LJs after match comments

Early doors but we did make a lot of individual mistakes today. Grounds has to give the ball away a few times before he settles these days and if we keep playing that diagonal ball in the air up front to rooney at least have someone within half a mile of him in case by some miracle he gets a knock on. The service to the front two today was abysmal.Baxter wasn't at the races today and we lacked heavily in midfield dont think a wide man of ours ran with the ball out wide in the first half? CB is an urgent priority but on a positive today Anton looked half decent and a million pounds for baxter after today looks like the best bit of business we could have ever done!

Edited by KYLEOAFC

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BP.....why do you actually go to the games? What is it that really winds you up all week that makes you this way? Boss hard on you at work? Mind numbingly boring job? Feel physically inadequate? Why don't you find another sport to follow as the latics clearly don't fulfil your needs!

Memo to BP

Beware pointing out the seemingly obvious..... It isn't to many on here

BP.....why do you actually go to the games? What is it that really winds you up all week that makes you this way? Boss hard on you at work? Mind numbingly boring job? Feel physically inadequate? Why don't you find another sport to follow as the latics clearly don't fulfil your needs!

To be fair to 1960, he knows his onions when it comes to football...

Heaven forbid that anyone should have a different view. Sterile.

Everybody's entitled to have different views. But when they're as daft as this:

You will only get one positive from me, Tarkowski, the rest should be ashamed of themselves - including the manager and coaching staff.

they're probably best kept to yourself.

Everybody's entitled to have different views. But when they're as daft as this:

they're probably best kept to yourself.

To be fair, if someone has an opinion and they have a stab at backing it up with reasonable debate, well then I welcome that to this forum. However, some of the responses...

To be fair, if someone has an opinion and they have a stab at backing it up with reasonable debate, well then I welcome that to this forum. However, some of the responses...

Hitler represented one of the great leaders of the 20th century, winning 49.7million or 98.9% of the vote in the 1938 German elections.

Discuss the positive implications of this vote and its outcome.

Hitler represented one of the great leaders of the 20th century, winning 49.7million or 98.9% of the vote in the 1938 German elections.

we was wank today,first game of the season,adidos 2the 500 what paid in £20 today

Definitely, that's the whole point of a forum. But it's a fine line between expressing an opinion and posting nonsense just to blow off steam, which seems to have been happening a lot tonight. Hopefully tomorrow will bring some more reasoned (and sober) debate.

And this argument means what to football?

This is an irrelevant conclusion logical fallacy and fails to address the issue in question - the exploits of a mediocre third division team who punch above their weight seem insignificant to those of the Third Reich.

Definitely, that's the whole point of a forum. But it's a fine line between expressing an opinion and posting nonsense just to blow off steam, which seems to have been happening a lot tonight. Hopefully tomorrow will bring some more reasoned (and sober) debate.

Yes, I agree - that is why most choose to debate with BP1960 to make him see another point of view and hopefully completely ignore the likes of oafc21 above, who incidentally is going to get kicked if he carries on blatantly upsetting the locals...

you might have hit the nail on the head actually..my wife is to undergo major surgery and I have been fighting a 7 month battle with NHS incompetence.I was looking forward to some relief at the Latics but I guess when I see what looks to be a lack of will it gets to me.

when I see what looks to be a lack of will it gets to me

While I think you've been over-negative in your response to yesterday's game I share the view that as a collective we weren't up for it yesterday. Certainly not when you compare the same eleven to what they put in a week earlier.

I suspect the manager over-reacted to Tuesday's second half and tried to set us up to be more cautious. I'm still waiting to see what Rooney has to offer, but I don't think he's a cart horse.

Good luck with the challenges life is throwing at you by the way.

Thanks O4U, with hindsight I guess I was over the top.

My stress has been due to incompetent NHS management, who have left my wife suffering physically and mentally for over 7 months and I'm her sole unpaid carer.

I have noticed this in my dealings with other areas of society recently with constant battles against faceless bureaucrats, time to see my GP I think.

Mind you a 5-0 win at Peterborough would be better than any pills.

My stress has been due to incompetent NHS management, who have left my wife suffering physically and mentally for over 7 months and I'm her sole unpaid carer.

I have noticed this in my dealings with other areas of society recently with constant battles against faceless bureaucrats, time to see my GP I think.

If you believe your wife isn't getting the treatment or service she needs, see a solicitor and take a letter from them, with you to your next appointment. The speed and level of service will scare you.

I did this earlier in the year.

It's time like you're having brother the red tape and handing off gets to you more. Especially if someone close is suffering as a consequence.

I fear the tactics didn't match the personnel yesterday or the personnel didn't collectively tic. Either way Latics couldn't hold the ball up enough in the danger area, often enough to create the openings. Yet we did have a stonewall pen turned down and Sydney fluffed a similar chance to their goal. Whilst their goal was poor defending from front to back. Latics hey?

Good luck and hope things improve with your current frustrations, GP's in my local experience can be understanding and helpful, hope yours is too

Yesterday's game at Latics was disappointing

I think LJ is trying to get us playing a better way, but it may take a while to get more of the players pulling in the same way

Let's judge it around the end of September

Last week was a great start, but maybe set over expectations

Peterborough will be tough , but it's latics , they will hopefully surprise us

Then it will be Port Vale and Lee Hughes at home , another challenge

At least we support a team that has it's ups and downs, not one in the Premier League!