top scorer in league one?

I just get the feeling that McDonald is one of those that could really grab a load if the team suits him. I've no idea if our team does, but could be a decent bet.

I agree.

It all adds up, provided Johnson doesn't turn out to be a poorer manager than Dickov :lol:

Who does everyone think it will be?

I will have a rash bet and back a Latics player but it is likely to be Leigh Griffiths.

Great signing at this level, Davies could have still cut it at Notlob for another 12 months. It's the players around him that are the key as other posters have alluded to. Just had a quick look at PNE's squad and they're not all that tbh. The positives are Davies and Larry, who has managed to get Blackpool, Leeds and Huddersfield promoted out of this division.

I think they'll be up there, but not quite good enough, top 10 finish for me. Still believe Wolves will steamroll this division. I know big clubs like Leeds, both the Sheffield clubs and many more have struggled to get out, but Wolves should be a different class. Also, they've just signed Sam Ricketts and Leigh Griffiths who's record suggests he will score goals.

With you on that one Gaz.

Royle also gave Dave Penney his seal of approval so whatever he said, take with a pinch of salt!

Shortly after his one win in 12 games, after not being old enough to remember the glory days, my opinion of Joe Royle is that hes actually got quite :censored:e football knowledge!

On the topic of strikers, it's sometimes said that BP is the graveyard for forwards but Carlisle have surely have it worse, especially last season.

3 of their ex-strikers were the top scorers in teams that got promoted from the Championship, L1 and L2 last season. 2 of which were top scorers in their league outright.

Glenn Murray at Palace, Paddy Madden at Yeovil and Nahki Wells at Bradford.

Useful bit of information there - you can tell it's pre-season...

On Christmas day one year ex Bristol Rovers strikers were top scorers in every division bar the prem (and marcus stewart was 2/nd 3rd top scorer at the time then tailed off after christmas) - I think 3 of them ended up top scoring too....

Marcus Stewart

Jason Roberts

Nathan Ellington

Bobby Zamora

Edited by pukka

Wells at Bradford is a good shout but the fella next to him isn't too bad either (James Hanson) but I'd certainly have a punt on newly signed Kevin Davies at North end.

Would have loved him to join us, This guy has goals in him a level above, Scoring against the lesser defences of League one will be a stroll in the park for this fella and he certainly knows how to mix it :surrender: