Here's to another round of will he won't he?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be really happy with this happening, gettin lots of much needed finances in the club etc.

But doesn't Marwan strike you as another one of them foreign owners I.e Hull's owner. I wouldn't want our club moved, re-branded etc? Just a thought.

He's not really foreign is he.

Moved to England when he was a kid I think

I saw the Salford report on BBC last night. The atmosphere reminded me of the time when Latics were flying and I was quite envious of what I saw. Only worry I would have would be if he bought us and he may well try to relocate us to Salford to share the facilities. What would keep him in Oldham? If he has 2 teams sharing one stadium like Wigan etc. then that would halve his expenses.

I saw the Salford report on BBC last night. The atmosphere reminded me of the time when Latics were flying and I was quite envious of what I saw. Only worry I would have would be if he bought us and he may well try to relocate us to Salford to share the facilities. What would keep him in Oldham? If he has 2 teams sharing one stadium like Wigan etc. then that would halve his expenses.

Don't Sale Sharks share with them?

He's not really foreign is he.

Moved to England when he was a kid I think

Meaning through his actions, many many owners have turned their clubs that they have bought into a sinking ship, majority of them being foreign owners. Some are saying that they don't want this guy near our football club because its going tits up. Don't know whether I am siding with them or not...

Meaning through his actions, many many owners have turned their clubs that they have bought into a sinking ship, majority of them being foreign owners. Some are saying that they don't want this guy near our football club because its going tits up. Don't know whether I am siding with them or not...

He's just rebranded Salford Reds to the Salford Red Devils. There is the risk that he could move us to Salford and try and rebrand us, though I think that would mean trying to compete with United even more directly, which makes little sense to me.

TBH I wouldnt change a thing about the ownership of this club. We have a chairman who clearly cares about the well-being of the club aswell as listening and including the fans in decisions ie sacking Moore when seaosn tickets were down, backing Dickov when he was on a poor run and the fans were still behind him, not moving to Tameside.

As we currently stand, we arent flush with cash, but we have put together a squad this season which has the potential to challenge at the right end of the table, and we have had that on similar budgets under Shez. Money doesnt automatically buy promotion/good results, and there are a lot of examples in this division of that principle.

We have no danger whatsoever of going out of business, we have no danger of being rebranded, we have no danger of moving away from Oldham. And we are challenging on the field.

Koukash could come in and spend a fortune and we could go up, but that would feel hollow. Id rather do the Yeovil way and not go mad with cash, pick up bargains and blood the youth players. Its more exciting and rewarding as a fan. If we were to invest and then didnt go up, we would feel unhappy with the club, and if we did go up, it wouldnt be as big an achievement as if we went up, for example, this season.

I would genuinely rather see OAFC build the new stand, become successful on the pitch and see Simon Corney and TTA benefit from their hard work and investment over the last decade, rather than some money bag come in, tear out the soul of the club and get us promoted in one season and Corney n co getting no rewards out of us.

I love OAFC as we are now, it makes the cup runs special, it makes the playoffs a massive achievement and success and it makes us interesting to watch and follow.

:censored: Koukash and any 'business men' interested in our club. Weve already got a caring one of those.

TBH I wouldnt change a thing about the ownership of this club. We have a chairman who clearly cares about the well-being of the club aswell as listening and including the fans in decisions ie sacking Moore when seaosn tickets were down, backing Dickov when he was on a poor run and the fans were still behind him, not moving to Tameside.

As we currently stand, we arent flush with cash, but we have put together a squad this season which has the potential to challenge at the right end of the table, and we have had that on similar budgets under Shez. Money doesnt automatically buy promotion/good results, and there are a lot of examples in this division of that principle.

We have no danger whatsoever of going out of business, we have no danger of being rebranded, we have no danger of moving away from Oldham. And we are challenging on the field.

Koukash could come in and spend a fortune and we could go up, but that would feel hollow. Id rather do the Yeovil way and not go mad with cash, pick up bargains and blood the youth players. Its more exciting and rewarding as a fan. If we were to invest and then didnt go up, we would feel unhappy with the club, and if we did go up, it wouldnt be as big an achievement as if we went up, for example, this season.

I would genuinely rather see OAFC build the new stand, become successful on the pitch and see Simon Corney and TTA benefit from their hard work and investment over the last decade, rather than some money bag come in, tear out the soul of the club and get us promoted in one season and Corney n co getting no rewards out of us.

I love OAFC as we are now, it makes the cup runs special, it makes the playoffs a massive achievement and success and it makes us interesting to watch and follow.

:censored: Koukash and any 'business men' interested in our club. Weve already got a caring one of those.

good morning simon, how are things at BP?

in all seriousness, this club needs investment - koukash offers that... this clubs needs to be going somewhere not on a decline like we have been for the last 20 years' it's alright for you lot that have seen premier league football, ive only ever seen league one football it's BORING! come on koukash get your wallet out and buy oafc.. might be a risk but a risk im willing to follow

A ground share would be suicide. Seroiusly, given the reaction to Failsworth, let alone Ashton, can you imagine moving to Salford? Nobody/painfully few would go. People in Salford certainly wouldn't give it a second look (United die hard country) and few from Oldham would travel the 14 miles.

I actually like and trust SC. I don't think he would sell us down the :censored:ter. Equally, MK is not stupid enough to move us.

One more point. Actually, we are like Salford Reds in that we've never been a big club and are very unlikely to ever be a big club. However, if Wigan can go as far as they did with financial backing then there is no reason why we couldn't follow.

A ground share would be suicide. Seroiusly, given the reaction to Failsworth, let alone Ashton, can you imagine moving to Salford? Nobody/painfully few would go. People in Salford certainly wouldn't give it a second look (United die hard country) and few from Oldham would travel the 14 miles.

I actually like and trust SC. I don't think he would sell us down the :censored:ter. Equally, MK is not stupid enough to move us.

One more point. Actually, we are like Salford Reds in that we've never been a big club and are very unlikely to ever be a big club. However, if Wigan can go as far as they did with financial backing then there is no reason why we couldn't follow.

Spot on.

1) Corney wants to sell, so people wanting us to stay the way we are etc arent going to get that. Corney has frequently said that he wants to sell to the right person and he himself put Koukash in a positive light and said that he liked him etc.

And another main point is that many people think that Koukash will relocate us to Salford because that's apparently what he wanted to do the first time he came in for us, we know this from Corney. But the thing is that I don't think Koukash will relocate us if he does buy us and that is because...

Corney turned him down for buying us last time he was in for us because he wouldn't sell to a potential new owner that wanted to re-locate us, this means that the only chance that Koukash would have of buying this club is if he changed his thinking and didn't relocate us, I believe this is what is happening with him coming back in for us. He has changed his mind with what he wants to do with us and so will be able to buy us BECAUSE if he did still want to re-locate a club to Salford why would he come back in for us when he knew that he won't be able to buy us because of that?

1) Corney wants to sell, so people wanting us to stay the way we are etc arent going to get that. Corney has frequently said that he wants to sell to the right person and he himself put Koukash in a positive light and said that he liked him etc.

And another main point is that many people think that Koukash will relocate us to Salford because that's apparently what he wanted to do the first time he came in for us, we know this from Corney. But the thing is that I don't think Koukash will relocate us if he does buy us and that is because...

Corney turned him down for buying us last time he was in for us because he wouldn't sell to a potential new owner that wanted to re-locate us, this means that the only chance that Koukash would have of buying this club is if he changed his thinking and didn't relocate us, I believe this is what is happening with him coming back in for us. He has changed his mind with what he wants to do with us and so will be able to buy us BECAUSE if he did still want to re-locate a club to Salford why would he come back in for us when he knew that he won't be able to buy us because of that?

What stops him from changing his mind once he owns us?

Pretty sure that he'll go public with his intentions if the deal or negotiations progresses any further. Seems to be happy to speak to the press a bit and I can't imagine that someone would fail to ask.

He won't move us because he'd know what impact that would have on attendances and that wouldn't make sense given what he'd want to achieve.

- Koukash has already stated in the past that if he was to buy the North West club he wouldn't re-locate it, this may be in response to Corneys comments, we don't know.

- Corney loves Oldham Athletic and would never sell to a man that would move us to Salford after all the hard work he has put in getting permission to build the new stand etc

- Koukash knows this and wouldn't come back in for us if he hasn't changed his plans of what to do with us (I.e. his comments)