Breaking Bad Predictions

pukka

Is anyone else watching breaking bad? It's up there with the wire as the best TV show I've watched.

Don't read this if you don't want any spoilers from the first episode of the final 8.

What did people think of the last episode? Walt's cancer obviously isn't back as we wouldn't get that flash forward to him in the house. He goes back for the ricin - he is obviously going to kill someone. The public (well his neighbours) obviously find out who Heisenberg is from the reaction of her next door.

My prediction:

- Mike's body is discovered and makes the news. Jesse then goes to the police to turn himself and walt in. Jesse then would go into witness protection. Walt goes on the run. He knows where he is and tries to (or manages to) kill him with the ricin

- Skyler has the car wash taken from her and ends up in prison for money laundering and being an accomplice.

- Hank loses his job having taken money for hsi treatment from walter. Escapes jail due to service in the DEA. Breaks up with his wife when the White kids move in.

- Saul ends up with a load of money that can't be touched.

- Todd is producing meth for Madrigal, but they kill him for not being good enough.

- Lydia is killed by Madrigal

- Walt then tries to escape over the border to mexico. He is swapping the guns for a route over. He is captured and arrested.

Edited by pukka

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am happy with the finale. Sorry to see the show end but I don't think they could have done anymore.

Seeing Walt walk through the Nazi's lab with a look of proud accomplishment was a perfect ending for me, especially after his "I did it for me" speech to Skylar. Taking out the whole blue meth organisation at the end and being found in the lab secures Heisenberg's legacy.

There are a couple of loose ends, Skylar and family's future doesn't look too rosy, the money appearing to come from Grey Matter will help but in the short term she will be part of the investigation. Jesse too has an unclear future. Hank & Gomez were the main ones who knew about his involvement but I'm sure the DEA will want to pursue him. Plus, when he was arrested throwing away his money I doubt that it was returned to him.

IMO, this is the greatest piece of TV ever, certainly that I've seen. I was a proper, full on 24/Jack Bauer nut, and never thought I'd witness gripping television like it again, but this tops it. It also tops The Sopranos too, and that was brilliant in it's own right.

The ending to Breaking Bad was absolutely perfect, and the final episode itself is the greatest 1hr of TV I'm ever likely to see.

Securing the future of his children via Grey Matter.

Absolving Skylar from any wrongdoing with his “You’re a bitch, why didn’t you listen to me” phonecall.

Giving up the destination of Hank & Steve’s bodies.

Wiping out the Nazis and, in turn, saving Jesse.

Proving to Jesse that he didn’t give Ricin to Brock, by giving it to the woman with the links to the Czechs’.

Allowing Jesse to be the one who killed Todd.

Jesse deciding not to kill Walt and showing that he’s no longer going to do “What Walt says”.

Walt letting Jesse get away and making sure the police found him dead in the Nazis’ meth lab so that they thought he was the one cooking again, not Jesse.

There’s probably others that I have forgotten to mention.

Just a perfect ending. Seeing Walt dying on the floor of the meth lab, shortly after admiring what he’d done for so long, was rather fitting, and it ensured it kept alive Heisenberg’s legacy.

A special mention for Jesse’s “homies” and their use of laser pens. A genius addition to the script.

I’m going to give it a few weeks then watch the whole series again I think.

Gutted it’s ended, but at the same time glad it didn’t overrun it’s course.

Edited by sjk2008

Thankfully my prediction at the start was rubbish, it wasn't what I'd have done, but what I expected.

I loved the final episode... til the confrontation with the Nazis. I said at work I just didn't want it to finish with everything wrapping up nicely. A shoot em up, when he should be killed sooner, rescues the good guy (jesse) and the bad guys all died. Which is what we got. It was all too obvious. (will he pick the key ring up? I can't guess!!) A bit too James Bond... I'll kill you after having this chat.

My biggest problem is it was all "Too nice" - everyone got what they deserved. The good guy escaped, Walter died. The bad guys all died. Sorry, but after all had proceded, it felt wet.

If I'd have written it: He'd have killed the nazis and not known jesse was there, who would have been left to die alone. Then Walt goes to speak to Marie sometime in the future as he tries to repent his sins. He frightens her enough to get in the house (ala the Schwartz's) - after a talk, which would have had a lot of tension - she goes to "the toilet" comes back with a gun and shoots him. He doesn't get the legacy - Marie's life is behind bars. Even in death he ruins everything. Rather than putting things right.

Edited by pukka

It would be a bit bleak for an American audience, but no harsher than what had gone before.

And in the words of Tuco from: The good the bad and the ugly (Gilligan is a huge fan of the film, it's obvious)

"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk"

Edited by pukka

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The final episode of series 4, (or was it second to last?) was my favourite. When chicken man goes to see wheelchair ding ding man at the nursing home. (I'm being vague just in case some have you haven't got that far). When he comes out of the room and straightens his tie. Wow, just wow.

• 7 months later...