Was anyone removed from the ground yesterday?

Scantily clad? Specsavers (or a psychotherapist).

It's ironic that a number of people were falling over themselves with worry over players being criticised for poor performances, yet seem to think that a woman on a pitch is fair game as apparently it's easy to tell that she likes that sort of attention.

As described, I wasn't there so wouldn't know, there again wolf whistle's and the like have occured since year dot. No harm bless.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might as well be shouting "There's a darkie on the pitch! Theeeeeeeeres a daaaa-aaaar-kiiiiie onnnn the pitchhhhh". Excuses and joking about it make no saving graves. That :censored: has no place in life, let alone football. See am attractive woman as a football mascot? Great, take it for what it is and enjoy it in silence.

Totally unacceptable behaviour. I'd expect anyone doing the same to be ejected from BP

As described, I wasn't there so wouldn't know, there again wolf whistle's and the like have occured since year dot. No harm bless.

Who described her as scantily clad? Elegantly dressed and tight football shirt are all that's been said.

Perhaps you should ask yourself how that ended up as scantily clad in your head Lags? Do all the silly "bless" comments you like, if it makes you feel good, but there's a leap in your mind about how she was dressed from the reality/description to something else entirely.

Anyway, my point was that it's odd how people who fret about calling a player crap are happy to join in this form of "banter" - a touch hypocritical.

Might as well be shouting "There's a darkie on the pitch! Theeeeeeeeres a daaaa-aaaar-kiiiiie onnnn the pitchhhhh". Excuses and joking about it make no saving graves. That :censored: has no place in life, let alone football. See am attractive woman as a football mascot? Great, take it for what it is and enjoy it in silence.

Totally unacceptable behaviour. I'd expect anyone doing the same to be ejected from BP

this is so right and and any one who disagrees is living in the past..its time to make some noise about this sort of @everydaysexism that we all accept without question.

I was sat with my son on Saturday next to a women who had come to the match alone and I though at the time how embarrassed I was when the get your**** out chant started - made me feel uncomfortable

I know I'll piss people off as a right on lefty but tough!!

still love the footy!!!

A quick google image search for Miss Posh will pretty much prove she's there to look nice and get attention.

Mr Posh is an old fart who looks and dresses the part, but Miss Posh (who they seem to change often) tends to be a quarter of his age, wearing a football shirt and a miniskirt.

She knows what she's being paid to do, she expects it and she probably loves it so stop whinging.

Good job no-one started the M'voto chant eh?

Seriously though I admit when I was younger I would have probably joined in with the "get yer tits out" stuff but I've grown out of it. A bit like getting my name on the back of my shirt or getting my face painted. But it's not as if I'm not passionate about Latics during a match anymore, I still had an adreneline rush when we had that last minute corner on Saturday as I did when we beat Barnsley in the FA Cup in 1994 when I was 7 years old

Edited by Tommy_Fent

I thought it was worse when our fans started on the middle aged couple sat together in the posh end next to the away fans. Latics fans singing 'Does she take it up the arse'. They as far as I know had not done a thing to warrent the abuse. Sat with them was two kids, not sure if they where hers but not a nice thing to hear about your mum if she was.

I thought it was worse when our fans started on the middle aged couple sat together in the posh end next to the away fans. Latics fans singing 'Does she take it up the arse'. They as far as I know had not done a thing to warrent the abuse. Sat with them was two kids, not sure if they where hers but not a nice thing to hear about your mum if she was.

Now that is wrong. If some bloke in the other ends gives it out then he can take it back in return, but it's shameful to pick on people as you describe Edited by leeslover

Who described her as scantily clad? Elegantly dressed and tight football shirt are all that's been said.

Perhaps you should ask yourself how that ended up as scantily clad in your head Lags? Do all the silly "bless" comments you like, if it makes you feel good, but there's a leap in your mind about how she was dressed from the reality/description to something else entirely.

Anyway, my point was that it's odd how people who fret about calling a player crap are happy to join in this form of "banter" - a touch hypocritical.

OK Scantily clad was the wrong word, but I guess the tight shirt and tight leggings is for effect. Do you know something Nigel, I've noticed all you do is try to be-little people on here, what's it all about?

Lets hope Latics have no success and move up the leagues, because we will attract even more young vocal lads singing songs at football matches with swear words and inuendo. Plus larger away following doing likewise. Left left left left march, you'll soon have it so boring they'll just be you few hundred watching with a flask and cake.

Maybe you could have a word with said rascals next match.

At 6' and the best part of 25st, if I see or hear sexism, racism, or any kind of discriminatory behaviour.. I will call it the hell out. In fsct, my size has nothing to do with it, as a human being I'd do it regardless.

Grow up. Behave like an adult. Oh when the blues! Keep the faith.

Roll on Sat! If that drummer plays the great escape for more than 16 bars the. God 'elp 'im..

Incidentally, this shouldn't need my enforcement. I am but one non-singer skulking away to the right of the Rocky Rd. I think Oldham, especially with the family angle we eminate and promote, has no place for tolerance of anything like this. Anyone who even remotely thinks this kind of thing is 'okay' is as much to blame for the decreasing crowds as the :censored: football of last season. If I had a family, I'd think again before exposing them to this bollocks.

Still drunk, not ashamed of my stance.

Roll on Sat! If that drummer plays the great escape for more than 16 bars the. God 'elp 'im..

Incidentally, this shouldn't need my enforcement. I am but one non-singer skulking away to the right of the Rocky Rd. I think Oldham, especially with the family angle we eminate and promote, has no place for tolerance of anything like this. Anyone who even remotely thinks this kind of thing is 'okay' is as much to blame for the decreasing crowds as the :censored: football of last season. If I had a family, I'd think again before exposing them to this bollocks.

Still drunk, not ashamed of my stance.

You'll be absolutely amazed or heartbroken what the kids are exposed to in the playgrounds around the UK. Tougher than you think though are our kids.

Don't doubt it, but doesn't make it any more acceptable or right.

Anyway, I've more than said my bit. Can we talk about how many we're going to put past Vale? :)

I honestly think once LJ finds the right blend this side will score buckets. I think Vale will be destroyed 4-1

I honestly think once LJ finds the right blend this side will score buckets. I think Vale will be destroyed 4-1

Yes please. Not seen a goal at BP since Montano's beaut against Hudds! Come on you bluuuuuues! :D

Has anyone ever got their tits out for the lads after hearing the chant or are we all still living in hope?

On the eve of the homecoming from our cup final .. Approximately 20 ladies did just that ..

The town that night was like an overflowed chaddy end with most in colours. It was the most fabulous night out ever !!! I see a few of those ladies about town and at matches still and I've lost no respect for them

Edited by andy_b_100