Everton (h)

Iwelumo

Cisak

Robbie Simpson bar Liverpool (h) and Forest (a)

Wabara - whenever at CB

But the winner is

Paul Dickov - tactically nieve, loving city rejects and the inability to play youth to the point where he would rather play people out of position than give the youngsters a chance

Iwelumo - lead in his boots - refused to jump for ball or move into space v Everton time and time again, made life so easy for Distin it was unreal until Matty Smith came on and showed what a bit of effort can do. Big Chris past his best but lack of effort unforgiveable. Shouldnt have been given shirt over Smith. Donkey absoloutly but should never have been picked in first place.

Iwelumo - lead in his boots - refused to jump for ball or move into space v Everton time and time again, made life so easy for Distin it was unreal until Matty Smith came on and showed what a bit of effort can do. Big Chris past his best but lack of effort unforgiveable. Shouldnt have been given shirt over Smith. Donkey absoloutly but should never have been picked in first place.

This and this. Biggest mistake TP did playing Iwelumo against Everton.

Nowt wrong with picking a loanee, Iwelumo is in as far as I'm concerned.

Furman though, really? I think most forget how seriously bad we can be and have been. Perhaps it's a case of the best of bad bunch but really, Forbes, Feeney, and Furman? GTFO.

According to the reliable MikesDonkeys.co.uk, one of the characteristics of a donkey is that:

Donkeys have a reputation for stubbornness but this is due to their highly developed sense of self preservation. It is difficult to force or frighten a donkey into doing something it sees as contrary to its own best interest or safety.

Furman IN!