The badge  

138 members have voted

1. 1. What's your opinion of the club badge?

• Love it
    • Like it
    • Indifferent
    • Dislike it
    • Hate it
  2. 2. Would you be in favour of replacing the badge for the 2014/15 season?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Do you think the fans should be consulted in the process of creating a new badge, next time around?

• Yes
    • No

Like this?

BADGE_Oldham.GIF

A Latics badge should have an owl sat on a ball, as this shows. And for me, that is the thing that is wrong with this new one.

The last one we had didn't need redesigning, but if they were going to do it, then it should at the very least have an owl sat on a ball.

We used to have the best badge in football. We don't now.

Guest Scratch2000uk

AFAIK The badge was designed for free, apparently the directors had the final say on it, I also believe that it wasn't the designers preferred crest.

Had nothing against the old one being changed or modernised and I do quite like this new one (apart from the gold) but if it meant satisfying the masses would not be too bothered about the introduction of another new badge which contained the owl on ball

Edited by Lookers_Carl

All this "they're rebadged you fool" clubs trying to modernise I think started with Fulham a few years back with the swastika-looking monstrosity they have now. I understand some badges need to be simplified occasionally, mainly the 'town crest' style ones that look like they date from any point between 1600 and 1940 and all look the same (Burnley, Northampton, Bury, Dagenham & redbridge etc). You should be able to tell the club from even a small icon in my opinion and I think you certainly could do with ours. The shape was its uniqueness, and the shield type shape we have now just looks as nondescript as many others. The other point about it is usually, after a short amount of time I get used to things after a major change. I just can't get used to this, but like so much in football nowadays, I'm increasingly apathetic about most things about the modern game.

It also came dripping in irony when it was unveiled a couple of seasons back. Ooh, look at us in our ultra-modern, swanky new motif. In our crumbling :censored:ing wreck of a stadium with a rank-amateur website. :censored: me.