Latics 0-1 Walsall: Post match reaction

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where? how?

A football sub-culture. The term is usually associated with fan-owned clubs (and the culture as an extension of those clubs) who have a set of underlying principles that are general guidelines on how the club should be run. I'm assuming that it was something that was initially used to describe the sporting clubs under St.Pauli's banner at first, and then other community/fan owned clubs have sort of taken the phrase and used it to describe their own cultures - generally left-leaning, and local community focussed.

Jeez, not this St. Pauli rubbish again. Thought we'd got rid of this farce last season.

Don't worry, there isn't going to be a revolution to upset your status quo, although some other clubs don't have the same "defence mechanisms" raised when the topic crops up - which could open another line of debate entirely.

I regularly see skull and crossbones and St.Pauli flags at football matches. Not one :censored: is given.

Don't worry, there isn't going to be a revolution to upset your status quo, although some other clubs don't have the same "defence mechanisms" raised when the topic crops up - which could open another line of debate entirely.

I regularly see skull and crossbones and St.Pauli flags at football matches. Not one :censored: is given.

Bloody hell, its not my cup of tea but threatening people off is outlandish. We have enough room for every splitter group under the sun to have their section and still not be able to hear each other

It's a bit insensitive to victims of piracy though, isn't it? We're supposed to be a family club ffs

After the Twitter backlash Saturday night I couldnt be arsed reading OWTB but now the dust has settled - my take on Saturday. Theres alot to work on, its a new squad playing a new system which I'm a fan of to be honest.

Positives

Corey Smith - Pleasure to watch MOM for me

Lee Johnsons Tactics- Wasnt working he changed the system a number of times and it didnt pay off Plan B last season was put Mvoto up front

Sidney Smeltz - Looked dangerous when he came on, it was a shame Sid fluffed his lines shooting over the top.

2 stone wall pens in the first half, couple of near misses against a team with a superb defence on the day- Bit of Lady luck needed!

2 games gone 4 goals scored, new squad playing a type of football not seen at BP for many a long while, Mid table, would of taken that prior to the start of the season- Peed of we lost to a better team on the day but what's not to feel positive about.