JPT has provided some quite exciting nights.

Bradford home a couple of years ago.

Accrington away when we won 3-2.

However, it's also provided some less than exciting nights...

Accrington at Home under Penney.

Chesterfield in the Northern Final at home.

and many more...

It's a hit and miss competition, but i still think we should fight for the win and try to get as far as we can, even if we do bow out in the Northern Final (Again)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chesterfield in the Northern Final at home was exciting until about the 80th minute. Then we were dead on our feet.

A lot of "what if's?" from that Northern Final. Kuqi's missed pen in the first leg, the fact we starte dlike a train in the second, Kuqi hitting a post when he should have scored, like you say we were dead by the time that donkey M'voto (Yeah the same M'voto that people put in the same bracket as Barrett) collided with Cisak and Lester tapped home.

However, it's also provided some less than exciting nights...

Chesterfield in the Northern Final at home.

Eh? Chesterfield at home was a pretty exciting night, we just couldn't stick the ball in the :censored:ing net!

Oh Shefki. Still mesmerised we didn't win that tie.

A lot of "what if's?" from that Northern Final. Kuqi's missed pen in the first leg, the fact we starte dlike a train in the second, Kuqi hitting a post when he should have scored, like you say we were dead by the time that donkey M'voto (Yeah the same M'voto that people put in the same bracket as Barrett) collided with Cisak and Lester tapped home.

Tommy Lee also played an absolute blinder at New Saltergate (whatever it's called).

we could say that about the league, "but if we don't get promoted, like many other years it will feel like a massive waste of time and effort" this again doesn't mean i want us to lose...

is it not very similar??

Not quite. The league is the bread and butter.

I'd go to Wembley if we got there, of course I would, and it was a bit of a :censored:ter when Chesterfield did us over, but the league is the only priority for me. It's nice to do well in the cups, last season provided us with some fantastic moments, but I'd have swapped them for promotion any day.

Way i see it the league is the main target when we kick off in august. First securing safety then if we are doing well promotion. Its like this until christmas. All cup games before then are meaningless and all winnable. We should try to win every game but meh if we dont win the cups

Priorities change through the course of the season however. Nobody can tell me if we are in the third round of the fa cup at liverpool and the northern final of the jpt in january, but having a mediocre mid table run in the league they wouldnt be bothered about not winning that final. It happened a couple of years ago and when chesterfield beat us everyone was gutted and there were (correct me if im wrong) about 6000 people in that ground that night.

As i say priorities change and i would gladly see us to wembley and the fifth round of the cup if our league campaign has hit the buffers.

Granted if we are top or in the top six i couldnt give a damn about playing the scousers