new signing to be announced

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not an indication that the budget is spent but that it will be spent. LJ wanted to make sure he spent our money on a certain type of player. The player in question fits into that mould.

Can't find the other quote from me a while back but it basically said young n hungry n someone who will become a fans favourite

The quote in the last post suggests some discussion was involved.

My apologies for politely asking you to elaborate.

It's not as if its our money or anything.........oh.........

Harry, whilst I along with all the playershare committee and I guess the club are eternally grateful to all who contribute/raise funds for playershare, once it's in the pot it's playershare money. Not mine, not any one particular fans, not anyone's. That is not meant to sound in any way mean or off hand it is just meant that unfortunately the way things work it wouldn't be practical or workable to ballot everyone on a certain player. So it's best just thought of once you've paid the money in, you've helped and it's now in the playershare funds hands and best not to think of it's our money. I hope you see the logic there.

In the meantime, subscribe to PlayerShare folks. The funds need to build up again by the sound of things.

Playershare is open to all fans who wish to donate to the scheme. Fans can donate to the scheme as follows.

BY STANDING ORDER

A regular standing order is our preferred method of donation. Fans can set up a standing order, either in their branch or through telephone banking or online banking to the following details for a minimum of £4 a month:

BENEFICIARY NAME: Trust Oldham PlayerShare Save-Scheme

SORT CODE: 16-27-11 (RBS Oldham Branch)

ACCOUNT NUMBER: 10176108

BY PAYPAL

Donations can be made by PayPal to playershare@laticsplayershare.co.uk

ONE OFF PAYMENTS

For one off payments, such as cheques, please email playershare@laticsplayershare.co.uk

Download here www.keepandshare.com/doc/2972024/playershare-letter-pdf-pdf-july-10-2011-5-43-pm-273k

Prompted by your question about where the new signing fits in to the squad.

How?

When the player was first mentioned it was as one for the future, then Playershare got involved, messages were posted that suggested someone from Playershare had spoken with LJ about the player and the fund helping with his wages - I asked, quite resonably I thought, out of curiosity whether he was indeed one for the future or if he'd be likely to play at the start of the season.

How you've somehow contrived to go from that simple question to "The day the PlayerShare committee members or contributors tell Lee Johnson or any other manager who he has to pick is the day to close the scheme down." is quite remarkable.

Playershare could be used in part for existing players who are worth keeping?

Playershare is used at the request of the management, ie lee johnson. And harry to answer your query, LJ came to us as a committee to ask if adequate funds were available to bring in x player to which we replied yes. It is then upto him what he does with that player. Think the delay is clearance for him.

Playershare is used at the request of the management, ie lee johnson. And harry to answer your query, LJ came to us as a committee to ask if adequate funds were available to bring in x player to which we replied yes. It is then upto him what he does with that player. Think the delay is clearance for him.

The answer to my query appears to be "I don't know" - which would have been absolutely fine.

Has Barry had you all in for a charm workshop?

Can someone involved in Playershare tell us whether he's expected to partner Tarky from the off or if he's one for the future as previously suggested?

The answer isn't "don't know". The answer is "no". Does that help? Perhaps the responses you've had are because you have, perhaps, worded the question in a particular way.

Harry, I'm not a member of the Trust. I'm not on the PlayerShare committee. But it was always clear to me that PlayerShare funds were to help the manager have something extra, outside the normal budget. Those funds don't buy a say in team selection.

Edited by opinions4u