The random Latics goal request thread

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manchester City 1 Latics 2 March 13 1999 Division 2

Couldn't watch after Gareth Taylor made it 2-1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBx05cIOkMc&feature=youtu.be

Nice one for that - one of my favourite ever Latics games that I've been to.

Until now, I've never seen the footage of the goals due to the timer on my university housemate's video recorder (remember them!?) not working for that middle of the night football league show that used to be on.

Manchester City 1 Latics 2 March 13 1999 Division 2

Couldn't watch after Gareth Taylor made it 2-1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBx05cIOkMc&feature=youtu.be

I always thought Gary Kelly had a stormer of a game in that one, aside from the cracking penalty save, perhaps I was mistaken. It was a fantastic game, especially the atmosphere, though.

What an unbelievable thread. I'm gonna get nothing done.... and sounds like you're not either Prozac!?!

Stoke City away, 1994 FA Cup 4th round replay. From memory, they battered us. They were near the top of the 2nd tier. We were in the bottom 3 of the prem. Toddy Orlygsson hit the bar - for them!

They sang "going down" all game. They berated Darren Beckford - ex Port Vale - all game.....

....then, in what I remember as the 88th min (that might be poetic licence) Milligan lifted the ball over their back 4 and Beckford thundered a header against the post and in.....

...a mate and I - after composing ourselves from going mental, starting singing "we are premier league, say we are premier league".... Seconds later, so were 2,000 Latics fans, as the Stoke fans skulked out of the Victoria Ground.

My first experience of starting a song. Loved it. Prozac, got this one....?

What an unbelievable thread. I'm gonna get nothing done.... and sounds like you're not either Prozac!?!

Stoke City away, 1994 FA Cup 4th round replay. From memory, they battered us. They were near the top of the 2nd tier. We were in the bottom 3 of the prem. Toddy Orlygsson hit the bar - for them!

They sang "going down" all game. They berated Darren Beckford - ex Port Vale - all game.....

....then, in what I remember as the 88th min (that might be poetic licence) Milligan lifted the ball over their back 4 and Beckford thundered a header against the post and in.....

...a mate and I - after composing ourselves from going mental, starting singing "we are premier league, say we are premier league".... Seconds later, so were 2,000 Latics fans, as the Stoke fans skulked out of the Victoria Ground.

My first experience of starting a song. Loved it. Prozac, got this one....?

It's already in this thread, uploaded today and he scored in the 31st minute, yes they did batter us and Orlyggsson was Chief Architect. Why was he so :censored: when he came here?

It's already in this thread, uploaded today and he scored in the 31st minute, yes they did batter us and Orlyggsson was Chief Architect. Why was he so :censored: when he came here?

Brilliant stuff. Cant wait to watch it when I get in. Sharp signed Orlygsson and I thought it a blinder. How wrong I was. Cheers.

Ipswich Town 1 Latics 2 27/4/1991 - Promotion to the Top Flight Secured

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuJ_KyWbXgw&feature=youtu.be

What a day that was.

The grass verge outside Sainsburys about 1pm in the sun. Did they run out of beer?

After arriving at the ground early - "Where's the nearest pub mate?" "Down there & turn left but I wouldn't go in if I were you, it's an Ipswich pub". It was heaving wall to wall with Latics.

One of those matches with no stop singing from start to finish.

The pitch invasion

How many did we take? Was it 5000?

Edited by HarryBosch

Same with the eyres goal it was on LP but poor quality jan '05 that too is lost unless someone else has a copy

Shame. I fear it is lost.

I asked Stu a while back and he said he looked for it but couldn't find footage of it, and he's been gone for a few years now so the chances of it surfacing look bleak.

Am i right in thinking norwich are the last club we played both in the top flight and championship/division 1?

I was :censored:ting myself when they came down to L1 - if the fixture computer had given us them on the last day, I'd have put a month's wage on our relegation.

Ipswich Town 1 Latics 2 27/4/1991 - Promotion to the Top Flight Secured

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuJ_KyWbXgw&feature=youtu.be

0:35 - See the lone Oldham fan bouncing around in the Ipswich end? That was me. Didn't have a ticket and jibbed into the home end via a rascal's trick (pretending I was a Ipswich Town Lottery seller).

1:06 - That well-know Droyslden-based rapscallion running on the pitch with his Rene from the Roses bucket hat on. Doesn't look any different now and still has dubious choices of headwear.

What a day that was.

Newcastle United 3 Latics 2 PREM - April 1994

Rarer than rocking horse :censored: this one as away fans were not admitted due to St James' Park Refurb

http://youtu.be/z35CF8TTryM

Are you sure? I'm sure we got a few hundred tickets rather than the usual 1,000-2,000 allocation we used to get. Similar to Old Trafford in about 1992 when the Stretford End was knocked down and rebuilt.