Was anyone removed from the ground yesterday?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As described, I wasn't there so wouldn't know, there again wolf whistle's and the like have occured since year dot. No harm bless.

The fact that it has always happened is not a defence. I don't think it's the end of the world and yes if I was her, I would expect that sort of thing, but I it's not right.

I know that some construction workers who worked for my employer were no longer welcomed on site, because they acted in a similar way to females walking past.

Love how pathetic this is!!!

It's called banter!!

Suppose it the "have you ever seen your dick" chant at Stevenage to the fat man at Stevenage was unacceptable to?

No big post moaning of that ?

Yes it is unacceptable. It depends on the individual and he may just be able to laugh it off, but frankly its abuse.

The fact that it has always happened is not a defence. I don't think it's the end of the world and yes if I was her, I would expect that sort of thing, but I it's not right.

I know that some construction workers who worked for my employer were no longer welcomed on site, because they acted in a similar way to females walking past.

How sterile do we want to go? do we want to outlaw all fun for young lads? will we stamp out players and managers swearing? will every fan that jumps from his/her seat be banned for life. Indeed will the first female to scream obsenities at the match be stoned?

I really think we are getting a tad too precious. The manager and certain players have gone on record saying the support at posh was fantastic. I ain't saying it's model behaviour, but it's gonna happen or the grounds will be emptier sooner than you think.

Seems to me there's a sizeable number of fans at any club who believe they can shout and chant what they like on the terraces without fear of consequences and without a care for who they abuse.

I'm all for a rowdy atmosphere, I'm definitely all for away fans singing their hearts out all match to back the team, but there is a line that defines support and banter from abuse and too many fans have no idea where that line is.

As far as what seems to have happened at Posh is concerned, if a young lady is out on the pitch before the game and is clearly there for decorative purposes, she's probably going to laugh off a good natured rendition of "Get yer tits out for the lads", but I wouldn't expect it to come from the family stand, and I'd be happy for stewards to eject anybody who followed it up with "Does she take it up the arse", if nothing else for being an immature prick.

OK Scantily clad was the wrong word, but I guess the tight shirt and tight leggings is for effect. Do you know something Nigel, I've noticed all you do is try to be-little people on here, what's it all about?

Lets hope Latics have no success and move up the leagues, because we will attract even more young vocal lads singing songs at football matches with swear words and inuendo. Plus larger away following doing likewise. Left left left left march, you'll soon have it so boring they'll just be you few hundred watching with a flask and cake.

Maybe you could have a word with said rascals next match.

One minute you're pointing out how people should be able to take a bit of banter Craig, next minute you're claiming you're be belitted. As you would say:- "bless".

Get over yourself, you give plenty out.

One minute you're pointing out how people should be able to take a bit of banter Craig, next minute you're claiming you're be belitted. As you would say:- "bless".

Get over yourself, you give plenty out.

erm I am talking about others nigel.....nothing to get over here. Especially anything you may have to say brother. In your words show me where I've mentioned Banter in this thread.

Do you need some help? Looks like you're having your arse handed to you. Brother.

In your opinion and the troop.....my arse is safe. Thanks for the concern. Eagerly awaiting all the smacking of hands the next match......

Edited by Lags

Whilst i certainly dont want a sterile atmosphere at football (see my posts on the Clark Carslile TV show thread).......we should all be mindfull that there is a chance that the same groups of fans who start up the 'banter chants' aimed at women etc could very well be only 'another beer' away from starting something a lot more sinister.

Just look at what a singing section of Notts County fans have been accused of today for the match vs Bradford.

I really wouldnt put it past some of our singers from doing something similar.

In fact, with my own eye's & ears, i saw & heard just that from a group of our fans in the pub when locked out of the Bury game.

There's a line. It shouldn't be crossed. We should be careful about exactly what atmosphere we hope to create...

Edited by slystallone

Just look at what a singing section of Notts County fans have been accused of today for the match vs Bradford.

I really wouldnt put it past some of our singers from doing something similar.

In fact, with my own eye's & ears, i saw & heard just that from a group of our fans in the pub when locked out of the Bury game.

What's this?

Guest Scratch2000uk

See, if we ban all kinds of singing and or chanting,unless of course it is strictly football material, anyone who could possibly be offended or indeed offended by proxy, will have a great day out. :OASISscarf: