Assistant Manager - just a thought

Am I being silly when I get the feeling that Lee might offer Cliff Byrne the job. Might it be that he was being assessed at the boot camp? There is no sign of him going back to scunny which might indicate a bigger role at the latics.

Would love Cliff to stay, although we did not get the best of him playing last season, I think he has a passion for the game which he can pass on to the younger players, and if he retains a squad number he is a solid dependable centre half who can talk across the line.

Looking at the twitter picture of how red his face is this week during army week - Id say he has been taking full part in army training.

Maybe he just forgot tonput cream on?

I agree though. I think if he stays here; he'll feature as a squad player. In a similar way to last season, naming him as a sub is a masterstroke as he can "warm up" and coach outside of the dugout. He was pretty impressive doing that; the way he spoke / shouted to the players an what he was saying.

Seems a really good chap to have around the place, and as a squad defender, again - a decent player to have around.

Maybe he just forgot to put cream on?

I agree though. I think if he stays here; he'll feature as a squad player. In a similar way to last season, naming him as a sub is a masterstroke as he can "warm up" and coach outside of the dugout. He was pretty impressive doing that; the way he spoke / shouted to the players an what he was saying.

Seems a really good chap to have around the place, and as a squad defender, again - a decent player to have around.

Agreed, I watched him when he played in a reserve match last season constantly encouraging and giving advice to the young players.