Here's to another round of will he won't he?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The idea was to try and tap in to Milton Keynes as a supporter catchment area with minimal competion wasn't it? Pretty far removed with trying to move a club to Salford.

I think you get my point though Smarty Pants. The vast majority of Wimbledon fans were against the idea but the owner(s) went ahead and did it anyway.

I think you get my point though Smarty Pants. The vast majority of Wimbledon fans were against the idea but the owner(s) went ahead and did it anyway.

They did so because they felt that there was sufficient reward in moving to MK with the additional people who would want to see league football in that area. A move to Salford doesn't make the same kind of sense on a business level (other than not needing to maintain BP) so I'm not convinced he'd be planning it.

I honestly think he has funded some of these new signings Oldham have signed. we couldn't afford a big squad last year yet this year we have enough to play 3 teams! I honestly think the paperwork was done last time we had this debate.

We have a larger squad because the average wage is considerably less than it was, especially now we've sold Jose.

It is very difficult for a rich person to come in, give a load of cash to the club and the club to spend that on players due to FFP. We aren't sponsored by Koucash race-horse stables or anything like that either.

Plus, has anyone thought that we might ground share with Salford but have them come to us. They don't own their stadium, it's not as big a Rugby League hotbed on that side of Manchester as it is over here and Sale Sharks use that ground too. It would be very, very difficult to have us, Sale Sharks and Salford Reds all wanting to use the same stadium on a weekend. Furthermore I'm not quite sure what the rules are but that stadium has a lot of standing areas, which I don't think we could use, thereby it's capacity for our games won't be very big at all.

This story stems from an interview he did with BBC radio Manchester last night, where he confirmed that the club was on his radar. So what, that doesn't mean he wants to buy us, IIRC he is matey with SC, the club would be on my radar if my only connection was being matey with the chairman. It's a Friday, there is no club press conference until today because of playing on Monday, where as normally it would be yesterday; copy needs to be written, so a story with no real merit gets blown out of proportion. If we were playing tomorrow I doubt this would get a mention, we aren't so it does.

Did the current Premier League champions play a couple of miles away?

I think you know they didn't Harold.

Forget MK Dons. I'll rephrase / simplify my original point for the pedantic folk amongst us....

Just because lots and lots of people think something is a :censored: idea, doesn't mean it will not happen.

We have a larger squad because the average wage is considerably less than it was, especially now we've sold Jose.

It is very difficult for a rich person to come in, give a load of cash to the club and the club to spend that on players due to FFP. We aren't sponsored by Koucash race-horse stables or anything like that either.

Plus, has anyone thought that we might ground share with Salford but have them come to us. They don't own their stadium, it's not as big a Rugby League hotbed on that side of Manchester as it is over here and Sale Sharks use that ground too. It would be very, very difficult to have us, Sale Sharks and Salford Reds all wanting to use the same stadium on a weekend. Furthermore I'm not quite sure what the rules are but that stadium has a lot of standing areas, which I don't think we could use, thereby it's capacity for our games won't be very big at all.

This story stems from an interview he did with BBC radio Manchester last night, where he confirmed that the club was on his radar. So what, that doesn't mean he wants to buy us, IIRC he is matey with SC, the club would be on my radar if my only connection was being matey with the chairman. It's a Friday, there is no club press conference until today because of playing on Monday, where as normally it would be yesterday; copy needs to be written, so a story with no real merit gets blown out of proportion. If we were playing tomorrow I doubt this would get a mention, we aren't so it does.

If you saw his interview last night you would have seen his plans for development of the area around their stadium. Hotel etc. No chance of them coming to us.

Instead of SC selling why not ask MK to invest and have an equal share. That way we know that nothing underhand can happen.

My big problem in selling to MK would be the possibility of him walking away if things don't turn out the way he wants them to.

I am concerned about

"Asked if Oldham Athletic is still on his radar, Koukash said: “Absolutely.

“My priority and my time has recently been taken up with building the (Salford rugby) team that we announced today, but now I will start trying to concentrate on acquiring the football club.”

It macks of treating it like a plaything.

You can't just shove a load of money, buy 12 players and go onto the next thing.

Him in conjunction with SC is something far more interesting.

If he or anyonelse has any intention of buying us all I ask of them is that

1. They know what they are getting themselves into. They have an understanding of football and they understand what the club means to the fans. I.e. they are not someone like venkys

2. They are prepared to put the effort into making the club as successful as possible. I don't want someone who just likes the idea of running a football club I want someone who is prepared to make the club work and doesn't pull the rug from under us when times get tough I.e. Chris Moore.

If he meets those criteria he will do for me

Think unless we suddenly uncover a high profile rich Oldham fan (can only think of Zen Les as being relatively wedged) or one of us strikes it lucky and scoops a big Lottery win then Koucash is as good as we are likely to get - already involved in the sporting world and investing in horse racing shows he's not afraid to throw money down a black hole!

Will be interesting to see how things unfold at Salford, whether or not he continues with the investment if they don't start attracting bigger crowds and threatening the top end of the table we shall see.

That said, why hasn't Corney been on Dragons Den?

Corney "I'm looking for £5m to build a 3000 seat stand and sign Steve Jennings on a 2 year deal in return for a free Latics Player subscription & a lifetimes supply of Clayton Park pies."

Bannatyne "Another central midfielder? Mellor should be starting alongside Korey Smith and for that reason, I'm out"

That said, why hasn't Corney been on Dragons Den?

Corney "I'm looking for £5m to build a 3000 seat stand and sign Steve Jennings on a 2 year deal in return for a free Latics Player subscription & a lifetimes supply of Clayton Park pies."

Bannatyne "Another central midfielder? Mellor should be starting alongside Korey Smith and for that reason, I'm out"

Very good.

Am particularly impressed how you managed to understand a word Bannatyne said.

I am concerned about

"Asked if Oldham Athletic is still on his radar, Koukash said: Absolutely.

My priority and my time has recently been taken up with building the (Salford rugby) team that we announced today, but now I will start trying to concentrate on acquiring the football club.

It macks of treating it like a plaything.

You can't just shove a load of money, buy 12 players and go onto the next thing.

Him in conjunction with SC is something far more interesting.

Exactly, he's a business man with no care of football or sport tbh. He might seem that way in the press but he's a money man. Tbh he stinks on Chris Moore. Everyone (including me) loved him, that turned out well. TTA were business men when they took over but didnt have the finance to turn this club completely round. Instead SC has stabilised the club and is now looking to push on and has developed a love for the club. Were we to go downhill under MK (dons) would he have the same care or would he jump ship and leave you and me to pick up the pieces? Edited by youngen

Just a quick question, I think it might have been posted on here but how have we signed these decent players on two to three year contracts? When apparently our budget been significantly slashed from last season, because I can see smith, Dayton, Rooney being on a fair amount of money.

Just a quick question, I think it might have been posted on here but how have we signed these decent players on two to three year contracts? When apparently our budget been significantly slashed from last season, because I can see smith, Dayton, Rooney being on a fair amount of money.

Off the wage bill:

Furman

Simpson

M'Voto

Baxter

Croft

Big freeing up of cash there. Season ticket sales up too.

I'll have forgotten others too.