Danny Gossett

Can't see any benefit for us loaning players below Conference level, surely no better standard than playing for reserves.

LJ says he wants his youngsters to play against men, I guess that means to toughen them up.

Can't see any benefit for us loaning players below Conference level, surely no better standard than playing for reserves.

Whilst i would prefer BSP on League 2; for 18 year old players, the standard and level of clubs that Belezika, Cooper, Simpson, Sutherland and now Gossett are at will only help there footballing development.

LJ said in the 1st fans meeting I went to he was disappointed in Dickov's regime in terms of how the younger players development was handled. He said then he would be looking to get them out on loan, to get them real game experience in real competitive "Men's football" - and again, ge's been true to his word.

Kirk Millar sounds like he might well be the next one leaving on a short term loan. I'd class him as a seperate entity to the others above; as i really do belive League 2 is a realistic target for him. A short spell at a club akin to a Morecombe or Accrington would do him the power of good right now.

Once again, hope Gossett enjoys his spell and takes all the possible learnings he can from it. I see huge potential in him, i think he could be a real player for us in 12/18 months time, big prospect IMO.

Whilst i would prefer BSP on League 2; for 18 year old players, the standard and level of clubs that Belezika, Cooper, Simpson, Sutherland and now Gossett are at will only help there footballing development.

LJ said in the 1st fans meeting I went to he was disappointed in Dickov's regime in terms of how the younger players development was handled. He said then he would be looking to get them out on loan, to get them real game experience in real competitive "Men's football" - and again, ge's been true to his word.

Kirk Millar sounds like he might well be the next one leaving on a short term loan. I'd class him as a seperate entity to the others above; as i really do belive League 2 is a realistic target for him. A short spell at a club akin to a Morecombe or Accrington would do him the power of good right now.

Once again, hope Gossett enjoys his spell and takes all the possible learnings he can from it. I see huge potential in him, i think he could be a real player for us in 12/18 months time, big prospect IMO.

Agreed. I think that LJ can see beyond the short term and is laying the foundations for the next few years. He is creating a decent squad right now but has the nouse to realise that longer term success has to be built on producing more of our own players. Successive managers have spouted this but only tended to loan out youngsters when it was either clear theyt weren't possibilities for the first team or were on their way out. We've now got a situation where youngsters can get experience quite early on and that has to be in everyone's interests. Edited by LaticsPete

Some comments on the Stockport Yellowboard this morning:

Was impressed with all of the midfielders today - particularly Gosset. They showed how important having mobile players are.

Gossett really does look like a fantastic player, some of passing was sublime

Gossett - 7.5 - just about my mom I think. Real energy in midfield which we've been lacking in previous games. Busy and effective.

Yep, I just about favoured Gosset for mom infront of Jevons or Dennis.