new signing to be announced

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The answer isn't "don't know". The answer is "no". Does that help? Perhaps the responses you've had are because you have, perhaps, worded the question in a particular way.

Harry, I'm not a member of the Trust. I'm not on the PlayerShare committee. But it was always clear to me that PlayerShare funds were to help the manager have something extra, outside the normal budget. Those funds don't buy a say in team selection.

What are you talking about?

Where have I or anyone else suggested Playershare funds should "buy a say in team selection"?

And, "no" isn't a valid answer to an either/or question. Not that I was ever really that bothered.

Jesus wept.

not sure why we used the player share money on this Latvian lad, could we not find a local kid to invest in?

Because the manager thought the Latvian lad was worth investing in and, presumably, hasn't come across a local kid he likes the look of as much.

Can someone point out to me the said problem with the wording of my (I thought) innocent question?

I thought you weren't really that bothered?

I assume LJ hasn't spoken to anyone involved in PS as to whether he's likely to feature much.

That's up to LJ. Fair question and maybe you could ask at one of the fans forum.

The bit in bold is one of the defining features of PlayerShare.

Lags/chill, please feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but from my understanding of how Playershare works, the manager is free to use these funds as he wishes and the committee will not turn down a request for funds on the basis that they think the player in question is crap or the funds could be more effectively used elsewhere. If the manager wants a certain amount, and this amount is available in the kitty, then the committee will sanction it.

Any 'discussion' held will be on the topic of whether the managers request for funds is financially viable.

Lags/chill, please feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but from my understanding of how Playershare works, the manager is free to use these funds as he wishes and the committee will not turn down a request for funds on the basis that they think the player in question is crap or the funds could be more effectively used elsewhere. If the manager wants a certain amount, and this amount is available in the kitty, then the committee will sanction it.

Any 'discussion' held will be on the topic of whether the managers request for funds is financially viable.

You have put my point across a little better than i did earlier. I personally wouldn't vote against a managers request for any reasons off the top of my head other than we couldn't afford it. From speaking to other members of the committee i feel they feel the same way.

It isn't the committee's job to spend the money, just raise it and keep it safe.

I thought you weren't really that bothered?

I assume LJ hasn't spoken to anyone involved in PS as to whether he's likely to feature much.

I'm not bothered about what LJ's plans for Eddie are - he's dead to me now after all this.

I was bothered about how the wording of my question had somehow provoked the ire of Playershare.

it's a fair point Harry is making because I was of the understanding he's one for the future, but now we used player share money on him I would like to see the investment on the pitch as opposed to him being on the bench or its a waste of the funds in my opinion

it's a fair point Harry is making because I was of the understanding he's one for the future, but now we used player share money on him I would like to see the investment on the pitch as opposed to him being on the bench or its a waste of the funds in my opinion

Are you attending the upcoming 'meet the manager' night?

I wasn't making a point, I was asking a question!

That is correct

I'm not bothered about what LJ's plans for Eddie are - he's dead to me now after all this.

I was bothered about how the wording of my question had somehow provoked the ire of Playershare.

I wasn't aware that you had!

no sadly c hill I'm living in Surrey but hope it goes well mate, with player share if this Latvian comes good an we've paid half his contract an we move him on for 200k could we not split that with the club an then that goes back into the pot? I'd rather see player share grow than constantly bleed dry. question or point? fair enough harry

Again it's not down to anyone or collectively to question LJ's request to the playershare committee. The committee is there purely to help raise funds and to answer LJ's request whether funds are available at that present time.

no sadly c hill I'm living in Surrey but hope it goes well mate, with player share if this Latvian comes good an we've paid half his contract an we move him on for 200k could we not split that with the club an then that goes back into the pot? I'd rather see player share grow than constantly bleed dry. question or point? fair enough harry

I see you're logic there jw, however I can't see that ever happening. Hopefully if this senerio ever came to pass then all pofits made on said player went into team building with a mention of playershare in the way of credits!!. That's just my view.

Can someone point out to me the said problem with the wording of my (I thought) innocent question?

Perhaps it's this:-

Q: "Can someone involved in Playershare tell us ...?"

A: "No, they cannot tell you as they are not privy to this"

Then someone gets upset, someone bites back, the referee pulls a knife, mrs morley stabs someone, russia launch a nuclear device and it reminds me of sweden.

I see you're logic there jw, however I can't see that ever happening. Hopefully if this senerio ever came to pass then all pofits made on said player went into team building with a mention of playershare in the way of credits!!. That's just my view.

Lags is correct any money that is raised on the eventually selling on of a player share player goes back in to the club for future team building. Cedric evina is an example of that as we sold him onto charlton for roughly 50k.

However, I do take on board jw valid point that maybe we should consider taking back, the initial outlay player share has invested rather then starting from scratch. I will put this on the agenda to discuss for the next committee meeting.

Edited by underdog