Tonight's squad

For me the starting XI should be:

Oxley

Lanzoni Tarkowski Grounds Mills

Montano Mellor Smith Dayton

Philliskirk Rooney

I wouldn't have put Kusunga straight into this game tonight. Away at a tough physical side in a game which we need to win really. Next league game he will probably start when Mills' loan has finished.

No kusunga? Surprising if we could name him...also montano has just posted 'seriously.' On his twitter...just found out he isn't in the starting 11 again??

Can't have any complaints after Saturday . He looked bolloxed after two minutes of coming on .

I'd go for right to left

Oxley

Lanzoni

Tarky

Grounds

Mills

Schmeltz

Smith

Rodgers/mellor

Rusnak

Rooney

Philliskirk

Subs

Coleman

Mellor/Rodgers

Wes

Dayton

JCH

Preston is a more important game than this, I'd rather keep Montano for that.

I hate this competition and the stupid rule that says you have to play the players who have been playing in the league games. If ever there was an opportunity for a manager to shuffle the pack then these games are it yet the stupid rules prevent it.

The sooner we get out of this godwaful league and no longer qualify for this :censored:ty cup the better.

Can't have any complaints after Saturday . He looked bolloxed after two minutes of coming on .

I'd go for right to left

Oxley

Lanzoni

Tarky

Grounds

Mills

Schmeltz

Smith

Rodgers/mellor

Rusnak

Rooney

Philliskirk

Subs

Coleman

Mellor/Rodgers

Wes

Dayton

JCH

Wont disagree with that, but would possibly chuck the young goalie in, see what he can do! And maybe stick Philiskirk up top on his own and stick another midfielder in.

Has to be a game for the fringe players, see what they can do, if we win then great, if not then we haven't picked up any daft bookings or injuries.

Which we can't do as the players in the team for the JPT games have to be the ones who have played X amount of times in the league due to the stupid rules of the competition.

So what we will see tonight, as we have done in our other games in this :censored: cup is that we pick up pointless bookings and injuries.

If only there was a poster on these boards who has these kinds of stats at hand and would then post them so that we can all marvel at the information.

I need a valium....

According to an article on the BBC, it's only 6 players who started previously or 6 with the most appearances.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23848217

"Clubs have to start six of the 11 players who played in the match immediately before or after the Trophy game or the six players with the most appearances for the club to date that season."

It's a chance for us to go to Wembley. A chance us Latics fans will probably not get a chance to for a long time if at all.

We nearly got there with a :censored: squad and manager a couple of years ago, so why can't we get that one step further this year with a better squad and a seemingly better manager?

Lets go for it.

It's a chance for us to go to Wembley. A chance us Latics fans will probably not get a chance to for a long time if at all.

We nearly got there with a :censored: squad and manager a couple of years ago, so why can't we get that one step further this year with a better squad and a seemingly better manager?

Lets go for it.

A half empty Wembley wouldn't quite count in my opinion.

A half empty Wembley wouldn't quite count in my opinion.

So you wasn't arsed at all when we were knocked out in the Northern Area Cup Final a couple of years ago? And you werent arsed about potentially going to Wembley and winning a trophy for you club? I know I would be more than happy to do that.

So you wasn't arsed at all when we were knocked out in the Northern Area Cup Final a couple of years ago? And you werent arsed about potentially going to Wembley and winning a trophy for you club? I know I would be more than happy to do that.

I was arsed that we lost a game and the club missed out on some money (for about half a minute).

I would have liked a day on the piss at Wembley but I wasn't arsed about winning the Johnstones Paint Trophy or not.

I'm happy it would make you happy.

Edited by HarryBosch

Some of you on here really do baffle me. Why wouldn't you want to try and do well in every competition we're in!? I for one would absolutely love a day out at wembley and this is our biggest opportunity to get there.

Of course I'd like us to do well in every competition but this is firmly at the bottom of my list given the choice.

The only result I'd be less arsed about would be an end of season dead rubber in the League.

Yay!

We've won a cup that the highest position team in the competition is 3rd division and the results of the competition are printed on the back of a sign that says "Beware of the leopard".

It would be like winning a beauty contest where the only other entrants were the elephant man, the back of a bus and a warthog. Sure you're happy to win, pleased even but then in the cold light of day who would you actually tell you won?

The general consensus is Mellor comes in for Wes. I like Mellor, an can see why people want him in, but what has Wes done to warrant being dropped? The last three performances have been really good. An he's had a big impact on that IMO.

It's more what he doesn't do I think. Although I do believe he's not too bad at all at his job of breaking up attacks, Wes provides very little creativity from the middle of the park (which is what we lacked last season in my opinion), whereas Mellor has the ability to do that.

I was arsed that we lost a game and the club missed out on some money (for about half a minute).

I would have liked a day on the piss at Wembley but I wasn't arsed about winning the Johnstones Paint Trophy or not.

I'm happy it would make you happy.

...didn't mean to downboat, apologies.